• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla NFL Dynasty Draft

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was either Watt 4-3 DE or Peppers 3-4 OLB. I mean I don't see how Watt doesn't have the explosiveness to play 4-3 DE. Dude is a freak.

I agree that he's a freak and I was hoping Watt would be on my team so he could play 3-4 DE where he belongs (HAHAHA). I personally believe his defensive season two years ago was the best in history. But I also think it's hard to say he's going to play a position that he hasn't played in the NFL and assume he will succeed to the level he did for him to be on your team.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'3 under 290 yes but were there not DT's who weighed 300+ that he went against? Of course there was, he did pretty good 11 pro bowls and 7 1st team all pro's. Not bashing my pick? Then why say anything at all, you actually are bashing the pick because you are a know it all.

Physical freak? So was Brian Bosworth.

There were big guys but not like there are today on AVERAGE.

I wasn't going to bash your pick until you decided to justify it. I was just noting we were thinking alike and had different tastes. You are the one who brought up Derrick Thomas.

Bosworth wasn't a physical freak. He had a physique and personality.

Clowney has been talked about since HS, much like Lebron was. Clowney dominated the NFL combine and shocked everybody with his hip flexibility in his pro-day. This guy is as physically gifted as anybody to enter the NFL.

OH...you are the one making it personal as well. Define know it all. I am somebody that knows the facts and lists them...then makes an inference.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos did Johnny leave a list?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Rules changed for DBs. HUGE/TREMENDOUS change.

2) Players have gotten bigger, stronger, and faster.

Proof: Chart: The Average Weight Of NFL Rookies, By Position And Year

Since 1999 though the averages have stabilized.

Yes rule changes but receivers are still putting up the numbers they did in the 90's.

Bigger, stronger faster. So in the 90's the league was full of fat slow people but in the 00's they all got bigger and faster. It was like a metamorphosis. Bo Jackson, Darrell Green and others who played in the 80's and 90's were kinda fast. I think the game changed much more from the 80's to 90's than it did from the 90's to 00's.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem we just wait then. I'm going to bed soon.

Pack 500

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,380.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that he's a freak and I was hoping Watt would be on my team so he could play 3-4 DE where he belongs (HAHAHA). I personally believe his defensive season two years ago was the best in history. But I also think it's hard to say he's going to play a position that he hasn't played in the NFL and assume he will succeed to the level he did for him to be on your team.

Yeah I wasn't planning on it but I thought Peppers was too good to pass up. I can still run a 3-4 and put Peppers at 3-4 OLB. He has enough athleticism to play there

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were big guys but not like there are today on AVERAGE.

I wasn't going to bash your pick until you decided to justify it. I was just noting we were thinking alike and had different tastes. You are the one who brought up Derrick Thomas.

Bosworth wasn't a physical freak. He had a physique and personality.

Clowney has been talked about since HS, much like Lebron was. Clowney dominated the NFL combine and shocked everybody with his hip flexibility in his pro-day. This guy is as physically gifted as anybody to enter the NFL.

OH...you are the one making it personal as well. Define know it all. I am somebody that knows the facts and lists them...then makes an inference.

Derrick Thomas' dimensions still fit in the game today of bigger, stronger, faster. McDaniel's do not.

That's not bashing? Do you not think Randall McDaniel would be able to put on another 20 pounds if he really needed to during his career? It's not like he was 5'7 280. And me standing up for my pick means it's okay for you to then bash it when you are the one who said something to begin with?

Brian Bosworth was suppose to change the linebacker position, he fell on his face! You have players all the time that are "suppose to be" who turned out to be nothing. When Clowney proves something then i'm buying but until then he's just another hyped player who hasn't done anything.

Know it all : a person who acts as though he or she knows everything and who dismisses the opinions, comments, or suggestions of others. Kinda nailed that one...

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Derrick Thomas' dimensions still fit in the game today of bigger, stronger, faster. McDaniel's do not.

That's not bashing? Do you not think Randall McDaniel would be able to put on another 20 pounds if he really needed to during his career? It's not like he was 5'7 280. And me standing up for my pick means it's okay for you to then bash it when you are the one who said something to begin with?

Brian Bosworth was suppose to change the linebacker position, he fell on his face! You have players all the time that are "suppose to be" who turned out to be nothing. When Clowney proves something then i'm buying but until then he's just another hyped player who hasn't done anything.

Know it all : a person who acts as though he or she knows everything and who dismisses the opinions, comments, or suggestions of others. Kinda nailed that one...

Mad respect. I agree completely. People think I am crazy but I like Anthony Barr more than Clowney. I think he is going to be a solid NFL player for years. However, I think that there is not many sure things when it comes to NFL drafting.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes rule changes but receivers are still putting up the numbers they did in the 90's.

Bigger, stronger faster. So in the 90's the league was full of fat slow people but in the 00's they all got bigger and faster. It was like a metamorphosis. Bo Jackson, Darrell Green and others who played in the 80's and 90's were kinda fast. I think the game changed much more from the 80's to 90's than it did from the 90's to 00's.

Receivers are putting up bigger numbers. So next is bigger DBs.

Comparatively, yes the league was full of slower, smaller players than they are today.

You make it seem like Bo Jackson was the norm. He wasn't. Darrell Green was blazing fast but he wasn't big. Today you have guys like Calvin Johnson running sub 4.4. You have Clowney running 4.4 as a 260 pound LB. You have 320 pound OL running sub 5. Nutrition and weight training have evolved players of today...not to mention steroids and HGH (I know I can't prove that).

