• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2020

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Ruf and Green to stay.

Sorry Belt.

Bye bye Longo.
I could maybe understand the Belt idea if his spring was going poorly. It is not. Gambling on Green or Ruf while jettisoning Belt is a bad idea. If Belt rebounds this year, he's a big trade piece. And Longoria's contract means he isn't going anywhere (Belt's too, for that matter). However, if Longoria's defense and offense both continue to slip, and Sandoval is showing something, I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone next season. FZ has shown a willingness to just absorb the last year of a contract but it remains to be seen how often ownership would do that. They did do that with Cozart but that was only one year. Longoria is signed through 2022, with a 2023 team option.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could maybe understand the Belt idea if his spring was going poorly. It is not. Gambling on Green or Ruf while jettisoning Belt is a bad idea. If Belt rebounds this year, he's a big trade piece. And Longoria's contract means he isn't going anywhere (Belt's too, for that matter). However, if Longoria's defense and offense both continue to slip, and Sandoval is showing something, I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone next season. FZ has shown a willingness to just absorb the last year of a contract but it remains to be seen how often ownership would do that. They did do that with Cozart but that was only one year. Longoria is signed through 2022, with a 2023 team option.
Longo is not worth the money, but he is still a good player. He ain’t going anywhere.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more bothered by these comments if Duggar, Davis or some other center fielder in camp was hitting better. The word on Hamilton was that the Giants wanted to see Hamilton show his bat is doing better this spring. These statements seem to contradict that. From Gabe Kapler, via sfgiants.com:

Giants manager Gabe Kapler indicated that Hamilton’s six years of big league experience will work in his favor.

“With a guy like Billy, it’s much more about track record than it is anything else,” Kapler said. “Not that we don’t think these Spring Training at-bats are important. But we’ll lean heavily on what Billy’s done in his career and evaluate the work that he’s doing in camp. I think Billy’s six years of experience will show us much more than three weeks in Spring Training.”

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Bart going down and Siri in camp, the Giants have two players under 25 still in camp - Siri and Logan Webb. Of the 4 guys 25 years old, one is a long shot to be the backup catcher (Chad Tromp), one is getting knocked around (Shawn Anderson), one is not making the most to make it as a backup outfielder (Jaylin Davis) and one should make the team as the super utility (Mauricio Dubon).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be more bothered by these comments if Duggar, Davis or some other center fielder in camp was hitting better. The word on Hamilton was that the Giants wanted to see Hamilton show his bat is doing better this spring. These statements seem to contradict that. From Gabe Kapler, via sfgiants.com:

Giants manager Gabe Kapler indicated that Hamilton’s six years of big league experience will work in his favor.

“With a guy like Billy, it’s much more about track record than it is anything else,” Kapler said. “Not that we don’t think these Spring Training at-bats are important. But we’ll lean heavily on what Billy’s done in his career and evaluate the work that he’s doing in camp. I think Billy’s six years of experience will show us much more than three weeks in Spring Training.”
Maybe that is Kap’s way of saying “Dude can’t hit his way out of a wet paper bag. We know that. If a hit falls on him once in a while this spring, that won’t change our opinion on him”.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are wrong and know nothing about baseball.

Longo and Belt put your houses on the market.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are wrong and know nothing about baseball.

Longo and Belt put your houses on the market.
@LHG ...

Have you contacted the police? Longo and Belt are apparently trying to liquidate your many homes...

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Jose Siri addition. Dude is tooled up as much as anyone, but has A LOT of red flags. Good gamble for no cost.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Punks. After they get my houses, word is they are coming for your helipad.
If I can clear that damned helipad off my property, maybe I will have space to build a house bigger than 268 sqf...

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I can clear that damned helipad off my property, maybe I will have space to build a house bigger than 268 sqf...

a6e5db514e1108c9-helicopter-gifs-find-share-on-giphy.gif

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta figure regular season will be approx 140 games this year...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
walked by the park today, grass is in and it looks outstanding.

bullys are framed and they are working on the new bleachers.

from the rate of progress i've seen over the last few months, construction will welcome the delayed opening day

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, let's play ball. Just kidding. Waiting is the prudent thing for now. Hope the players are working out diligently every day, while avoiding beer and weed.