• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SportsHoopla Mock Draft: The Pick

1st round CB

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I assumed this poll was about who would be realistically available at pick 30. Hence my choice being Fuller.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Can you talk to whomever drafted Gilbert if they would still be interested in trading your picks for him?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assumed this poll was about who would be realistically available at pick 30. Hence my choice being Fuller.

Not really the polls are to set the big board for a position. And if I can move up reasonably to get that player I will. They're no wrong answers just perceptions.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda makes me wonder if Baalke would make that move if it was presented. I know I'd feel a whole lot better about our corners with Gilbert on board.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not really the polls are to set the big board for a position. And if I can move up reasonably to get that player I will. They're no wrong answers just perceptions.

Gilbert was my actual 1st choice for what it's worth. It's definitely your prerogative to determine whether or not it's worth trading up. I guess I was speaking from my personal experience as the Colts GM during the previous mock draft. I had barely any picks to work with and their forum is absolutely dead. It won't be much different during this second go-around. It's still a fun exercise nonetheless.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert was my actual 1st choice for what it's worth. It's definitely your prerogative to determine whether or not it's worth trading up. I guess I was speaking from my personal experience as the Colts GM during the previous mock draft. I had barely any picks to work with and their forum is absolutely dead. It won't be much different during this second go-around. It's still a fun exercise nonetheless.

Yea I know I should have pulled the trigger in retrospect. But at the time I saw it as no 4th, 5th, or 6th round pick. But I forgot we have 3 3rds. Oh well I think I am gonna go BPA at 30 and trade my 3rds into the 2nd and see how that goes.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
E=supreme_clientele81;4733533]Once the pick is in it can't be changed[/QUOTE]

Oh I am not saying change the pick, but rather trade with the team that selected Gilbert.

Oh.. I can see how that would be confusing if everyone started trading around.

I honestly think the 12th-15th spots are a good projected landing spot for Gilbert

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I made a trade up to get Calvin Pryor. I used 30, 77, 129 for 19, 190. The reason for the pick is a lot of 2nd tier WRs & CBs are going to fall into the 2nd. Pryor is my 1st rated safety. Betha's contract is set up to at best be on the team in 2 years.

This gives us 2 dynamic safeties going forward with both of them having range and striking ability. Also with my 2 2nds and 2 3rds I will work the board for a CB and WR in the 2nd.

I like the pick what about you guys?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk supreme... I understand the logic but we just signed athe other starting safety(which I think is crap tbh but another story)...

Now you shelled out picks for a guy that won't see the field unless they cut bethea...

I'm not happy with that selection to be fair, holes at cb n we or even DL n we moved up for a backup safety(backup only due to bethea signing)

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You made a move for the future down the road but we in win now-ish n you stacking at an unnecessary position this early IMO...

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pick only is good if you think the miners are going to use 3 safeties on nickel like Seattle does.

Otherwise I'd look at one who is a project who will be ready in a few years. Like they did with Goldson.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk supreme... I understand the logic but we just signed athe other starting safety(which I think is crap tbh but another story)...

Now you shelled out picks for a guy that won't see the field unless they cut bethea...

I'm not happy with that selection to be fair, holes at cb n we or even DL n we moved up for a backup safety(backup only due to bethea signing)

You made a move for the future down the road but we in win now-ish n you stacking at an unnecessary position this early IMO...

I respect what you are saying and it is defiantly a luxury pick but I feel Pryor is a far superior than Betha. With the contract he signed he is a 2 year (at best) stop gap.

We need a replacement for him and my rational is Pryor is better than any safety I would get in the 2nd or 3rd. But the CB I would get at 30 has about the same value that I would get at 56. I do have some reservations about trading a 3rd but I believe I can work the draft enough to make the move work for us.

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pick only is good if you think the miners are going to use 3 safeties on nickel like Seattle does.

Otherwise I'd look at one who is a project who will be ready in a few years. Like they did with Goldson.

I did think that but all the 2nd tier CBs and WRs are so closely bunched I figured I would make a splash.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit of a head scratcher there to pick a FS over Fuller or Cooks if trading up to pick. Culliver is likely gone and made the CB pick a top priority IMO, but I would have understood a trade up for Cooks at WR in place of a CB. I guess we wait and see who falls in the WR and CB position that is worthy.Just a mock so no big deal here.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
rabble rabble rabble!!!

I think you definitely made a splash pick there. I most likely would not have gone that direction. However I can't fault your thought process. I guess some(myself included) hope to have higher expectations of Bethea in the next several years.

I agree I would have moved up for Cooks or Fuller before Pryor.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was very surprised by the pick. I don't hate it, though. Obviously WR and CB are the primary concerns, but we do need to address the second safety spot at some point, and this doesn't seem to be a great safety class in terms of depth. I'm fine with moving up to take a player who is not a WR or CB if the value is there. I guess the biggest question I have with the pick is the value. It's solid, but I don't think it's great. That's right about where Pryor should get picked. And if we're moving up for a guy at a position other than CB or WR, I think it should be very good value. Having said that, I'm not sure who that player is.

Honestly, it's really hard for me right now to distinguish between the guys in the 10-30 range. In this draft, I probably would have traded up for Gilbert (not criticizing, and I know you said that in hindsight you wished you had). Having missed him, I probably would have sat tight until the late-20s and moved up a bit for whichever of the CBs we like the most.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So I made a trade up to get Calvin Pryor. I used 30, 77, 129 for 19, 190. The reason for the pick is a lot of 2nd tier WRs & CBs are going to fall into the 2nd. Pryor is my 1st rated safety. Betha's contract is set up to at best be on the team in 2 years.

This gives us 2 dynamic safeties going forward with both of them having range and striking ability. Also with my 2 2nds and 2 3rds I will work the board for a CB and WR in the 2nd.

I like the pick what about you guys?

Well I think it's a great pick. Keep going by my sig and you'll come out on top :-)

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate it but I think it is unnecessary given obvious needs at CB, WR, and with the signing of Bethea. We didn't just pay Bethea 5 mil per to then trade up to grab a S in the 1st. With Cooks still on the board, who is a DYNAMIC player, and second tier CBs probably looking to drop into the 2nd round, I don't think the value was there to draft Pryor. Like it has been said already, I would target a project S that can be a gunner and learn the nuances of the position in the mid rounds over trading up to grab the 1st rated safety in this draft after spending for a starter in FA. It's just not smart use of resources IMO.

But hey, what the fuck do I know?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rabble rabble rabble!!!

I think you definitely made a splash pick there. I most likely would not have gone that direction. However I can't fault your thought process. I guess some(myself included) hope to have higher expectations of Bethea in the next several years.

I agree I would have moved up for Cooks or Fuller before Pryor.

I may be in the minority but I think that Bethea is the type of player that could thrive in our defense because of our pass rush.