• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spring Training 2015

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had great seats to watch the Giants just get blasted by the Padres yesterday. That team looks really good! Got my first look at McGehee as well. He looks like a fat little troll. Extremely poor baserunner too.

Not Especially Entertaining SPort Netwerk had some rating where McGehee was rated as last in major league baseball for baserunning which included speed and judgment on the bases. The numbers came from the usual new fangled (I actually was an early adopter of those type of stats) Stats organizations.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Especially Entertaining SPort Netwerk had some rating where McGehee was rated as last in major league baseball for baserunning which included speed and judgment on the bases. The numbers came from the usual new fangled (I actually was an early adopter of those type of stats) Stats organizations.
Dude got thrown out by 15 feet trying to steal second but my beef with him was the base running judgement. he hit a nice double with two outs and the hitter behind him hits a grounder up the middle that just barely got by the diving second bsaseman. McGehee, instead of running at the crack of the bat with two outs, holds up half way between second and third to make sure the ball got through. Consequently he only got to third and of course the next batter pops out. I could not believe it

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diamondbacks have beaten the Giants three times out of four this Spring by a combined score of 27-14 (so far), and are winning today, 10-0.

Giants look either bored with Spring Training (do we have to play these games that don't count?) or they are really not ready for the season. The hitting sucks so far, as does the pitching.

In today's game, The Snakes took 17 pitches from MadBum in the 1st inning. The Giants didn't get to 17 pitches total until the 4th inning. Yesterday, Crick got lit up. Today, it was Cody Hall, though MadBum didn't look sharp, either.

In the 7th, after AZ scores 5 in the top of the inning, EA watches three pitches go by for the K, and then Hacktor makes a FPOM. Four pitches, two outs. (sigh)

Good crowd today. I left early due to the score, and I was out on the grass in the outfield, getting fried by the sun.

Hoping for better games coming up. Won't see the Giants play again until Thursday against the Brewers in Maryvale.

Last edited:

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the movement on Lincecum's pitches being awesome too we might have 3 Aces again. Just saying.

But, Madbum might be a better fit as the Lefty in between two dominate Righties. I hate having only one lefty as a starter. Id love for us to have L, R, R, L, R or atleast R, L R, L, R But as of now we are stuck at having L, R, R, R, R, R

:lol::lol::lol::pound::pound::pound:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, and subscribe to the fact that spring training game don't mean jack. But usually, that argument comes when a team simply is not near the top of the standings. This spring, the team has been down right embarrassing. I am not sure I have ever seen a team look this bad in the spring before.

I want them to put a couple wins up on the board before opening day, otherwise they will be flat-footed out the gate, and we cant afford that this year.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another sound thrashing today. I know its Spring but we better get used to it. There are no runs in this lineup.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another sound thrashing today. I know its Spring but we better get used to it. There are no runs in this lineup.

I have no fears at all. When the bell rings the Giants will be ready. Pitching is the key and the Giants will be playing a lot of close games again this year which they thrive on. Bochy has them by the reins right now and when the gate opens the Giants will be ready. Still almost three weeks left until Opening Day. You have to understand that these guys are experienced and know when it's time to go.

Can't wait !

Go Giants !!:suds::clap:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no fears at all. When the bell rings the Giants will be ready. Pitching is the key and the Giants will be playing a lot of close games again this year which they thrive on. Bochy has them by the reins right now and when the gate opens the Giants will be ready. Still almost three weeks left until Opening Day. You have to understand that these guys are experienced and know when it's time to go.

Can't wait !

Well, in your moniker you do admit to being a dreamer.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a weird transaction there...

ThE board member who believes the Giants can do no right vs the board member who believes the Giants can do no wrong. Doesn't this sort of interaction cause black holes, or something?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ThE board member who believes the Giants can do no right vs the board member who believes the Giants can do no wrong. Doesn't this sort of interaction cause black holes, or something?

3 WS Championships in 5 years. I believe.

I rest my case.

Peace.

:suds::clap:

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you disagree that this team will struggle to score runs? The Pence injury seems to have taken the starch right out of them just as the Posey injury did in 2011.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you disagree that this team will struggle to score runs? The Pence injury seems to have taken the starch right out of them just as the Posey injury did in 2011.

It will be tough but the Giants thrive on adversity. So many have doubted them in three WS Championship years that you have to give them the benefit of the doubt. Melky gets busted they win anyway. Pagan and Cain go down and the Giants rally to win it all. 2010 a group of misfits shock the world. I give credit when credit is due and the Giants have balled up time after time. I believe.

Pence will be back only missing 2 -3 weeks of the season.

Go Giants !!

P.S. I am going to soak up every moment on this historic Giants run.

Last edited:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never said this team doesn't have holes. But I also didn't call 2010 over after a loss in Cincy like some fans did.

You thrive on focusing on the negative. BoB thrives on focusing on the positive. The rest of us reside somewhere in the middle.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be tough but the Giants thrive on adversity. So many have doubted them in three WS Championship years that you have to give them the benefit of the doubt. Melky gets busted they win anyway. Pagan and Cain go down and the Giants rally to win it all. 2010 a group of misfits shock the world. I give credit when credit is due and the Giants have balled up time after time. I believe.

Pence will be back only missing 2 -3 weeks of the season.

Go Giants !!

P.S. I am going to soak up every moment on this historic Giants run.
I suppose that's true. I was certainly one who doubted them.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't wait !

2 bullshits on my post. Most everyone was calling bullshit on me last year too so I will take it as a good sign that the negative nellies are back on my ass once again. I welcome all comers. I know what hard times are like and these guys play ballz out every year.I am having a blast rooting for this bunch of scrappers. I am willing to saddle up and go wire to wire with the boys once again.

Go Giants !!

P.S. I still believe.

Last edited:

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bochy is expressing some concern as well. Excerpted from an Insider article that was taken from a Shea article:

Even before the Giants have received championship rings for the third time in five seasons, San Francisco Giants manager Bruce Bochy expressed some concern about his team's play, as John Shea writes.

Said Bochy: "We're not even close to being ready."

Here's more from Shea's piece:

The defending champs are 4-12-1 in the Cactus League with two wins in their past 13 games. Their ERA is 6.00, highest in the majors. Their .235 batting average and 18 errors rank near the bottom of the baseball pack.

"It's that time where we all better start playing a little better," Bochy said. "I know it's spring training, but this is as tough a stretch as I've seen even in the spring. All facets of the game, we're not doing anything very well right now. Pitching, swinging the bats, defense.

"So hopefully this day off will give them a chance to wash off these first couple of weeks, and they can come back and start picking it up in all areas."

The Giants are off Wednesday.

"We're just not swinging the bats with authority at all. We're not hitting any balls on the barrel," Bochy said. "It's really time of possession. These long innings really drain the guys on defense. You're not throwing strikes, it gets sloppy."

The Dodgers won 94 games last season, and while questions hover over the quality of their bullpen, the general perception is that they will be much better defensively, with more depth. The Padres also have improved thanks to a massive roster makeover, although to what degree remains to be seen.

Maybe Bochy's words will serve as the first warning to his players of the long road ahead, that the accomplishments of 2015 are over. Spring training results do not count, but even for the defending champions, they are beginning to matter.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never said this team doesn't have holes. But I also didn't call 2010 over after a loss in Cincy like some fans did.

You thrive on focusing on the negative. BoB thrives on focusing on the positive. The rest of us reside somewhere in the middle.
Ya, that would be ridiculous. But we all have our doubts from time to time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, that would be ridiculous. But we all have our doubts from time to time.
So you are finally acknowledging that was ridiculous?

5 years later?

Some are slower than others, I suppose.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bochy is expressing some concern as well. Excerpted from an Insider article that was taken from a Shea article:

As well he should be. The team looks flat and does not even compete in the Spring games I've seen. Bochy and I also don't like what we've seen from the pitching this year as well. Cain is a mystery, Lincecum looks done, I don't like what I've seen at all from Hudson since mid season last year or what I saw from Peavey since the post season last year. And now they've lost their emotional leader and the guy who inspires everyone else to hustle.