• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Spurs (38-6) @ Warriors (40-4) 1030 PM EST 1/25/16 NBATV

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why don't you tell that to some of the other posters that are trying to compare the Spurs and Cavs, fuck boy.

Oh throwing around insults huh? Good for you! I expect nothing less from heartbroken & pissed off Heat fans though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh throwing around insults huh? Good for you! I expect nothing less from heartbroken & pissed off Heat fans though.
I dont think he can get past the "denial" stage of the stages of grief....the only reason the Heat were any good was LeBron at that point- as we can see now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think he can get past the "denial" stage of the stages of grief....the only reason the Heat were any good was LeBron at that point- as we can see now.

In other words, the same reason the Cavs are, but with more titles.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other words, the same reason the Cavs are, but with more titles.
well dont forget the no hope part for the heat...

im telling ya- Riley is gonna jump ship as soon as those picks become due- he will be chillen on south beach drinking margaritas while his successor inherits its a big shit sandwich around 3 or so years from now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well dont forget the no hope part for the heat...

im telling ya- Riley is gonna jump ship as soon as those picks become due- he will be chillen on south beach drinking margaritas while his successor inherits its a big shit sandwich around 3 or so years from now.

Well, he's in his 70's so he's certainly closer to the end of his career than the beginning. I don't know what his successor will be inheriting in 3-4 years and neither do you.

Riley has a proven history of being able to build/re-build contending teams. Outside of a couple of seasons in the 90's. The Cavs have never shown an ability to build or rebuild a team without Lebron.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was wasted because LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE came up exceedingly small.
It was by far and away his most disappointing and least inspired effort all season.

They way to beat the Warriors is a dominant post offense + post defense.

Boban and West can be good on post offense (they shot 10 for 14 and got their points).
But they are defensive liabilities in the post.

You need a big guy who is a 2-way low post threat like Duncan.
Aldridge is an adequate/average defender. He is far better offensively, but he is not horrible on defense.

There is no reason for Aldridge not even trying to be that 2 way guy last night.
I was very disappointed with him taking mid-range jumpers and never defending the rim by standing away from it.

Golden State is great and they likely hold serve on their home court regardless.
But LA made it really easy for them with his efforts.

Reactions: LAD

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was by far and away his most disappointing and least inspired effort all season.

Boban and West can be good on post offense (they shot 10 for 14 and got their points).

Aldridge is an adequate/average defender. He is far better offensively, but he is not horrible on defense.

There is no reason for Aldridge not even trying to be that 2 way guy last night.
I was very disappointed with him taking mid-range jumpers and never defending the rim by standing away from it.

Golden State is great and they likely hold serve on their home court regardless.

Pop is probably loving this. Not only does it virtually guarantee that he won't have to coach the all-star game, but he gets to yell at everybody too. Win-win for Pop. :lol:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think a big deal of credit goes to Draymond for making Aldridge work for positioning and challenging him well when he got the ball down low. I've actually never thought Aldridge was very good in the post. He was always more of a mid-range shooting big to me, with great touch. Not having Duncan there hurt more than the zero production provided by Aldridge. If Duncan is there, he opens up more opportunities by commanding the ball down low and allowing Aldridge some freedom to move around.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he's in his 70's so he's certainly closer to the end of his career than the beginning. I don't know what his successor will be inheriting in 3-4 years and neither do you.

Riley has a proven history of being able to build/re-build contending teams. Outside of a couple of seasons in the 90's. The Cavs have never shown an ability to build or rebuild a team without Lebron.
we can guess.....and i mean- as a Lakers fan- what happened when the roster really started to get old- you had a franchise icon that was overpaid but kinda had to keep around- combined with owing a bunch of lightly protected first round picks in the future......it paints a familiar picture doesnt it?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually kind of surprised at the number of mental mistakes Kawhi made on defense last night. He doubled off of his guy in at least two separate occasions that I saw, where he left another guy (Livingston) completely open under the hoop. Maybe someone else was supposed to rotate, but it looked like he made the decisions to leave.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seriously...the Cavs were 2 inches awy on an Iman Shumpert shot from being up 3-0 against the Warriors with half a team. - and now they have no chance? lol
Let the Warriors win the regular season. As we have seen this week- that has not been and will not be the Cavs final goal.

Zach Lowe said on a podcast that a warriors coach said during the finals that year once kyrie went out during the finals that he thought that it would be a tougher series for them. Shots fired at kyrie? He ended up being right lol

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors are peaking early....

Cavs are gonna peak at the perfect time. They need a 2-4 weeks to get in shape, learn the new offense, and learn those elbow actions for Love with the 2nd unit.....after that itll be time to readjust and clamp back down on the defensive end....right around late march early april I bet this Cavs team will be playing the best ball they have ever played since the Cavaliers came into existence- will run through and gut the East - and WIN the title....as long as all the big 3 are healthy.

The peaking early argument is nonsense to me. So you're not supposed to play well at all right now?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really sleeping on OKC and the capability of Durant and Westbrook to go off. People keep sleeping on OKC. Just remember that anytime they have been healthy in the playoffs, they have always made at least the WCF since 2011.

Durant usually goes off on GSW

They don't scare me really. They play at our pace

Reactions: LAD

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aldridge only had 6 points against the Cavs also. I thought Love/Thompson played nice defense against LA & Timmy (who had 9).

Parker played great against the Cavs -- but didn't do much last night.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop is probably loving this. Not only does it virtually guarantee that he won't have to coach the all-star game, but he gets to yell at everybody too. Win-win for Pop. :lol:
could you even imagine if Pop did what Blatt did--- start making excuses and say the team has played "pretty good" and the media coverage of the blowout is unfair? lol....

Griffin saw those statements by Blatt- that are so 100% in the face of what common sense would have the coach say- and was like- yah- enough is enough.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zach Lowe said on a podcast that a warriors coach said during the finals that year once kyrie went out during the finals that he thought that it would be a tougher series for them. Shots fired at kyrie? He ended up being right lol

Not at all. The Warriors had previously game planned with the expectation that Kyrie was going to play. Their defensive rotations and assignments, and how they would attack him on offense were all thrown out the window. With Kyrie out, it really condensed the options on the Cavs, but it also made sure the ball was in Lebron's hands all the time. Lebron is most dangerous with the ball in his hands. He's actually pretty useless with out it, tbh.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really sleeping on OKC and the capability of Durant and Westbrook to go off. People keep sleeping on OKC. Just remember that anytime they have been healthy in the playoffs, they have always made at least the WCF since 2011.

Durant usually goes off on GSW
I never said neither of them are also great players. But what I do know is that it will take a COMPLETE team to beat GS in a 7 games series. OKC rarely plays as a team will collective efforts from all their guys. I have noticed that even though KD & RW score more than 50% of their teams points that hasn't always ended in wins for them.

Honestly, I think the Spurs have a better shot at beating GS than OKC.