• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla NFL Dynasty Draft

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your system Nos... player/position > vs < player/position
And i'll weigh intangibles if prominent.(such as team & leadership).

But it appears 80% of our rosters are / were leaders anyway.......

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am going to pick the teams with the most players from the State of Wyoming lol JK

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way I am in no way affiliated with the state of Wyoming

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have decided how i'm going to vote during the playoff.

I will simply look at each position of both teams and determine the better player. Simply based on who was better when they played.

For instance... Ritz vs Johnny : Steve Young vs John Elway... Who was better when they played, I would give that one to Young so it would be Ritz 1 and Johnny 0 then on to the next players Eric Dickerson vs Emmitt Smith then I would vote for who was better when they played, lets say I vote Emmitt. Now it is Ritz 1 and Johnny 1.

We have 24 positions so if it ends 12 - 12 i'm screwed!!!

I like it NOS but how to figure who was better when they played. I am going to have to do some research, which I actually like.

One other factor for me is did people draft the position they played. That could be interesting and it's really a defensive thing.

And I think I will give the running back position only .5 points because it's much less valid today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like it NOS but how to figure who was better when they played. I am going to have to do some research, which I actually like.

One other factor for me is did people draft the position they played. That could be interesting and it's really a defensive thing.

Do you mean are we putting the players we drafted in the actual position they played, like if we drafted a right guard are we playing him at right guard? I think you and I talked about that before. That's what I tried to do. The only place I did not do that is with my 2 defensive ends, they both played RDE.

My offensive line however I actually drafted players who played right and left tackle and right and left guard. That will also be a determining factor for me when voting.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I think I will give the running back position only .5 points because it's much less valid today.

Yeah and I hate that, I love a good smash mouth game featuring running games and good defenses. Don't see many like that anymore.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way I am in no way affiliated with the state of Wyoming

Hey can ya get me some property cheap up there in Wyoming? Looking to build a cabin up there at some point...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and I hate that, I love a good smash mouth game featuring running games and good defenses. Don't see many like that anymore.

Rules just don't set up for it anymore. That's why I think teams will start going more Seattle style. Get longer corners to cover more ground. That Seattle defense was just wicked last season.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna run to the store (not literally) be back soon...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean are we putting the players we drafted in the actual position they played, like if we drafted a right guard are we playing him at right guard? I think you and I talked about that before. That's what I tried to do. The only place I did not do that is with my 2 defensive ends, they both played RDE.

My offensive line however I actually drafted players who played right and left tackle and right and left guard. That will also be a determining factor for me when voting.

Not too much on the OL because the positions are very similar and you can frequently move them easily.

I'm really referring to drafting a 4-3 DE and putting him at 3-4 DE because the positions and responsibilities are nothing alike. Vice versa as well.

Another place I see it is having a 4-3 OLB playing 3-4 OLB which is totally different set of skills...vice versa as well.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rules just don't set up for it anymore. That's why I think teams will start going more Seattle style. Get longer corners to cover more ground. That Seattle defense was just wicked last season.

Agreed, only problem is there aren't many big corners coming out this year. I looked and only like 2 of the top 15 are over 6 feet.

No question Seattle's D was crazy good last year, I only seen them play 4 or 5 times but damn.

I wonder how much Indy regrets trading for Richardson?

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm gonna make my pickhere before posting on the Pick thread .... no one else needs a CB so now's the time and it will allow for a Commish &/or league revue. I include a *note* and an optional pick.

CB - wr - pr'er ..... Nos I've found nothing saying he "started" but I do recall a Belicheck quote when asked why Troy started at CB.... "we're adding to his legacy"

In 2004 he appeared in 12 games as a CB .... his 3 INT's was tied for 2nd on the team.
A versatile and unselfish gamer contributing the little things on a team full of megastars

If this is not approved I select Merton "ChickenHawk" Hanks

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too much on the OL because the positions are very similar and you can frequently move them easily.

I'm really referring to drafting a 4-3 DE and putting him at 3-4 DE because the positions and responsibilities are nothing alike. Vice versa as well.

Another place I see it is having a 4-3 OLB playing 3-4 OLB which is totally different set of skills...vice versa as well.

Not sure it's actually easy for a RT to play LT. Typically the LT has to be quicker on his feet to defend the other teams best pass rusher, you don't have to worry about that as much for the RT. So I think it does matter some there.

Yeah that's why I tried to draft bigger 4 - 3 DE's... 3 - 4 DE's are not sexy picks in a draft like this.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 500 picks you do not have to wait until you are OTC. You can just announce your picks as none of us need the same positions after 500 makes his...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, only problem is there aren't many big corners coming out this year. I looked and only like 2 of the top 15 are over 6 feet.

No question Seattle's D was crazy good last year, I only seen them play 4 or 5 times but damn.

I wonder how much Indy regrets trading for Richardson?

The top rated collegiate corners never seem to be very tall. Sherman and Browner weren't highly thought of coming out. The two this year that stand out to me are Baptiste and McGill.

I saw them one to many times in that SB. I love Peyton but damn that defense was nasty.

I'd say Indy really regrets it. They claim to be fine with it but that's BS.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm gonna make my pickhere before posting on the Pick thread .... no one else needs a CB so now's the time and it will allow for a Commish &/or league revue. I include a *note* and an optional pick.

CB - wr - pr'er ..... Nos I've found nothing saying he "started" but I do recall a Belicheck quote when asked why Troy started at CB.... "we're adding to his legacy"

In 2004 he appeared in 12 games as a CB .... his 3 INT's was tied for 2nd on the team.
A versatile and unselfish gamer contributing the little things on a team full of megastars

If this is not approved I select Merton "ChickenHawk" Hanks

You can draft Fridge Perry and play him at Corner if you wanna it might hurt you in the judging though...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it's actually easy for a RT to play LT. Typically the LT has to be quicker on his feet to defend the other teams best pass rusher, you don't have to worry about that as much for the RT. So I think it does matter some there.

Yeah that's why I tried to draft bigger 4 - 3 DE's... 3 - 4 DE's are not sexy picks in a draft like this.

Swing tackles exist though and it can be learned. I'd say LTs are generally more skilled than RTs but that's my opinion.

The only sexy 3-4 DE is Watt. Like I said, I believe the season he had two years ago was the most impressive defensive season in history because of what he did from the 3-4 DE position...seriously, I'm not sure if I can think of a 3-4 DE that has 10 sacks in a season let alone 20.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top rated collegiate corners never seem to be very tall. Sherman and Browner weren't highly thought of coming out. The two this year that stand out to me are Baptiste and McGill.

I saw them one to many times in that SB. I love Peyton but damn that defense was nasty.

I'd say Indy really regrets it. They claim to be fine with it but that's BS.

I like Baptiste.

Yeah, I guess what are they supposed to say, we screwed up?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what positions does Johnny need? So we can find the best one for him. (Looks pretty good now that I move onto rd 2 of playoffs) :whistle: