• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sources: Browns nearly traded with 49ers for Jim Harbaugh

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fan of Harbs as a coach, but if you can get multiple picks (including Cleveland's 1st this year) you have to listen if you are 49er's management. The Raiders got a king's ransom for Gruden.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Big fan of Harbs as a coach, but if you can get multiple picks (including Cleveland's 1st this year) you have to listen if you are 49er's management. The Raiders got a king's ransom for Gruden.

No way man. It took 26 years to find a good head coach after Walsh retired. Harbaugh is untrabeable unless the Colts are offering Andrew Luck.

Besides, I thought the NFL ended coaches-for-picks trades. Someone mentioned that earlier.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No way man. It took 26 years to find a good head coach after Walsh retired. Harbaugh is untrabeable unless the Colts are offering Andrew Luck.

Besides, I thought the NFL ended coaches-for-picks trades. Someone mentioned that earlier.

Pozz confirmed that's no longer the case and you can trade coaches for picks.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe its true. For one, the 49ers cannot be pleased with Harbaugh's complete mental meltdowns in the three season ending games. His peformance in each was abysmal. Secondly his ego would be tough for Baalke to co-exist with. I think the performances the last three years have been in spite of, not because of, Harbaugh and his staff. He still wants to play the college game at the profesional level.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

IDK.................

if Harbaugh isn't happy enough and wants to leave, then you have no choice. but if he's "neutral" and the decision is only up to Baalke/York, you need to keep this REALLY good Coach. JH is a PROVEN NFL Head Coach.

we of all fans should know about 'poor' coaching. apparently, the team had a lot of talent while Singletary was Coach, but they couldn't even break 0.500? what about our HC's since Mariucci?

say you get Cleveland's two 1st rounders, but without good coaching the TEAM won't go far. it might contend THIS year due to residual talent, but what about next and the next? if the TEAM doesn't go far, neither will these two draft picks.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 49ers trade JH, who are they going to replace him with who is any better? The report said Tomsula, seriously? I am sure Tomsula is a great Dline coach but I have doubts he would succeed as an NFL coach and that would leave Roman in control of offense. I would be really disappointed if they did something like that.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Peter King:
I am told the 49ers never discussed trade terms for coach Jim Harbaugh with Cleveland brass.
7:28pm - 21 Feb 14

This implies that a conversation did happen to trade JH to the Browns.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's more important to the team? Harbaugh or Baalke?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who's more important to the team? Harbaugh or Baalke?

If Baalke has been responsible for the drafts since Harbaugh got here, I'd say he's not very valuable.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good question!

my first reaction is Harbaugh, but again, good question.

I think Baalke has built this team more than Harbaugh. But coaching in the NFL is the most important than any other sport IMO. I think the major problem in all this is these two can't coexist. Feel sorry for Jed to make these decisions.

IMO Harbaugh needs to settle down on the power hungry attitude and just coach. let Baalke do his thing

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Baalke has been responsible for the drafts since Harbaugh got here, I'd say he's not very valuable.

Dude our 2011 draft was ridiculous. I think Baalke is a great GM

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude our 2011 draft was ridiculous. I think Baalke is a great GM

Meh. One good OLB, a mediocre QB and some backups. 4 of the picks are not even with the team. Nothing to shout about.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. One good OLB, a mediocre QB and some backups. 4 of the picks are not even with the team. Nothing to shout about.

One good LB? he's only had the most sacks in his first two years than anyone.

mediocre QB? he's only led us to the Super Bowl and CC game in back to back seasons.

Cmon, a little more credit than that

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ultimately, I agree with you Sick- you don't want Harbs to leave. I was just saying you have to listen. If he is/will consider leaving, then you consider getting picks for compensation. If he just wants more money- pay the man! He's worth top 5 NFL coach money for sure.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK.................

if Harbaugh isn't happy enough and wants to leave, then you have no choice. but if he's "neutral" and the decision is only up to Baalke/York, you need to keep this REALLY good Coach. JH is a PROVEN NFL Head Coach.

we of all fans should know about 'poor' coaching. apparently, the team had a lot of talent while Singletary was Coach, but they couldn't even break 0.500? what about our HC's since Mariucci?

say you get Cleveland's two 1st rounders, but without good coaching the TEAM won't go far. it might contend THIS year due to residual talent, but what about next and the next? if the TEAM doesn't go far, neither will these two draft picks.

I agree Deep. The more I think about it, the more I feel the 49ers regress without Harbs. If he's going to leave- get some picks. I don't think this team with a bunch of picks, minus Harbs, and Tomsula coaching would do better than the alternative. Harbs is a proven coach- pay the man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty soon we are gonna regress with Harbaugh if the offense doesn't open up the pass game and get out of the predictable power run game schemes that the league has caught up on. Fangio makes the D run. Did Baalke or Harbaugh want Kaep because so far every backup QB choice has been dog shit. Harbs has got to get it on this year, a lot on the line. We need to see some QB whispering, improved passing offense, and possibly even a Super Bowl victory. Which Jed needs to see as well before he pays top dollar.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misconceptions.
They are fun.
A 4 year old believes that the sun and the moon are the same size, cuz they look like it.
A 2 year old believes that the cat that goes behind the davenport, is gone, cuz they can't see it.

Bring it, give us some more misconceptions. Should be fun. Go Hawks.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Misconceptions.
They are fun.
A 4 year old believes that the sun and the moon are the same size, cuz they look like it.
A 2 year old believes that the cat that goes behind the davenport, is gone, cuz they can't see it.

Bring it, give us some more misconceptions. Should be fun. Go Hawks.

??????? What are you babbling about?

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he is alluding to the fact that you shouldn't believe everything you see or read in this case, I can't imagine Harbs not wanting to be the head coach of the 49ers he freak in loves this team, and he has unfinished buisness, you think he's gonna leave before he clutches a Lombardi ? Not if he can help it.