• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla NFL Dynasty Draft

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to also look at the eras Rice and Moss played in. Rice played in an era where to win you ran the ball. The 49ers of the 80s were balanced 50/50 run to pass. Also Rice played with better better offensives talent which got the ball a lot. Craig, Taylor, Jones, Rathman etc. all played at high levels other than Carter Moss had no one to take catches away from him.

Moss also didn't run the whole route tree,and was a sub par/unwilling blocker in the run game. Moss had leaps and bounds more natural talent then Rice but in the NFL its 90% mental and Moss lacked in that aspect where Rice excelled.

Not true at all Marino threw for 5,084 yards in 1984 and it was a record that stood for 20 years. Teams were passing a lot back when Rice was playing.

Not entirely true either, Moss had Carter, Jake Reed and Robert Smith, most points in the history of the league at the time, not to shabby if you ask me. The big difference was who was getting Rice the ball which makes it even more remarkable that Moss has just as good numbers if not better. And even if the 49ers had more talent to get the ball too that only proves my point, he was triple teamed and still wasn't stopped.

Moss ran more of the routes as he got older but you are right Jerry was the master of route running, Moss blocked a little, he wasn't a great blocker but he wasn't bad either. The mental part you nailed right on the cranium, if Moss had Rice's brain he would have been the best all time without question.

Remember I didn't say Moss was better I just don't think it's a slam dunk Rice was. Look at their average season numbers.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice is #1 Receiving yards of all WR's

Rice is #1 in TD's for all WR's

This argument means nothing, Emmitt Smith has the most rushing yards and rushing TD's does that make him the best of all time? Not even close!

Pete Rose has the most hits, is he the best hitter of all time? Not even top 20.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This argument means nothing, Emmitt Smith has the most rushing yards and rushing TD's does that make him the best of all time? Not even close!

Pete Rose has the most hits, is he the best hitter of all time? Not even top 20.

Yes BOAT

I believe so but you believe differently so we will agree to say your wrong-I think that's how the saying goes.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mention who was throwing the ball. Moss had one trick...go deep.. He would do worse with Montana and Young because neither had the arm strength.
Calvin has more physical ability than both and he is much better at blocking than Moss and smarter.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mention who was throwing the ball. Moss had one trick...go deep.. He would do worse with Montana and Young because neither had the arm strength.
Calvin has more physical ability than both and he is much better at blocking than Moss and smarter.

Funny how we turned our attention away from Rice is without question the best to well Moss wouldn't do good with Young and Montana or Calvin is smarter. Moss was not just a one trick player and even if he was he was so damn good you couldn't stop him with 3 players.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes BOAT

I believe so but you believe differently so we will agree to say your wrong-I think that's how the saying goes.

Honestly it's not a matter of opinion, Emmitt Smith simply is not the best running back of all time.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait to draft tomorrow.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we could sit down and do it lol all in one sitting

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for leaving a list Johnny, really appreciate that.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how we turned our attention away from Rice is without question the best to well Moss wouldn't do good with Young and Montana or Calvin is smarter. Moss was not just a one trick player and even if he was he was so damn good you couldn't stop him with 3 players.

I turned to Moss because you mentioned QBs. Moss would be much less effective with weaker armed QBs.

Moss did nothing after the catch. And Moss never had three guys dedicated to him.

We mentioned smarts so I figured I would get the best WE for a single season in NFL history involved because he is on my team and he has the best QBS in history throwing to him.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not continue drafting in order? It seems we could go a lot faster with this small active group.

Also way early best team I would say Pack500 so far. FS Lott and RB Sanders are two awesome picks.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned to Moss because you mentioned QBs. Moss would be much less effective with weaker armed QBs.

Moss did nothing after the catch. And Moss never had three guys dedicated to him.

We mentioned smarts so I figured I would get the best WE for a single season in NFL history involved because he is on my team and he has the best QBS in history throwing to him.

Obviously you never watched Randy Moss play so we will leave it at that.

Calvin Johnson is my 2nd favorite player in the game right now, you don't have to convince me of his greatness.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that too but remember we are drafting teams. everything matters

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not continue drafting in order? It seems we could go a lot faster with this small active group.

Also way early best team I would say Pack500 so far. FS Lott and RB Sanders are two awesome picks.

I think we all have 2 great picks so far, aside from Johnny. :whistle:

But if I had to chose an early leader after two picks I was thinking maybe melmaan.