• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Speight done for year

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy it. His accuracy looked like shit in half the games.

Beginning of the year. I agree. He got better and better as the year went on. That is why he was a semi-finalist for the Davey O'Bryan (sp.)

I know you don't like him, but he was a huge reason why our offense was as good as it was this year.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beginning of the year. I agree. He got better and better as the year went on. That is why he was a semi-finalist for the Davey O'Bryan (sp.)

I know you don't like him, but he was a huge reason why our offense was as good as it was this year.
He looked good at home and maybe against MSU. But he still threw a crucial pick in that game that kept it from being a blowout. He completely regressed this game and looked like he wasn't mentally ready. This suggests to me that it doesn't really matter whom the QB is once they go into Columbus. It's all on the defense and offensive line. Hell even against Rutgers he was quite awful on the road, but it didn't matter.

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should of seen M&B during the RR era on ESPN he was a trip lol.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should of seen M&B during the RR era on ESPN he was a trip lol.
He was the guy that sucked up to Hoke for a long time. I was on those boards from like 2011-2013

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the guy that sucked up to Hoke for a long time. I was on those boards from like 2011-2013

He sure did lol then he turned his back on him like other people that were for Hoke. I called Hoke out his second year in and stopped liking him but others would tell me it will get better and give him a chance etc. I knew he was a soft piece of shit.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure did lol then he turned his back on him like other people that were for Hoke. I called Hoke out his second year in and stopped liking him but others would tell me it will get better and give him a chance etc. I knew he was a soft piece of shit.
Yup same here. I was done during the second year. Same with Rich Rod after losing at home to Purdue. David Brandon was also a clown.

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup same here. I was done during the second year. Same with Rich Rod after losing at home to Purdue. David Brandon was also a clown.

I actually met Dave Brandon earlier this year when I worked at Toys R Us lol he came to my store as a "surprise" he must think Michigan fans only live in Michigan.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked good at home and maybe against MSU. But he still threw a crucial pick in that game that kept it from being a blowout. He completely regressed this game and looked like he wasn't mentally ready. This suggests to me that it doesn't really matter whom the QB is once they go into Columbus. It's all on the defense and offensive line. Hell even against Rutgers he was quite awful on the road, but it didn't matter.

Maybe against Michigan State? He maybe throw after throw after throw in that game. One bad game and now he isn't mentally ready?

I know you don't like him, but the fact he was good at throwing intermediate and deep balls is why UM's offense was so good this year. It kept teams from stacking the box. If u notice, he missed the throws at Iowa and how did our potent running game look?

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe against Michigan State? He maybe throw after throw after throw in that game. One bad game and now he isn't mentally ready?

I know you don't like him, but the fact he was good at throwing intermediate and deep balls is why UM's offense was so good this year. It kept teams from stacking the box. If u notice, he missed the throws at Iowa and how did our potent running game look?
The running game was fine if you don't fucking run DeVeon Smith 12 fucking times to Evans' 8. You also have Higdon and Ty Isaac. 1 fucking carry for Isaac. I'm of the belief that the run game would have been much more successful if you take the ball out of Smith's hands. The line wasn't good at all, but Smith missed a crucial hole on that last drive per usual to seal the game.

As for Speight, he threw a crucial pick vs MSU that made the game closer than it should have been. Looked awful on the road against a weak Rutgers team. Made only 1 good throw against Wisconsin. And looked mediocre against PSU and Colorado. I won't even count the Hawaii game. The one game where he looked great was against a piss poor defense in Maryland. His second best game being UCF and third best being MSU with said pick. Sorry but I feel like it would have been the same with O'Korn regardless. The receivers are just that good. As long as the Offensive Line can protect, it's not hard to make completions with the skill players we have.

You are delusional if you think it makes any difference what the outcome of the game against OSU will be with O'Korn or Speight, win or lose.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The running game was fine if you don't fucking run DeVeon Smith 12 fucking times to Evans' 8. You also have Higdon and Ty Isaac. 1 fucking carry for Isaac. I'm of the belief that the run game would have been much more successful if you take the ball out of Smith's hands. The line wasn't good at all, but Smith missed a crucial hole on that last drive per usual to seal the game.

As for Speight, he threw a crucial pick vs MSU that made the game closer than it should have been. Looked awful on the road against a weak Rutgers team. Made only 1 good throw against Wisconsin. And looked mediocre against PSU and Colorado. I won't even count the Hawaii game. The one game where he looked great was against a piss poor defense in Maryland. His second best game being UCF and third best being MSU with said pick. Sorry but I feel like it would have been the same with O'Korn regardless. The receivers are just that good. As long as the Offensive Line can protect, it's not hard to make completions with the skill players we have.

You are delusional if you think it makes any difference what the outcome of the game against OSU will be with O'Korn or Speight, win or lose.

I will just agree to disagree. If there wasn't a difference between the two, you would have seen both playing.

And the reason Smith is always in -- he is the best at pass protection.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how every Michigan fan claims they disliked Hoke from year one or year two. I have a very different memory of fans falling over themselves about how great he did with RRs scrubs and wait til he gets his guys in and was bringing in top 5 and top 10 classes.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how every Michigan fan claims they disliked Hoke from year one or year two. I have a very different memory of fans falling over themselves about how great he did with RRs scrubs and wait til he gets his guys in and was bringing in top 5 and top 10 classes.

I'm guessing. Most assumed he could develop talent and put guys in a place to succeed, as he was able to do so with RR's recruits.

The longer he was at UM -- the more glaring it was that developing talent wasn't a strong suit.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows, this might make Michigan better. Just put Peppers back at QB as he played QB in HS. He can't be worse than Tommy gun from Nebraska.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really was interested just how far Michigan could go this year.
But Iowa kinda showed us already.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is now stating that reports of Speight being done for the year are incorrect. Is he trying to play coy and be deceptive on the roster or are reports of a broken collarbone wrong?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So :harbaugh: is trying to say that Speight isn't done for the year and out. lol. trying to keep Indiana and OSU guessing as to who the QB will be. too late dude, they already know.........

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is now stating that reports of Speight being done for the year are incorrect. Is he trying to play coy and be deceptive on the roster or are reports of a broken collarbone wrong?
He's done this with every injury, for the most part.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't there a thread about QBs not lasting against Michigan? Karma comes back and bites them in the ass.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win for Michigan to end the regular season?

I certainly hope so, but I'm not feeling really optimistic about Michigan's chances in a few weeks (Indiana is no slouch either). Of course I thought Michigan ruined Ohio States season a few years ago, only to see OSU win a national title with a backup QB. So maybe there is some hope.