• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Spencer signs with Saints

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how much he is injured, I thought the eagles would have given him a contract.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With how much he is injured, I thought the eagles would have given him a contract.

same here. when i heard he went there for talks i figured he was sure to sign with them

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why all the hate for Spencer. The guy was a solid player for a number of years starting for Dallas. He kept his mouth shut and stayed out of trouble, and by most accounts was a respected locker room leader. He even made a Pro Bowl - and was deserving. I have seen some on the board call this guy a bust, and that is completely wrong. Was he Demarcus Ware? No. But he was a solid contributor for a number of years. I don't know what more you guys want from a second half of the first round draft pick?

The last few years have been tough for Spencer, sure, but the guy did suffer a catastrophic injury. Most NFL players don't come back from micro-fracture surgery. Perhaps some of you had too high of expectations?

I would have liked to see Spencer stay in Dallas, he started to come on strong at the end of last year and was creating a lot of pressure. Personally, I felt he owed it to Dallas to come back on the cheap on a "make good deal". Dallas took care of this guy giving him the franchise tender when they knew his knee was toast.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why all the hate for Spencer. The guy was a solid player for a number of years starting for Dallas. He kept his mouth shut and stayed out of trouble, and by most accounts was a respected locker room leader. He even made a Pro Bowl - and was deserving. I have seen some on the board call this guy a bust, and that is completely wrong. Was he Demarcus Ware? No. But he was a solid contributor for a number of years. I don't know what more you guys want from a second half of the first round draft pick?

The last few years have been tough for Spencer, sure, but the guy did suffer a catastrophic injury. Most NFL players don't come back from micro-fracture surgery. Perhaps some of you had too high of expectations?

I would have liked to see Spencer stay in Dallas, he started to come on strong at the end of last year and was creating a lot of pressure. Personally, I felt he owed it to Dallas to come back on the cheap on a "make good deal". Dallas took care of this guy giving him the franchise tender when they knew his knee was toast.

Because that's how fans today react to players no longer on the team. It's their way of justifying everything. I agree with almost everything you posted except having him back. Can he still play sure but he has been replaced with Henry and even though weay still need another DE we don't have the space to pay him.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no hate here....spencer played for the cash and was just a guy for the most part.
One good season in a contract year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one thing that stays in fans minds with Spencer was when he admitted to basically not trying for half a season. Another thing is the huge amount of money we gave him when he was injured and got nothing for. But, yes he had a couple good years here. More timely was the fact that he was actually really good at the end of last year. If that was him getting healthy he could be a player again. But, we have Hardy, Lawrence and Mincey plus a couple young guys for depth. There was really no room for Spencer or Selvie at this point.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think one thing that stays in fans minds with Spencer was when he admitted to basically not trying for half a season. Another thing is the huge amount of money we gave him when he was injured and got nothing for. But, yes he had a couple good years here. More timely was the fact that he was actually really good at the end of last year. If that was him getting healthy he could be a player again. But, we have Hardy, Lawrence and Mincey plus a couple young guys for depth. There was really no room for Spencer or Selvie at this point.

Blame the team for that contract. Not many players would have said no I don't deserve it.
I give players a lot of leeway on contracts because most all of us would be the same way.

Now Rat was another story. Jerry backed him way above what was necessary and that shithole pissed in the drilling water. No love for him from me.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no hate here....spencer played for the cash and was just a guy for the most part.
One good season in a contract year.

I think he was more than just a guy pre-injury. He wasn't elite, no. Spencer was an above average contributor , who played the run very well, and had one very good year resulting in a pro-bowl. Good enough for me for the #26 pick. Definitely can't fault any NFL player who "played for the cash".

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it was a bad idea to franchise this quitter. Same guy that mailed it in during the 2008 and a guy that would sit on the sideline and laugh when the cowboys were getting their asses kicked. 33 career sacks and was franchised twice by jerrah

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate him but you cannot deny he was an underachiever. He was a first round pick and showed flashes of brilliance to let us know that he had the talent, he could be a game changer, he just never seemed to put it together. I could be wrong but I think a lot of that may be the effort, it just wasn't there. He was hurt a lot, he cost a lot, he was an ok player but him moving on won't cause me to lose sleep.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a #26 pick in the draft Spencer was a bust. He had one significant year, a couple of above average years, and besides that he was, at best, decent.

I don't hate the guy, but I sure don't have any sorrow over him going else where.

Now, if he suddenly plays superbly for the Saints, I will be angry. I don't blame a guy for going with the money, but the love of the game should show up no matter how much money he's making. When the love of the game is not there, he isn't worth a dime.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a #26 pick in the draft Spencer was a bust. He had one significant year, a couple of above average years, and besides that he was, at best, decent.

I don't hate the guy, but I sure don't have any sorrow over him going else where.

Now, if he suddenly plays superbly for the Saints, I will be angry. I don't blame a guy for going with the money, but the love of the game should show up no matter how much money he's making. When the love of the game is not there, he isn't worth a dime.
I think he could play well in NO, mostly because he is a better for in Ryan's scheme than Rod's. He was always a stout run defender as an OLB