• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Sox Vs KC

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, interesting. Here are the matchups for our 3 game set with the Royals:

Cease vs Bubic
Giolito vs Hernandez
Keuchel vs Lynch

I know, the series doesn't start until tomorrow, but I wanted to get the ball rolling on this thread. And unless it's a typo on ESPN's part, I'm curious as to why Dallas will get a start ahead of Rodon & Lynch, unless this is TLR's way of starting to reformat the rotation. The more concerning part, at least for Rodon is it could be that he's hurting a bit. His last couple of starts have been a bit underwhelming and there's been a drop in his velo. Maybe he just needs a touch more rest than normal. After all, they have him slated to pitch against the Cubs on Friday.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cease vs Bubic
Giolito vs Hernandez
Keuchel vs Lynch

I know, the series doesn't start until tomorrow, but I wanted to get the ball rolling on this thread. And unless it's a typo on ESPN's part, I'm curious as to why Dallas will get a start ahead of Rodon & Lynch, unless this is TLR's way of starting to reformat the rotation. The more concerning part, at least for Rodon is it could be that he's hurting a bit. His last couple of starts have been a bit underwhelming and there's been a drop in his velo. Maybe he just needs a touch more rest than normal. After all, they have him slated to pitch against the Cubs on Friday.
perhaps they want a good outing so they can trade him. wouldn't bother me as i think he's jumped the shark.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cease vs Bubic
Giolito vs Hernandez
Keuchel vs Lynch

What I heard was TLR is juggling the schedule and found extra days between starts for all the starters, but Keuchel and that is just how it worked out. Keuchel doesn't mind the work - because he is trying to position himself for deep into the playoffs. Rodon especially pitches the best on 6 days between starts.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with us having a little bit of a lull. They happen in a 162 game season and our lead in the central is quite cozy. That being said - it's time for us to get right and string together some wins. Especially with clubs like KC/CHC/MIN coming up. Eloy and Robert will each be back in the lineup together shortly. We have our second baseman. We've assembled a rock solid looking bullpen.

Let's get hot. Yeah?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Zach Collins' photo on a milk carton at the store. He's still missing.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Bubic guy has a funky delivery. May not bode well.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cease's curveball is a smidge wonky so far.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why can't cease maintain that level of pitching? ........... kind of a rhetorical question.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why can't cease maintain that level of pitching? ........... kind of a rhetorical question.
He's the epitome of a hot-n-cold/off-n-on type of pitcher. Man, when his shit's rollin', he's virtually unhittable. His problem has been pretty much from day one keeping men off the base with cheap gimme walks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9.5 up baby!!! Been there once before, I want to see a double digit division lead.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's the epitome of a hot-n-cold/off-n-on type of pitcher. Man, when his shit's rollin', he's virtually unhittable. His problem has been pretty much from day one keeping men off the base with cheap gimme walks.
What's great to see is he was dominant tonight with essentially no curveball.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still pretty young though isn't he? He's learning how to be a pitcher with the stuff he has.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9.5 up baby!!! Been there once before, I want to see a double digit division lead.
One worry is since the Sox are going to coast to the division, are they lacking intensity when playoff time happens?

The NL West for example is basically playing playoff ball now. AL East too.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One worry is since the Sox are going to coast to the division, are they lacking intensity when playoff time happens?

Personally, I think it's a great problem to have. We have to remember tho that while it's one thing possibly clinching the division early, we're still playing for maximum HF advantage thruout the AL playoffs. I don't see TLR taking the foot off the pedal to any real extent even with an early Central clinch. Yes, it gives him the luxury of adjusting the rotation, giving key players needed rest here and there. But aside from that I'm guessing we'll pretty much see near the end of the season what we're seeing now.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt it...This franchise starves for playoff appearances and wins and we'll be at home to start as a division winner. The atmosphere will be electric.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's kind of like a younger and right handed Robbie Ray. Ray has mostly been quite good (including this year) but has also never totally put it together and reached his full dominant potential. Maybe Dylan can breakthrough over the next couple of seasons. It's not as if we haven't seen progress.