• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sportshoopla 2020 Seattle Seahawks Draft Prediction Contest

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predict who the Seahawks are going to draft ha good luck. I don't think anyone in the world predicted they would have drafted LJ Collier in the 1st round

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict Seattle trades down out of the 1st round ... I'm going out on a limb here! hmmmmm I'll go over my picks and throw something out there... It's tough with Pete and John, expect the unexpected...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1:27(Traded down) No Pick
2:59 - DL, Marlon Davidson (Auburn)
2:64: C, Lloyd Cushenberry III (LSU)
2nd Round (Acquired in trade): LB, Akeem Davis-Gaither (App St)
3 Round (acquired in trade) DE, Terrell Lewis (Alabama)
3:101*: WR, Michael Pittman Jr (USC)
4:133: RB, Ke'Shawn Vaughn (Vanderbilt)
4:144* (Traded down) No Pick
4th Round (Acquired Pick) CB, Bryce Hall (Virginia)
6th Round (Acquired Pick): S, Rodney Clemons (SMU)
6:214* QB, Khalil Tate (Arizona)

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about gaming the system and predicting we trade down from 1.27 in exchange for like 300 picks and then just list out every prospect, but that sounds like a lot of work. I'll just let it roll as is:

1 (27) DE/EDGE Yetur Gross-Matos, PSU. Don't know zip about him (assuming preferred gender pronoun for now) but you cannot have too many edge rushers, and obviously this was our main weakness last year. This would be a pick I want them to make, so they'll probably go QB or Punter.

2 (59) WR Michael Pittman Jr., USC. Not a pick I want them to make because I think we need OL much more, but this front office has taken at least 1 RB or WR in the first 2 rounds in 6 of the last 7 drafts.

2 (64) C/OL Tyler Badass, Wisconsin. I know his last name is really Biadasz, but I couldn't resist. If we end up cutting Britt then this makes tons of sense unless Pocic is earmarked as the successor at C. Even if we don't cut Britt and decide to extend him instead, this also makes sense because we like to make early picks on positions of lesser need.

3 (101)* DT Raekwon Davis, Alabama. Billed as a great run stuffer and looks like he played 3-tech. Al Woods and Quinton Jefferson both bolted in free agency, so we need to replace some talent on the DL. Drafting defensive players from the SEC always seems like a good idea.

4 (133) RB Joshua Kelley, UCLA. 4.49 speed at 5'11"/212, good after contact. This is about the earliest I want to see us use a pick on a RB for reasons I've already mentioned in other discussions, but I also appreciate the clear difference between prediction and my personal preference.

4 (144)* QB Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma. Almost typed Alabama. This pick makes a lot of sense for 2 main reasons: 1) with Russell just 31, durable as any player ever, and under contract for 4 more seasons this pick doesn't make sense (yes, it makes sense because it doesn't make sense) and 2) Hurts is a good enough athlete and leader that I think he could keep the ship afloat if Russell were to go down. Bonus reason: he is a more raw passer than most top QB prospects in this class, but he could be groomed a couple years and have some good trade value while being a solid backup along the way (and cheap).

6 (214)* CB Reggie Robinson II, Tulsa. 6'1"/205 with 4.44 speed but only ranked as the 28th best CB by CBS Sports. Just couldn't make the whole slate of picks without a DB

I am wondering how much trading down we will be doing in this draft. With likely no off-season program and an abbreviated (if any) pre-season, there won't be as much time to train up the young pups. A pass rusher would be easier to plug in than a WR, but this may not be the best year to have 10 rookies make the team.

Anyway.... GO HAWKS!!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say

RD 1 trade back, first pick RB, telling everyone maybe they are more scared about the injuries than they have let on.

And with the trade capital received from moving back in the 1st round, they announce trade for Ngakoue

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about gaming the system and predicting we trade down from 1.27 in exchange for like 300 picks and then just list out every prospect, but that sounds like a lot of work. I'll just let it roll as is:

1 (27) DE/EDGE Yetur Gross-Matos, PSU. Don't know zip about him (assuming preferred gender pronoun for now) but you cannot have too many edge rushers, and obviously this was our main weakness last year. This would be a pick I want them to make, so they'll probably go QB or Punter.

2 (59) WR Michael Pittman Jr., USC. Not a pick I want them to make because I think we need OL much more, but this front office has taken at least 1 RB or WR in the first 2 rounds in 6 of the last 7 drafts.

