• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Preseason Top 25 discussion thread

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nice non-homer ballot, champ. Ranking USC #1 is very bold. Not ranking SCAR is head-scratching though.

I can't wait to see Spurrier scratching his head after he starts off the season 0-2!

GO HEELS!

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the joke sailed completely over your head because you're a tater.

But hey, ho, we're all one big happy family in South Carolina. And I mean that literally.

What's your county?

No, I got it; just wasn't funny :dhd:

In the capital city sir, at least until the house sells...

Jonny Valtimore

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. None whatsoever. It's not even really close at this point either. It will be fun to see how it all unfolds.

IMO Oregon had the "better" loss last season than Alabama. Alabama, while fantastic, has had plenty of breaks to get them to where they are. Oregon could have just as deservingly played for it all last year.

Should be quite the season.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. The USC (because so many of these ballots are ridiculous, I might as well)
2. Alabama (probably undefeated until the loss to The USC)
3. Stanford (3 straight 11+ win seasons, on a roll :yahoo: )
4. Texas A&M (one more good year for them)
5. Oregon (they will actually end up lower than this, but I'll start them high :doh: )
6. Notre Dame (a slight drop this year)
7. Louisville (not really this good, but will likely go undefeated)
8. Florida (because they're better than Georgia but got beat by L'ville)
9. Georgia (traditional overrated preseason ranking :gaah: )
10. Clemson (because their loss to Georgia will be seen as a "quality loss" :L )
11. LSU (because you can't spell SLUT without L-S-U, and I like sluts :eyebrows: )
12. Florida State (because they're 12 in the coaches poll and I didn't feel like researching them)
13. Ohio State (because I've finished listing SEC teams :bawling: )
14. Northwestern (I've kind of always liked them for no reason, so I'll go with the fresh hype)
15. Texas (semi-homer placement above OU)
16. Oklahoma (to keep them beside Texas until they play each other)
17. Nebraska (they won't win all their games, but will be the better team :rollseyes: )
18. Oklahoma State (why not?)
19. Boise State (they'll win a bunch of games)
20. UCLA (they've been down too long, time to take advantage of SCAL's plunge)
21. TCU (because they believe in God)
22. Michigan (I think they could do better than this, but I need to see it)
23. Wisconsin (welcome back, fork'em!)
24. Virginia Tech (JMU not on the schedule and they'll play Bama surprisingly close)
25. Kansas State (mercy rank because they tried so hard last year)

Best poll yet,but Ole Miss would take out Ohio State too.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida could be a contender for the national title this year... or out of the top 25. And I follow them religiously...

No idea how to rank them... or any other team for that matter. Bama is the only team I feel good about this year...

scuttlebutt

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,350.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. Ohio State
4. aTm
5. Stanford
6. Georgia
7. Clemson
8. South Carolina
9. Louisville
10. Oky State
11. LSU
12. Florida State
13. Florida
14. UCLA
15. Notre Dame
16. Nebraska
17. Michigan
18. Oregon State
19. TCU
20. Wisconsin
21. Northwestern
22. Notre Dame
23. Texas
24. Fresno State
25. Southern California
Just can't let those losses to the Broncos go can ya. My prediction... you'll be the only one without BSU in their pre-season polls.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just can't let those losses to the Broncos go can ya. My prediction... you'll be the only one without BSU in their pre-season polls.

Gonna give Mamba the benefit of the doubt here. He has Notre Dame at #15 and again at#22. Unless you are from Boise, expect no one to have BSU as high as #15. I'm betting #22 is BSU. Heck, in my poll I forgot Notre Dame all together. Need to plink them in at #15 and move the rest down one.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna give Mamba the benefit of the doubt here. He has Notre Dame at #15 and again at#22. Unless you are from Boise, expect no one to have BSU as high as #15. I'm betting #22 is BSU. Heck, in my poll I forgot Notre Dame all together. Need to plink them in at #15 and move the rest down one.

lol. I didn't notice that. Mamba's a Domer in Duck's clothing. :dhd:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

perhaps he meant us at 22 instead of Notre Dame a second time??

either way it's just a preseason poll, we did lose a lot of defense, guy's that went in the draft and that left here(most got in trouble) and were wanted by a lot of other teams too.

Heck last year I ranked us 25th at the end of the year and called it my homer vote

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I got it; just wasn't funny :dhd:

In the capital city sir, at least until the house sells...

Good luck with the sale. Moving within the state, or are you leaving in order to protest the return of Mark Sanford to elected office?

