• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spider-Man 2: Far From Home (2019)

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all knew that.

Of course we all knew that but for them to come out and admit it is a shitty thing to do. Imagine, you're waiting in line to see Endgame and someone comes out from seeing it the show before you and they say "I'm so glad everyone is back to being alive now". While yes you probably knew that was going to happen you still think that guy is a fucking asshole for spoiling it for you.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Analysis time:

0:07 From the end of Homecoming, May knows Peter is Spider-Man, and she seems now to be fine with it.

0:12 Synchrony Financial product placement

0:15 Happy x May

0:27 Suitcase has initials "BFP," for Uncle Ben Franklin Parker.

0:28 Cat appearance #1/3: This is the bodega/deli owner and store cat whom Peter saved from an explosion in Homecoming, with newspaper headlines detailing the event in the background. This will be the first of three times a cat is shown in the trailer.

0:31 In the foreground is the roof of Grand Central Station, which has been shown in previous Avengers movies to stand in front of Avengers Tower in the MCU. That means the skyscraper in the background is the former Avengers Tower, which was sold in Homecoming to an unrevealed buyer, who is making major renovations to the building in this trailer. Who is the buyer? One possibility is the Fantastic Four, but my guess is Oscorp Industries, under Norman Osborn, the Green Goblin, particularly as there are green coverings on the building.

0:37 Real-world passports would have the year printed on the dates.

0:39 In the US trailer, Peter decides not to pack his Spider-suit. In the opening of the international trailer, it is shown that May packed it for him anyway, explaining how he ends up with the suit in Europe despite not packing it in the US trailer.

0:40 Peter continues his tradition of wearing geeky/nerdy shirts. He was also wearing a math shirt when he was first introduced in Captain America 3: Civil War.

0:41 Peter is a fan of Mike Piazza of the New York Mets.

0:45 Clearer shot of the aforementioned "BFP" initials from 0:27.

0:49 The big Easter egg here is the "Asm 212" on the boat in the back: Amazing Spider-Man #212 (January 1981) is the first appearance of Hydro-Man.

1:01 Notice that Peter always refers to Michelle Jones as "MJ" now. (*Cough* Mary Jane Watson *cough*)

1:02 Cat appearance #2/3: Betty is leery of the cat on the dining table. :laugh:

1:06 This scene is slightly different in the international trailer: Ned says a longer line in the US version before being cut off by Nick Fury's tranquilizer dart.

1:07 The notes of Ramones "I Wanna Be Sedated" ends, appropriately, to Ned being sedated.

1:38 The woman we see from the back, at left, is Maria Hill. She and Nick Fury are firing at Sandman.
(not the real Sandman, but a special-effects illusion created by Mysterio)

1:40 Catacombs of London

1:42 Tower Bridge in London

1:48 Molten Man
(not the real Molten Man, but a special-effects illusion created by Mysterio)

1:53 first appearance of black stealth suit

1:56 Hydro-Man
(not the real Hydro-Man, but a special-effects illusion created by Mysterio)

1:59 Spider-Man theme kicks in

2:03 Mysterio's costume suggests he may be using Chitauri tech, continuing the theme from Homecoming of bad guys using Chitauri tech

2:08 Mysterio's iconic fishbowl helmet makes its first appearance!

2:12 Though the student played by Remy Hii comments later in the trailer that Mysterio is "like Iron Man and Thor rolled into one," here we see Mysterio mimicking Dr. Strange's magic symbology.

2:14 I like how the graphic of traveling around the globe transitions to the Spider-symbol.

2:23 Cat appearance #3/3: the cat previously on the dining table is now on the counter in the background.

2:32 In the US trailer, Flash says "dickwad." In the international trailer, Flash says "loser."

Additional notes on the international trailer not already covered above:

0:17 clearer indication of Ned x Betty than anything in the US trailer: they were married in the comics

0:19 How much did United Airlines pay for this front-and-center product placement!?!

0:24 Big Ben (...Parker, a light visual reference) in London

Last edited:

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew Spiderman wasn't going to stay dead but I get why some people didn't like Infinity War with shit like this. He's supposed to be ash right now and yet here's Marvel promoting his next movie, pretty fucking stupid if you ask me. They basically just spoiled the result of Endgame because we know the people who turned to dust aren't really dead and they will come back.

Of course we all knew that but for them to come out and admit it is a shitty thing to do. Imagine, you're waiting in line to see Endgame and someone comes out from seeing it the show before you and they say "I'm so glad everyone is back to being alive now". While yes you probably knew that was going to happen you still think that guy is a fucking asshole for spoiling it for you.

