• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2015

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amusing how quickly we are at each other's throats because of the disappointing spring training.

You are never as good as you think you are, and you are never as bad as you think you are.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amusing how quickly we are at each other's throats because of the disappointing spring training.

You are never as good as you think you are, and you are never as bad as you think you are.
Personally, I dont think anyone is panicking from this spring training (well, almost nobody). It looks bad, but it is spring training. Lets see how the first 2 weeks of the season go, THEN we can start to panic :)

I think the bickering is because there really isn't anything to talk about...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cracks me up that you think you speak for the entire board. You such an arrogant ass; entertaining sometimes, but in general an arrogant ass.

U mad, bro?

Listen Nolan, we all know who you are, and we banned you once before. I know exactly how this board perceives you. If we get tired of your act again, you're gone, again.

You're here because you've toned it down. Keep it that way.

Sheesh.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also it's a long LONG season, one week they look like shit, the next they beat everyone. Don't need to remind people about the 2014 roller coaster. Would it be nice if they looked sharp in March? Of course. Will it end up mattering? Nope.

This team is not a lock for the playoffs like the Nats. They don't suck like the Rockies. They could win 90 with some breaks, they could win 70 with some bad breaks. Probably will win 84-86 after all the wailing and gnashing of teeth in March.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pagan had to receive a shot in his back and will be out at least 3 more days of Spring. I hope Pagan is ready for the season but Sabean might need to make a move for a OF to be safe.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pagan had to receive a shot in his back and will be out at least 3 more days of Spring. I hope Pagan is ready for the season but Sabean might need to make a move for a OF to be safe.
I was never expecting 162 out of Pagan (heck, I was hardly expecting 100), but this is beginning to look like a bad thing. Back surgery practically NEVER works for athletes, and this is starting to look like he may be done (my ignorant, non-medical observation).

I am not a huge fan of getting Craig (his defense is super-bad and his contract is oppressive), but I dont think we have much of a choice if we want to contend this year.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never expecting 162 out of Pagan (heck, I was hardly expecting 100), but this is beginning to look like a bad thing. Back surgery practically NEVER works for athletes, and this is starting to look like he may be done (my ignorant, non-medical observation).

I am not a huge fan of getting Craig (his defense is super-bad and his contract is oppressive), but I dont think we have much of a choice if we want to contend this year.

I think Sabean has to make a move to cover this important first month of the Season where the Giants play the NL West all month and the Dodgers 6 games. It would be tough to start without Pagan and Pence out there in the OF. Giants have to finish at least .500 in April. Important month.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U mad, bro?

Listen Nolan, we all know who you are, and we banned you once before. I know exactly how this board perceives you. If we get tired of your act again, you're gone, again.

You're here because you've toned it down. Keep it that way.

Sheesh.

Sounds like a threat but I doubt you have the juice. Anyway, its clear you don't know what you are talking about.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a threat but I doubt you have the juice. Anyway, its clear you don't know what you are talking about.

Test it and see...

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sabean has to make a move to cover this important first month of the Season where the Giants play the NL West all month and the Dodgers 6 games. It would be tough to start without Pagan and Pence out there in the OF. Giants have to finish at least .500 in April. Important month.

This is an unusually balanced and thoughtful post from you. If they don't finish .500 in April, what then?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an unusually balanced and thoughtful post from you. If they don't finish .500 in April, what then?

Then it will be a uphill battle all year. I think it will be important to hang in there in April to get Pence back. If they finish April under .500 the season is not over but I think it would be smart to be proactive with Pagan's back flaring up again. Sabes can not roll the dice especially with all the West breathing down the Giants necks in the first month of the season. I think he needs to make a move.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Padres would be willing to trade within the NL West. I have always liked Will Venable. He might be a "not so expensive" option. I'm not a fan of the Craig idea either.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The-Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-Macbook-movie-wallpaper.jpg

"Shoot zem. Shoot zem both."

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen - could you guys QUOTE the post you are replying to? It can be really confusing, especially when you reply two or three times in a row.

(And to be clear, I am replying to 80% of the posts in the last 2 days that didn't quote,)

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to MLB Rumors.com Boston is now saying that Craig should open the season on Boston's 25 man roster and they are not interested in getting rid of him cheap. Craig is owed 26.5 Mil on his contract still by the Red Sox.

My best guess is that Sabean is going to do his thing and wait until the cut downs around baseball and try and snag someone off waivers right before the season starts. Also Sanchez or Susac might be in play for a trade somewhere. Both are coveted by lots of teams around the league.

With Sabes it's wait and see. He will come up with something...he always does.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Padres would be willing to trade within the NL West. I have always liked Will Venable. He might be a "not so expensive" option. I'm not a fan of the Craig idea either.
Just spitballing so don't start pelting me with rotten tomatoes here, but how does Ethier stack up against Craig or Venable? I know he's pretty diva-ish, but maybe, perhaps a viable option??

:behindsofa:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just spitballing so don't start pelting me with rotten tomatoes here, but how does Ethier stack up against Craig or Venable? I know he's pretty diva-ish, but maybe, perhaps a viable option??

:behindsofa:

I don't see anyone in the West helping out the Giants by trading them a OF. Giants will have to look outside the division for help. Sabean will find someone if Pagan can't go.