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Receivers are putting up bigger numbers. So next is bigger DBs.

Comparatively, yes the league was full of slower, smaller players than they are today.

You make it seem like Bo Jackson was the norm. He wasn't. Darrell Green was blazing fast but he wasn't big. Today you have guys like Calvin Johnson running sub 4.4. You have Clowney running 4.4 as a 260 pound LB. You have 320 pound OL running sub 5. Nutrition and weight training have evolved players of today...not to mention steroids and HGH (I know I can't prove that).

The top 5 corners coming out this year. Not one of them is taller than 6'0 and only Gilbert is listed above 200 pounds. I may be wrong but there were corners that size in the 90's.

I will not argue players today are a little bigger than they were in the 90's as a whole but you make it seem like nobody pre 2000 would have a chance in today's game which is crazy.

Do you not think players pre 2000 were on steroids?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean no offense by this gkekoa but i'm curious how old are you?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny left a list yesterday but every player on his list has been taken and he actually made his last pick so...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, I do not believe McDaniel could have put on another 20 pounds and have been as effective. What did I say to begin with? Show me because I can show you exactly where you decided to say something chippy.

I never said Clowney is going to change the position. I have stated he is a physical freak and has been since HS.

I don't dismiss you opinion or the suggestions of others. You are the one who dismisses everything. You make outlandish claims like defenses didn't fear Jerry Rice like they did Randy Moss. OK...they didn't fear the guy that had over 400 more receptions, nearly 7000 more yards, and 41 more TDs than any other WR in history. They must have been some dumb ass people then. I didn't dismiss your Munoz claim earlier because he was 6'6" and perhaps he could have put on more weight...why didn't they though?

With your OL comparisons, you assume people can do this or that...but they never have. It can't be proven. You say they went against 300 pounders...but those 300 pounders were not the average player...they were rare.

Or you compare Moss' average season to Rice's but don't consider the age that Rice started to go down on average or the two years he missed that harmed his average season.

Maybe we should look at best 3 consecutive year average:
Rice- 1616 yards, 111 catches, 14 TDs
Moss- 1404 yards, 100 catches, 11 TDs

Here's what happens if we stopped with their first 12 years:
Rice- 1365 yards, 87.5 catches, 13 TDs
Moss- 1205 yards, 77 catches, 12 TDs

Also consider Rice played in an era where DBs could hold, claw, clothesline, headhunt, and anything else to stop you. Moss was soft.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I do not believe McDaniel could have put on another 20 pounds and have been as effective. What did I say to begin with? Show me because I can show you exactly where you decided to say something chippy.

I never said Clowney is going to change the position. I have stated he is a physical freak and has been since HS.

I don't dismiss you opinion or the suggestions of others. You are the one who dismisses everything. You make outlandish claims like defenses didn't fear Jerry Rice like they did Randy Moss. OK...they didn't fear the guy that had over 400 more receptions, nearly 7000 more yards, and 41 more TDs than any other WR in history. They must have been some dumb ass people then. I didn't dismiss your Munoz claim earlier because he was 6'6" and perhaps he could have put on more weight...why didn't they though?

With your OL comparisons, you assume people can do this or that...but they never have. It can't be proven. You say they went against 300 pounders...but those 300 pounders were not the average player...they were rare.

Or you compare Moss' average season to Rice's but don't consider the age that Rice started to go down on average or the two years he missed that harmed his average season.

Maybe we should look at best 3 consecutive year average:
Rice- 1616 yards, 111 catches, 14 TDs
Moss- 1404 yards, 100 catches, 11 TDs

Here's what happens if we stopped with their first 12 years:
Rice- 1365 yards, 87.5 catches, 13 TDs
Moss- 1205 yards, 77 catches, 12 TDs

Also consider Rice played in an era where DBs could hold, claw, clothesline, headhunt, and anything else to stop you. Moss was soft.

Okay, i'm done...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The top 5 corners coming out this year. Not one of them is taller than 6'0 and only Gilbert is listed above 200 pounds. I may be wrong but there were corners that size in the 90's.

I will not argue players today are a little bigger than they were in the 90's as a whole but you make it seem like nobody pre 2000 would have a chance in today's game which is crazy.

Do you not think players pre 2000 were on steroids?

Top five coming out this season but look at the NFL. Do you not notice a trend of bigger DBs? I don't know of any corners in the 90s the size of Cromartie, Sherman, and Browner. Deion had the height of Talib but wasn't as thick.

I think every era since football's inception has seen better players through science and money. Did you look at the graph I showed you regarding size of players drafted? I thought the interesting thing is how it leveled since 1999 and even took a dip. I'd correlate that to speed of the game and the natural leveling between size and speed.

I think it's hard to say a guy that weighed 285 at G or T would be able to play in today's game because there isn't a single G or T in the game at that size. There is a reason not one is that size.

I think a guy like Derrick Thomas could still play in today's game because his dimensions still fit the position. I do not believe he would be as effective because he would be going against bigger and better athletes today than he did in 1990. 30 years in the world of science is an eternity.

I mean no offense by this gkekoa but i'm curious how old are you?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we will wait until morning for Johnny to pick...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wild Win!

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope everything goes well Johnny, prayers for your uncle. Hope to see ya in the morning.