• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources: Rams decide to trade 2nd overall pick

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think if the Rams trade down to #4 they're more likely to take Claiborne than Blackmon.

dohn.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol! Can we say uncreative sports writing here?

If the Rams were smart they'd trade Bradford instead.

RGIII >>>>>>>>>> Bradford.

Yup agree.

The Rams with Bradford do not scare me at all, even if they are able to trade down and get Blackmon along with some high extra picks.

If they would land RGIII and we would have to play against him for the next 12 yrs, now that would be a pain in the ass.

I don't wish ill on anyone typically so I don't actually wish a bad future for Bradford, but they are the Rams and I hated how many people jumped so quickly on the Bradford bandwagon - fans, experts, grandmas - that I want him to have a few subpar seasons to show that it's not all perception and how it's imagined. There were so many matter of fact statements made it upset me a bit. I don't wish injury, won't predict failure, and would generally be happy for the guy if he works hard and succeeds, but I'll hate the media until he's fully established.

I know that he could do well and he's better than a lot of QBs, but I didn't read much saying "can Bradford continue to improve?" or "can Bradford build upon his rookie success?" Instead, I kept reading opinions stated as fact on how he was the next elite. How we're going to see him for years. He definitely could be, I just want a little bit of question, temperment for the excitement, not "duh, he's Bradford!" statements. When I read a year or so ago that Sickness didn't think much of him, it was like music to my ears. I never count anyone who works hard out, so he could do well. I'm certainly not celebrating anything right now. He's still young, had a great rookie year, and his struggles are largely injury, support, and now, OCs and HCs. Being in our division, I hope he is traded or the Rams fail with him. Nothing personal, just divisional rival.

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wish ill on anyone typically so I don't actually wish a bad future for Bradford, but they are the Rams and I hated how many people jumped so quickly on the Bradford bandwagon - fans, experts, grandmas - that I want him to have a few subpar seasons to show that it's not all perception and how it's imagined. There were so many matter of fact statements made it upset me a bit. I don't wish injury, won't predict failure, and would generally be happy for the guy if he works hard and succeeds, but I'll hate the media until he's fully established.

I know that he could do well and he's better than a lot of QBs, but I didn't read much saying "can Bradford continue to improve?" or "can Bradford build upon his rookie success?" Instead, I kept reading opinions stated as fact on how he was the next elite. How we're going to see him for years. He definitely could be, I just want a little bit of question, temperment for the excitement, not "duh, he's Bradford!" statements. When I read a year or so ago that Sickness didn't think much of him, it was like music to my ears. I never count anyone who works hard out, so he could do well. I'm certainly not celebrating anything right now. He's still young, had a great rookie year, and his struggles are largely injury, support, and now, OCs and HCs. Being in our division, I hope he is traded or the Rams fail with him. Nothing personal, just divisional rival.

Well said.

I was absolutely shocked that he had the rookie season that he had. I never thought much of him at all. I hope they stay with him because i really don't have much confidence in his ability to be an "elite" QB. He may be an average starting QB in the NFL, but nothing more.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol! Can we say uncreative sports writing here?

If the Rams were smart they'd trade Bradford instead.

RGIII >>>>>>>>>> Bradford.

do you see another team anxious to trade away multiple high picks for Bradford? next, isn't his contract also a concern for a teaming taking him on?

doesn't look like the Rams will get anything close for Bradford versus trading the #2? they might only get a 1st round pick versus two plus more mids? if the Rams really believe in RGIII, its ok to trade Bradford for much less, just saying there's a big difference to consider.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, the rams should just take kalil. or at least move down to 3rd even if they don't get what they're looking for.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams are looking for two #1's. a 3rd, and a 5th, similar to what the Giants gave up to the Chargers to select Eli. I would say that the Browns have the edge since they have two #1's. Vikings end up with Kalil and Rams get Blackmon.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media hyped his rookie season so hard.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
- The Insider - The Washington Post

The Washington Redskins are prepared to pay a significant amount to the St. Louis Rams so they can move up to the No. 2 pick in April’s draft and position themselves to land Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III. But just how hefty a bounty the Redskins are able to hand over could hinge largely on the team’s success in free agency next month. And if the Redskins are unable to make the necessary move to get Griffin, the sentiment is that Texas A&M’s Ryan Tannehill is another quarterback that Washington is high on.

---

The Redskins, according to people with knowledge of the situation, are willing to pay a handsome price that would include two first-round picks – this year’s sixth overall and next year’s top pick – as well as other picks in the upper to mid-round range.