2 (64) C/OL Tyler Badass, Wisconsin. I know his last name is really Biadasz, but I couldn't resist. If we end up cutting Britt then this makes tons of sense unless Pocic is earmarked as the successor at C. Even if we don't cut Britt and decide to extend him instead, this also makes sense because we like to make early picks on positions of lesser need.

3 (101)* DT Raekwon Davis, Alabama. Billed as a great run stuffer and looks like he played 3-tech. Al Woods and Quinton Jefferson both bolted in free agency, so we need to replace some talent on the DL. Drafting defensive players from the SEC always seems like a good idea.

4 (133) RB Joshua Kelley, UCLA. 4.49 speed at 5'11"/212, good after contact. This is about the earliest I want to see us use a pick on a RB for reasons I've already mentioned in other discussions, but I also appreciate the clear difference between prediction and my personal preference.

4 (144)* QB Jalen Hurts, Oklahoma. Almost typed Alabama. This pick makes a lot of sense for 2 main reasons: 1) with Russell just 31, durable as any player ever, and under contract for 4 more seasons this pick doesn't make sense (yes, it makes sense because it doesn't make sense) and 2) Hurts is a good enough athlete and leader that I think he could keep the ship afloat if Russell were to go down. Bonus reason: he is a more raw passer than most top QB prospects in this class, but he could be groomed a couple years and have some good trade value while being a solid backup along the way (and cheap).

6 (214)* CB Reggie Robinson II, Tulsa. 6'1"/205 with 4.44 speed but only ranked as the 28th best CB by CBS Sports. Just couldn't make the whole slate of picks without a DB

I am wondering how much trading down we will be doing in this draft. With likely no off-season program and an abbreviated (if any) pre-season, there won't be as much time to train up the young pups. A pass rusher would be easier to plug in than a WR, but this may not be the best year to have 10 rookies make the team.

Anyway.... GO HAWKS!!

Agreed...must get some heat coming from edge!

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say

RD 1 trade back, first pick RB, telling everyone maybe they are more scared about the injuries than they have let on.

And with the trade capital received from moving back in the 1st round, they announce trade for Ngakoue

Jesus I hope you are wrong!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more days till we have some LIVE FREAKIN SPORTS... I'm so excited for the draft... With that said, we have 2 more days to submit your draft predictions... Needs to be in by 3pm PST on Thursday...

@boogiewithstu2007; @Judge Fudge; @JMR; @flyerhawk; @seahawksfan234; @Seahawks_3; @Sharkonabicycle; @Screamin12th; @jerseyhawksfan79; @dkmightyhammer; @Cave_Johnson; @MrSnuggles2k2; @seattlefan75; @SeattleCoug; @HaroldSeattle; @Tapey; @blstoker; @Podunkparte; @snoopgoofdog; @Uhsplit; @wazzu31;

Thanks for the heads up. I'll get my picks in a few seconds...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to preface this by saying that I don't think that the Seahawks will draft 3 HBs, I just believe that they will select one of the three that I have listed. These "predictions" are mostly just players I think the Seahawks would be interested in and an attempt at getting the most points lol.

I'm almost reluctant to post this because my guesses as to what the Seahawks will do in the draft are somehow always wrong. I'm sure that once the draft is over, I'll cringe that I even posted this.

1:27: A.J. Epenesa, EDGE: I was between A.J. or Yetur Gross-Matos but I think that Yetur could be off the board and the Seahawks could see Epenesa's size and see him as a guy like Michael Bennett who can slide inside on passing downs. For what it's worth I haven't picked a Seahawks first round pick correctly since they took Russell Okung and I don't want to complicate things with trade predictions.

2:59: Jonathan Taylor, HB: Penny and Carson are both coming off of injuries, Carson is a free agent after 2020, and I seem to be the only person alive who still thinks Rashaad Penny is capable of being a really good starter.

2:64: Michael Pittman Jr., WR: This is mostly a gut pick. There are so many incredible WRs in the first two rounds that I'm hoping the Seahawks select one. Pittman has all the things Carroll likes from his WRs.

3:101*: Zack Moss, HB: Another HB just because I think they're going to take at least one running back and Moss fits what the Seahawks like.

4:133: Jalen Hurts, QB: We currently don't have a backup QB and the Seahawks could probably get really creative in using him.

4:144*: A.J. Dillon, HB: My third and final HB. Moss, Taylor and Dillon seem like the type of backs that the Seahawks like and if they draft a HB I could see them taking one of those three.

6:214*: Trey Adams, T: They could probably land him as a UDFA, but I wasn't really sure of who else to put here.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anyway.... GO HAWKS!!