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't have a problem with Mamba or anyone else leaving Boise out. I saw someone had them at 6th in their poll and another at 11th. I'd be more surprised if that happened than if Boise finished unranked all together. They only return 9 starters and while it should be improved, the offense was not very good last year. The road schedule doesn't do them any favors either. I see two losses at minimum next season.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what's with Notre Dame LOL? People are either forgetting them or ranking them twice, I've checked my poll several times to make sure I didn't either LOL

Do you want me to fix your poll sir?

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tOSU at #2 in the poll brings me to a good question:

Are we going to base rankings on (a) who are the best teams or (b) who are the most likely teams to go undefeated based on schedule?

Those aren't the same either... I hate pre-season polls and I hate they way we rank. Rank the best teams, not the ones who are "solid" but have a weak schedule... SEC team included.

Ohio State went 12-0 last year and returns their Heisman hopeful QB, along with a majority of their play makers

it's comical that people think rating them #2 is "out of line" or "only because of their schedule"

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Boise (uns) .... Had a fever for a week and my mind isnt all their. I am going back to fix my goof.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to see Spurrier scratching his head after he starts off the season 0-2!

GO HEELS!

You mean throw his visor right?

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps he meant us at 22 instead of Notre Dame a second time??

either way it's just a preseason poll, we did lose a lot of defense, guy's that went in the draft and that left here(most got in trouble) and were wanted by a lot of other teams too.

Heck last year I ranked us 25th at the end of the year and called it my homer vote

Boisefan, that would be great thanks.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My "kiss of death" predictions for what I think the top 25 will look like at regular season end. I'm not showing much love to the SEC, and I'll probably regret it next year! (now that I look at it, I really didn't respect the B12 at all)

1. Alabama (I just don't see how they lose, of course I said the same thing last year)
2. Oregon (Run the table till bowl season)
3. Stanford (only loss comes against Oregon)
4. Florida State (I always FAIL with these guys, but I have to be right sooner or later..no? close loss to Clem)
5. Louisville (TERRIBLE schedule means lots of wins)
6. Ohio State (BAD schedule, but I still think they lose one)
7. Notre Dame (I hate picking them here, so I hope I'm wrong)
8. South Carolina (toughest games are @UGA, and vs. Florida and Clemson)
9. Michigan (homer pick...I think they have 1 loss, and a win against Ohio)
10. Texas
11. Oklahoma State
12. Clemson (@ home against UGA, FSU, and GT. USCar will be tough on the road)
13. Nebraska (all their toughest games, except Mich are at home)
14. Boise State (I'm not sure who they have coming back, but schedule should get them at least 11 wins)
15. Cincinnati
16. Georgia (I suspect they will have 2 losses in their first 5 games)
17. Northwestern (Lot's of talent coming back)
18. USC (Lot's of talent on both sides, although I think depth will be their downfall)
19. LSU (rebuilding year)
20. Florida (tough schedule gets them 3-4 losses)
21. Oklahoma
22. Oregon State
23. UCLA
24. Georgia Tech
25. Miami
25. Texas A&M (I put them there in case Johnny Football plays...even if he does play, I see 3-4 losses)

SEC: 6 teams
Pac12: 5 teams
B10: 4 teams
ACC: 4 teams
B12: 3 teams

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To keep from boring everyone with a WILD ASS GUESS, let me give you the BOTTOM LINE!:noidea:

The main contenders (as mutually agreed by SportsHoopla members are BAMA, Ohio St, Oregon, UGA, TAMU, ND, and Stanford.
Tamu, lost too many players and JFF is starting to self destruct as anticipated
ND, proved last season they can no longer line up and knock heads with the BIG BOYS and expect to come out on top, EVER AGAIN!
That leaves UGA, BAMA, Ohio St, and Stanford.
UGA and Bama might play a rematch in the SEC CG, winner is odds on favorite to take the NC
However, same thing applies to Stanford/OREGON
Ohio St, stands alone in the BIG, but if they line up against winners of either conference(SEC or PAC) they go down, with the lone exception of UGA, should it be them.

Darkhorse teams:
FSU ( seems you have to say it, but it never seems to happen anymore)
LSU (under everyones radar, young players on D and a consistent O with a QB and OC could be winning combo
Clemson(just look at roster and the way season ended, not just Peach Bowl)
UCLA, Louisville, OU(The best of the rest, that have a legitimate shot)
I will come back and bore you with my top 25 after everyone else does!:L

Last edited by a moderator:

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy that is by far the most coherent post you have ever made on this board. The only mistakes you made were A.) saying tOSU will go down to the winners of the PAC, as there is nothing that would suggest that at all, and B.) Including ND as a contender, as I don't know if anyone legitimately thinks they are a contender after all they've lost.

Either way, though, :clap: