• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla's 2019 Week 7 Discussion Thread

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voting Thread - SportsHoopla's 2019 Week 7 Voting

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Voting Thread - SportsHoopla's 2019 Week 7 Voting

Just to check, did you intend for Georgia not to be ranked?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a little surprised that people seem to unanimously have LSU ahead of Oklahoma. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining as I think there’s arguments to be had both ways. LSU has definitely played a toughe schedule beating Texas in their own house and Florida who looks like a top 15 team.

However, Oklahoma physically dominated their common opponent in Texas. The differences in defensive performances were glaring. Especially in the ability to beat the OL and get to Elingher. The secondary performances were night and day different too. The game really wasn’t as close as the score indicated.

Again, it’s all semantics and I can see both arguments. Just a bit surprised it seems to be unanimous.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a little surprised that people seem to unanimously have LSU ahead of Oklahoma.

Yeah
If Oklahoma would have had a better Offensive performance yesterday, I would have probably put us over LSU. I just can't watch every team start to finish, so that's a problem when it's close.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a little surprised that people seem to unanimously have LSU ahead of Oklahoma. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining as I think there’s arguments to be had both ways. LSU has definitely played a toughe schedule beating Texas in their own house and Florida who looks like a top 15 team.

However, Oklahoma physically dominated their common opponent in Texas. The differences in defensive performances were glaring. Especially in the ability to beat the OL and get to Elingher. The secondary performances were night and day different too. The game really wasn’t as close as the score indicated.

Again, it’s all semantics and I can see both arguments. Just a bit surprised it seems to be unanimous.

TBH, there is little separating the top 6. I could randomly pick them out of a hat and it wouldn’t matter.

OU is having a great year, and is a shoo in for the CFP if they win out.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty simple IMO. LSU has 2 impressive wins. OU has 1. With the weak schedule we play this year, pretty much have to go undefeated to make the playoffs again.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma won by 7 on a neutral field (50% OU fans) versus Texas where they play all the time. .
It came down to a missed onside kick that was close.

LSU won by 7 at Austin in a true road game.
It came down a missed onside kick that was close.

It wasnt like OU won by 40 and LSU barely escaped in overtime.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be hard to justify dropping LSU when they beat an undefeated team by multiple scores. When LSU plays Bama, it'll sort itself out. If they beat Bama, Oklahoma probably doesn't jump them before the playoffs, if LSU loses to Bama, and Oklahoma doesn't stumble, Oklahoma will jump them.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One team had 9 sacks and allowed 27 points. Another team had 2 sacks and allowed zero points.

Great defense? Only in the Big XII can giving up 27 points be considered great defense.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One team had 9 sacks and allowed 27 points. Another team had 2 sacks and allowed zero points.

Great defense? Only in the Big XII can giving up 27 points be considered great defense.

You clearly didn’t watch the game and once you play an offense with a pulse we’ll see just how great Wisconsin’s defense really is.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma won by 7 on a neutral field (50% OU fans) versus Texas where they play all the time. .
It came down to a missed onside kick that was close.

LSU won by 7 at Austin in a true road game.
It came down a missed onside kick that was close.

It wasnt like OU won by 40 and LSU barely escaped in overtime.

It wasn’t as close as the score indicated and you had to have the refs walk you down the field for at least ten points to even be in that position. If Oklahoma doesn’t play the entire first half with their offensive heads up their asses (an extremely rare occurrence) namely Riley then even that wouldn’t matter. Fact of the matter is Texas was extremely fortunate to even be in a position to make that on side kick with a lot of help from the officials as usual.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly didn’t watch the game and once you play an offense with a pulse we’ll see just how great Wisconsin’s defense really is.

The object on defense is to not allow points. 27 in one game does not equate to 29 points in 6 games.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The object on defense is to not allow points. 27 in one game does not equate to 29 points in 6 games.

Like I said. I’ll be impressed when you play an offense with a pulse. And again, you clearly didn’t watch the game or you’d know at least ten of those points were handed to them.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. I’ll be impressed when you play an offense with a pulse. And again, you clearly didn’t watch the game or you’d know at least ten of those points were handed to them.

It may have been great defense for Oklahoma, but...

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is the only team that OU has played with a pulse. I am quite sure that you would trade defenses in a heartbeat.

I didn’t say team. I said offense. You would not shut Texas’ offense down and again, it’s clear you did not watch the game. I have no idea whether I’d trade defenses with Wisconsin because I haven’t seen them play an offense that can actually do anything.