----

If Washington isn’t successful in moving up to the No. 2 overall spot, league sources expect them to select Tannehill, and some believe they would be inclined to use the sixth pick on him rather than trade down and try to get him later in the first round or in the second round.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

What are you talking about. What praises was he ever receiving as a prospect when he came out? If anything people and their grandmas were trying to stone the guy to death as if we were living in the middle ages. There were comments being made comparing him to Alex Smith (his ceiling in the NFL); and please note this was 2005-10 Alex Smith! Not Post Singletary era. But anyway, I agree with you Phuck the Rams!

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The combine kicked off two months of massive intrigue at - 03.05.12 - SI Vault

• The Rams, at No. 2, are open for business. Two years ago St. Louis drafted quarterback Sam Bradford first overall, so last Saturday, in a meeting of the new St. Louis brain trust, chief operating officer Kevin Demoff told coach Jeff Fisher and G.M. Les Snead that they didn't have to play the phony card of threatening to draft Griffin. St. Louis is ready to deal its pick, and one NFL source said on Saturday night that the team has already had several feelers—including one from a team "you would never expect." Most likely trade-up partners: Cleveland (picking fourth), Washington (sixth) and Miami (eighth). It's likely the Rams will get the highest compensation ever for a draft choice that wasn't the first overall: at least two picks in the first round plus another.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- The Insider - The Washington Post

The Washington Redskins are prepared to pay a significant amount to the St. Louis Rams so they can move up to the No. 2 pick in April’s draft and position themselves to land Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III. But just how hefty a bounty the Redskins are able to hand over could hinge largely on the team’s success in free agency next month. And if the Redskins are unable to make the necessary move to get Griffin, the sentiment is that Texas A&M’s Ryan Tannehill is another quarterback that Washington is high on.

---

The Redskins, according to people with knowledge of the situation, are willing to pay a handsome price that would include two first-round picks – this year’s sixth overall and next year’s top pick – as well as other picks in the upper to mid-round range.

----

If Washington isn’t successful in moving up to the No. 2 overall spot, league sources expect them to select Tannehill, and some believe they would be inclined to use the sixth pick on him rather than trade down and try to get him later in the first round or in the second round.

6th overal for tannehill? he'd be going into a good coaching situation but the talent is lacking, especially since tannehill needs to sit and develop.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doh is right. Arizona picked Patrick Peterson last year, Seattle took Richard Sherman in the late rounds and he turned out to be an absolute steal, and now the Rams have a shot at Morris Claiborne.

We need a WR that can hang with these guys.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just gotta say how fucked up is this that the year we had the number 1 pick there was no clear first pick, and there was nobody to trade down with because there was no clear top pick. Now the Rams stink and get the 2nd pick which could turn into the most valuable pick of all time.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me how far Sherman has come. He led Stanford in receiving his Freshmen and Soph seasons. Shows how much talent he has that he can convert to CB his Senior season and then make the jump to starting caliber in the NFL in a short time.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Rams' post-trade target
9:32 AM ET
St. Louis Rams

It's all but a done deal that the St. Louis Rams will be trading down from the No. 2 overall pick in the NFL Draft -- click here for the latest on which teams remain in the hunt -- and the identity of the player that they'd like to land with their lower first-round selection may influence the team with which they'll trade.

That player, in the opinion of Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, may very well be LSU CB Morris Claiborne, considered by many to be the top player at his position in this year's class.

Here's where it gets interesting. If the Rams trade down with the Cleveland Browns (inheriting the No. 4 pick, amongst other assets), they should have a good shot at Claiborne. The Minnesota Vikings -- picking third -- are more likely to take OT Matt Kalil or a WR (Justin Blackmon or Michael Floyd), since those are bigger needs, and the Vikes' defensive system does not place an emphasis on elite cover corners. However, if the Washington Redskins are the winners of the RG3 sweepstakes, the Rams would have the No. 6 overall pick as their first selection, and the team picking No. 5 (the Tampa Bay Buccaneers) could be targeting Claiborne as well.

This is not to indicate that the availability of Claiborne with their lower pick will be the sole determining factor between which team's offer they'll accept; nevertheless, this may have some effect on their deliberation.

- Tim Kavanagh​

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about. What praises was he ever receiving as a prospect when he came out? If anything people and their grandmas were trying to stone the guy to death as if we were living in the middle ages. There were comments being made comparing him to Alex Smith (his ceiling in the NFL); and please note this was 2005-10 Alex Smith! Not Post Singletary era. But anyway, I agree with you Phuck the Rams!

I was talking about mid-season to after Bradford's rookie year. A lot of people were hyping Bradford, extrapolating growth beyond any other (it seemed) - it seemed like people checked the elite-to-be box and anyone who said differently was looked at sideways. People disagreed with Sickness (though I guess his ideas sometimes are out there enough most have different ideas) and when Crimson said for 2011 (during the 2011 off-season before we signed Alex) that he would go with Alex over Bradford 2011, people thought he was crazy, too. (Granted, Alex didn't help things much.)