This is actually why Marvel/Disney wanted Far From Home to be pushed back to 2020: so that marketing for Far From Home wouldn't spoil anything in Endgame.

Unfortunately, Sony wouldn't agree and insisted that Far From Home be scheduled for 2019.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they hadn’t promoted this movie do you honestly think Disney and Sony would kill off their most bankable superhero? Now who’s being naive Kay?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they hadn’t promoted this movie do you honestly think Disney and Sony would kill off their most bankable superhero? Now who’s being naive Kay?

That’s not the point, it’s just like I said in my post. While we all knew what was gonna happen for them to spoil it is a shitty thing to do.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s not the point, it’s just like I said in my post. While we all knew what was gonna happen for them to spoil it is a shitty thing to do.
Is it really spoiling it then though?

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it really spoiling it then though?

Yes because we have physical confirmation. It’s one thing where you just speculate what’s gonna happen even though you probably know it’s another for someone to come out and say yes this happens.

If someone says “hey Jon Snow and Denarius Targaryen legit die in the last episode of Game of Thrones(I’m using this as an example I don’t know for sure) you’d be pretty pissed at that person because while you may of assumed it was true if someone flat out tells you you’re gonna call them out for spoilers.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because we have physical confirmation. It’s one thing where you just speculate what’s gonna happen even though you probably know it’s another for someone to come out and say yes this happens.

If someone says “hey Jon Snow and Denarius Targaryen legit die in the last episode of Game of Thrones(I’m using this as an example I don’t know for sure) you’d be pretty pissed at that person because while you may of assumed it was true if someone flat out tells you you’re gonna call them out for spoilers.
Eh I think the GOT analogy is overstating your case.

I had my doubts about the marvel characters as it was happening.

There are some deaths I still question whether they are for real I won’t spoil it here, but you can probably guess who they are, but I’m more interested in HOW they get back, not whether they do.

I see the gripe about removing all doubt but under the circumstances I can’t get that worked up about it because it’s probably the worst kept secret of all

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you'd rather just stick your head in the sand and think everyone is dead?

that's silly.

would you rather they just not release trailers for a movie coming out in July?

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you'd rather just stick your head in the sand and think everyone is dead?

that's silly.

would you rather they just not release trailers for a movie coming out in July?
Look, we all knew that Spiderman was going to be coming back but still to actually show that the events that take place after the biggest Marvel movie to date, is narratively a stupid thing to do.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0:49 The big Easter egg here is the "Asm 212" on the boat in the back: Amazing Spider-Man #212 (January 1981) is the first appearance of Hydro-Man.

Sigh, I caught the Hydro-Man boat Easter egg but missed the Sandman and Molten Man license plate Easter eggs:

v20fn053rsa21.jpg

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mysterio wants to be a hero, right? He creates these manifestations and then comes in and saves the town, from what I remember.

Is that wrong?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all knew Spiderman wasn't going to stay dead but I get why some people didn't like Infinity War with shit like this. He's supposed to be ash right now and yet here's Marvel promoting his next movie, pretty fucking stupid if you ask me. They basically just spoiled the result of Endgame because we know the people who turned to dust aren't really dead and they will come back.

I thought the exact same thing

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mysterio wants to be a hero, right? He creates these manifestations and then comes in and saves the town, from what I remember.

Is that wrong?

I think he’s doing it to be a faux hero when he’s actually the villain all along.

I hope they do something different because it’s pretty cliché an obvious but if they do it right I won’t hate it.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is that wrong?

Yep. I mentioned they were illusions in the trailer analysis post.

That Mysterio is manifesting the supervillains as illusions is something of an open secret (not directly indicated in the trailers themselves, but known to anyone familiar with the character from the comics), but erring on the side of caution, I put it in spoiler tags -- which I guess doesn't matter anymore since people are just posting openly about it. :noidea:

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I mentioned this in the trailer analysis post.

That Mysterio is manifesting the supervillains as illusions is something of an open secret (not directly indicated in the trailers themselves, but known to anyone familiar with the character from the comics), but erring on the side of caution, I put it in spoiler tags -- which I guess doesn't matter anymore since people are just posting openly about it. :noidea:
I didn't read that. Way too many potential spoilers in that post.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About god damn time they did Mysterio.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I mentioned they were illusions in the trailer analysis post.

Nice spoiler, jagbag.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice spoiler, jagbag.

??

I specifically took care to use spoiler tags and wasn't the one who started posting without spoiler tags.

Last edited: