• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sounds like Kevin Love is staying in Cleveland

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont have to play together. Plus Love spreads the floor and Mozgov actually can too, he can knock down the deep jumpers just not as consistent. Varajeo can also shoot mid-range very well.
They just have a bundle of options for foul trouble or most importantly injuries.

I dont know, there is always gonna be that group of veterans that have made their millions and are gonna take a MLE to play for a ring. It almost seems like James thrives on that. This year you have guys that fit that bill in

Elton Brand
Evan Turner
Brook Lopez
Joe Johnson
Deron Williams
Richard Jefferson
Amare Stoudmire
tayshaun prince
Jason Terry
Josh Smith
Glen Davis
Jeremy Lin
Jason Richardson
Andre miller
even Paul Pierce

Hell, even LeBron can opt out this year if he wants.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone has a huge distaste for the Cavs and Gilbert on here

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, there is always gonna be that group of veterans that have made their millions and are gonna take a MLE to play for a ring. It almost seems like James thrives on that. This year you have guys that fit that bill in

Elton Brand
Evan Turner
Brook Lopez
Joe Johnson
Deron Williams
Richard Jefferson
Amare Stoudmire
tayshaun prince
Jason Terry
Josh Smith
Glen Davis
Jeremy Lin
Jason Richardson
Andre miller
even Paul Pierce

Doesnt Joe Johnson get paid like $12 mil lol
Some of those guys of course, but all 4 of those guys listed are better than any big man on that list and they can give you more minutes, and it isnt even close.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Elton Brand
Evan Turner
Brook Lopez
Joe Johnson
Deron Williams
Richard Jefferson
Amare Stoudmire
tayshaun prince
Jason Terry
Josh Smith
Glen Davis
Jeremy Lin
Jason Richardson
Andre miller
even Paul Pierce

I think you meant the empty husk that sat on the Hawks bench that sort of looks like Elton Brand

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, cleveland is proving they do not need kevin love, who really would not fit right now. Varejao is Lebrons buddy and Lebron would prefer Shumpbert to take some of the defensive responsibility instead of someone taking shots.

The bigger win would have been keeping Wiggins.

Cleveland hasn't needed Love so far in the playoffs as they've played weak opponents in rounds 2 and 3. The problem is, they're now going against a team that has plenty of offensive firepower and is one of the better defensive teams in the league. They need Love in this series. Cleveland still has a chance, but their odds would improve with Love, even though he's not as great of a defensive player that Thompson is.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he didnt have to say anything, but he did. It may not be 100% but there is a good chance he is staying now. If he didnt want to be back in Cleveland he would of kept his mouth shut.

:L

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That comparison puts it into perspective for me clearly.

So, Thank You.

I thought he was a 5 who was playing out of position.
I thought the same thing.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uhh did I miss something? He hasnt gone anywhere yet, he just opted out, what everyone expected lol. He can still sign with the Cavs for a short term or if he chooses he can go somewhere else.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh did I miss something? He hasnt gone anywhere yet, he just opted out, what everyone expected lol. He can still sign with the Cavs for a short term or if he chooses he can go somewhere else.
Its better for the cavs in the long run for him to opt out and then we get him on max for multiple years before the cap bump. If he stays of course but like you said this wasnt unexpected at all

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its better for the cavs in the long run for him to opt out and then we get him on max for multiple years before the cap bump. If he stays of course but like you said this wasnt unexpected at all

Are you certain that he'll sign a longer term deal now?

Seems like it would be smarter to play the 1 year and then sign a bigger deal when the cap goes up. A lot of folks seem to think he'll sign a 1 year deal and then look to get the bigger, longer term deal after this coming season.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you certain that he'll sign a longer term deal now?

Seems like it would be smarter to play the 1 year and then sign a bigger deal when the cap goes up. A lot of folks seem to think he'll sign a 1 year deal and then look to get the bigger, longer term deal after this coming season.
Not certain about anything but i know the cavs didnt want him to not opt out and have that last year hanging over them all next season, or so ive read. So much speculation wait and seems to be the best approach.

Edit sorry about the spelling im challenged when it comes to phone typing

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No certain about anything but i know the cavs didny want him to not opt out and have that last year hanging over them all next season, or so ive read. So much speculation wait and seems to be the best approach.

Andresrenee made a good point on another thread. The smart move would be for him to sign a 2 or 3 year deal but with the additional 1-2 years at player option (like Lebron did last FA). Protects him in case of injury, but leaves him the ability to get more money when the cap goes up if he stays healthy.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With James and Thompson at the forward spots, there's really not a natural slot for Love.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andresrenee made a good point on another thread. The smart move would be for him to sign a 2 or 3 year deal but with the additional 1-2 years at player option (like Lebron did last FA). Protects him in case of injury, but leaves him the ability to get more money when the cap goes up if he stays healthy.
Yeah that seems like the smart play, also if he doesnt mesh well or get his championship maybe he jumps to a place where hes the main man

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With James and Thompson at the forward spots, there's really not a natural slot for Love.
The CAvs were 34-3 when LEBron, Love and Kyrie all shared the court together once they got things rolling.

NO 2 players in the NBA had a better +- playing together than LeBron and Kevin Love- no one - in the entire NBA.

The Cavs fast break points took a beating when Love was out because of Love's great abiliy to spark the fast break with his passing- their three point shooting and offensive efficiency took a major hit when Love was out because of dangerous he is spacing the floor.

Now- it was evident the Cavs do not need Love to get out of the East- and if Irving is healthy and they manage the rest of the team right- they probably do not even need Love to win a title----- but if the Cavs are going to be a team that makes 4 out of the next 5 Finals and wins 2-3 of them- it will be because Love/Kyrie/LeBron are all here, and are all on the same page. To me that is what is at stake with Love leaving- its not like the Cavs wont be the favorites n the East because Love leaves- they will be- its not like they couldnt win it- --their margin of error is expanded greatly if Love resigns.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely do think there is a real chance Love does not resign- I think the %'s favor his resigning in Cleveland though.

Everytime I start to doubt it- I go back to the fact that the Cavs can offer Love the most money, and easily the best chance to win a championship. It is hard for me to see a player like Love who had so little success early in his career walk away from his best chance to win a title WHILE leaving money on the table.

Most Money/Best Chance to Win...it would be very strange and indicate that Love really did not feel he fit well if he decides to leave those 2 things on the table.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely do think there is a real chance Love does not resign- I think the %'s favor his resigning in Cleveland though.

Everytime I start to doubt it- I go back to the fact that the Cavs can offer Love the most money, and easily the best chance to win a championship. It is hard for me to see a player like Love who had so little success early in his career walk away from his best chance to win a title WHILE leaving money on the table.

Most Money/Best Chance to Win...it would be very strange and indicate that Love really did not feel he fit well if he decides to leave those 2 things on the table.

But then you think about the shit hole that is Cleveland...and understand why he might leave.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The CAvs were 34-3 when LEBron, Love and Kyrie all shared the court together once they got things rolling.

NO 2 players in the NBA had a better +- playing together than LeBron and Kevin Love- no one - in the entire NBA.

The Cavs fast break points took a beating when Love was out because of Love's great abiliy to spark the fast break with his passing- their three point shooting and offensive efficiency took a major hit when Love was out because of dangerous he is spacing the floor.

Now- it was evident the Cavs do not need Love to get out of the East- and if Irving is healthy and they manage the rest of the team right- they probably do not even need Love to win a title----- but if the Cavs are going to be a team that makes 4 out of the next 5 Finals and wins 2-3 of them- it will be because Love/Kyrie/LeBron are all here, and are all on the same page. To me that is what is at stake with Love leaving- its not like the Cavs wont be the favorites n the East because Love leaves- they will be- its not like they couldnt win it- --their margin of error is expanded greatly if Love resigns.

It was evident this past season that they did not need Love to get out of the East.
To assume it will continue to happen year after year is just that, an assumption.
James has been rode hard now for 5 straight years.
The wear and tear catches up with you.
The odds catch up with you.

You honestly think you're making 4 of the next 5 Finals and winning 2 or 3 of them?
Good luck with that shit.

I don't have a crystal ball, but I have a pretty clear vision about what you're future salary cap issues are going to look like IF you're long term roster has James, Kyrie, Love and T.T and it isn't very promising in regard to being able add much of anything.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then you think about the shit hole that is Cleveland...and understand why he might leave.

I really should be considering that more when I try to rationalize why Gilbert would allow himself to be viewed as James' bitch.
I guess he knows that James is his only chance, ever, as far as winning, so if that's his singular goal and he has no pride, then why not?