Just read this and I'm almost tempted to just take your predictions and claim them as my own.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read this and I'm almost tempted to just take your predictions and claim them as my own.
That's fine, but you have to come up with your own subtle comedy in the analysis.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to preface this by saying that I don't think that the Seahawks will draft 3 HBs, I just believe that they will select one of the three that I have listed. These "predictions" are mostly just players I think the Seahawks would be interested in and an attempt at getting the most points lol.

I'm almost reluctant to post this because my guesses as to what the Seahawks will do in the draft are somehow always wrong. I'm sure that once the draft is over, I'll cringe that I even posted this.

1:27: A.J. Epenesa, EDGE: I was between A.J. or Yetur Gross-Matos but I think that Yetur could be off the board and the Seahawks could see Epenesa's size and see him as a guy like Michael Bennett who can slide inside on passing downs. For what it's worth I haven't picked a Seahawks first round pick correctly since they took Russell Okung and I don't want to complicate things with trade predictions.

2:59: Jonathan Taylor, HB: Penny and Carson are both coming off of injuries, Carson is a free agent after 2020, and I seem to be the only person alive who still thinks Rashaad Penny is capable of being a really good starter.

2:64: Michael Pittman Jr., WR: This is mostly a gut pick. There are so many incredible WRs in the first two rounds that I'm hoping the Seahawks select one. Pittman has all the things Carroll likes from his WRs.

3:101*: Zack Moss, HB: Another HB just because I think they're going to take at least one running back and Moss fits what the Seahawks like.

4:133: Jalen Hurts, QB: We currently don't have a backup QB and the Seahawks could probably get really creative in using him.

4:144*: A.J. Dillon, HB: My third and final HB. Moss, Taylor and Dillon seem like the type of backs that the Seahawks like and if they draft a HB I could see them taking one of those three.

6:214*: Trey Adams, T: They could probably land him as a UDFA, but I wasn't really sure of who else to put here.

I would love for Jalen Hurts to get picked by the Seahawks because he is a better Seneca Wallace but no way is he going to last until the 4th round. I’ll root for the Huskies in the Apple Cup if he lasts until the 4th round. If Love is considered a 1st round pick, Hurts is a 2nd rounder.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for Jalen Hurts to get picked by the Seahawks because he is a better Seneca Wallace but no way is he going to last until the 4th round. I’ll root for the Huskies in the Apple Cup if he lasts until the 4th round. If Love is considered a 1st round pick, Hurts is a 2nd rounder.

Not sure if Hurts will last that long. With those picks I mostly just picked a bunch of guys the Seahawks will consider drafting. Tbh I wouldn't even bother using a pick on a QB because unless you strike gold, the Seahawks are fucked if Russ goes down.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if Hurts will last that long. With those picks I mostly just picked a bunch of guys the Seahawks will consider drafting. Tbh I wouldn't even bother using a pick on a QB because unless you strike gold, the Seahawks are fucked if Russ goes down.

I’m 100% cool if they take Hurts in the 2nd round. Dude can be a decent backup IMO, but he is athletic enough to be a more athletic Kordell Stewart or Seneca Wallace and seems to be a team first guy where he would be a slash type player.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m 100% cool if they take Hurts in the 2nd round. Dude can be a decent backup IMO, but he is athletic enough to be a more athletic Kordell Stewart or Seneca Wallace and seems to be a team first guy where he would be a slash type player.

I really hope that the Seahawks don't draft a QB in the first 3 rounds. Given the offensive line that Russell Wilson has played behind his entire career, I really do believe Russell Wilson is a top-3 QB in the NFL. You can't replace that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope that the Seahawks don't draft a QB in the first 3 rounds. Given the offensive line that Russell Wilson has played behind his entire career, I really do believe Russell Wilson is a top-3 QB in the NFL. You can't replace that.

IMO it’s not a replacement. It’s a backup QB, but also a guy who you can package in as a RB or slot WR. IMO with the injury issues of Carson and Penny, Hurts is the perfect type of guy who be an improvisational type player to play with Wilson with how he improvises 70% of time.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it’s not a replacement. It’s a backup QB, but also a guy who you can package in as a RB or slot WR. IMO with the injury issues of Carson and Penny, Hurts is the perfect type of guy who be an improvisational type player to play with Wilson with how he improvises 70% of time.

I'd only be okay with taking him in the second round if they somehow incorporated him into the offense like you mentioned. With the offense we've been running, I do worry that they wouldn't have that type of creativity.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trade for Nick Foles