• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SOS in 2014

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coda is lobbying to add them to Texas' schedule in 2015 so he can repeat this thread and fain superiority.

I just give the people information. How you choose to bitch and whine about it up to you

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also hilarious that West Virginia gets into the top ten based (pretty much entirely) on playing Bama...and Alabama is in the bottom ten based partially on playing WVU.

Few comments on that:
1. Bama was Good. WVU sucked. Seems liek a good reason Bama is a plus and WV a negative.
2. FAU, SoMiss, and Western Carolina are probably the reason that Bama made the bottom 10, not WV

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you mad? AU isn't listed in the top 10 weakest......

Probably should be but I imagine mighty Kansas State and their 9 game conference schedule is carrying us this year.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just give the people information. How you choose to bitch and whine about it up to you

Thanks for giving me options that's mighty kind.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably should be but I imagine mighty Kansas State and their 9 game conference schedule is carrying us this year.

Yeah, but you boys go to Manhattan; the 'Cats are tough as fuck in Manhattan, especially at night. Wouldn't be surprised if the 'Cats win this one.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you boys go to Manhattan; the 'Cats are tough as fuck in Manhattan, especially at night. Wouldn't be surprised if the 'Cats win this one.

Thursday night curse for top 10 teams is a bitch.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday night curse for top 10 teams is a bitch.

Interesting match-up. KSU is not overly talented, but very well coached. I would assume the defense will be fine against Auburn. Snyder is one of the central figures in the development of modern spread offense, so he should be able to help the defense prepare. Game will be about KSU offense. Snyder will try to grind the Auburn defense down with 5-7 minute drives. Probably the only game Auburn will play where their QB is slower than the opponents.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strength of Schedule - 2014
10 best AQ non-conference schedules
Texas: North Texas, BYU, UCLA
Iowa State: North Dakota State, at Iowa, Toledo
West Virginia: Alabama, Towson, at Maryland
USC: Fresno State, at Boston College, Notre Dame
Missouri: South Dakota State, at Toledo, UCF, Indiana
Oklahoma State: Florida State, Missouri State, UTSA
Florida State: Oklahoma State, The Citadel, Notre Dame, Florida
North Carolina: Liberty, San Diego State, at East Carolina, at Notre Dame
Minnesota: Eastern Illinois, Middle Tennessee, at TCU, San Jose State
Ohio State: Navy, Virginia Tech, Kent State, Cincinnati

Im not saying Oregon has a really tough over all but they have Michigan State along with South Dakota and Wyoming.
but compared to Missouri and Oklahoma State and maybe Minnesota how is Oregons worse than theirs. Michigan State alone trumps like 3 of their games combined.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ga southern aint no joke! Ask the sec

Gave Alabama a game several years ago it wasn't in doubt but it wasn't a cake walk very well coached team and fearless.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama should get some sort of dismal scheduling prize for ( again) playing every single cupcake at home , never scheduling anyone these for home and home. Notice the Ohio States , USCs Michigans, Texas of the college football world actually travel to some of their OCC games. And the fact that Alabama schedules the likes of Western Carolina for their second to last game should embarrass their fans. Must be nice to play the local community college the week everyone is playing conference foes or their rivals.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama should get some sort of dismal scheduling prize for ( again) playing every single cupcake at home , never scheduling anyone these for home and home. Notice the Ohio States , USCs Michigans, Texas of the college football world actually travel to some of their OCC games. And the fact that Alabama schedules the likes of Western Carolina for their second to last game should embarrass their fans. Must be nice to play the local community college the week everyone is playing conference foes or their rivals.

whoa-i-almost-gave-a-fuck-gif.gif

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota: Eastern Illinois, Middle Tennessee, at TCU, San Jose State

It that makes one of the 10 best then pretty much the entire county has a crappy SOS.

Iowa State: North Dakota State, at Iowa, Toledo

Does Iowa makes this schedule?

Oklahoma State: Florida State, Missouri State, UTSA[/
Florida: Idaho, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Kentucky, at Florida State

How is Florida's schedule that much worse yet OUS is in the top 10 and Florida is in the bottom 10?

It's pretty obvious that there is a 9 conference game bias here and if that's the case then the SOS discussions can end now because they have no credibility.

There may be somewhat of a bias, but that's because of mathmatics not humans. 1 great/good team in a 3 OOC schedule brings up the strength a lot more than a 1 great/good team in a 4 OOC schedule. It's hard to account for that unless you design your program to do that and I don't think Sagrin's is.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot believe Texas is playing another series with UCLA.
It seems like the 40 Acres plays them every other year.

The Bruins are the strangest team to schedule in advance.
They are almost impossible to predict how it will turn out in 5 years.

Sometimes you get a 4-8 team...sometimes you get a 10-2 team...
You have no idea whether you are scheduling a cupcake or a national title fringe contender.

Maybe Texas likes the Russian Roulette game of scheduling UCLA.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have no idea whether you are scheduling a cupcake or a national title fringe contender.

Its actually worse than that. I think UCLA is one of those teams that always scared PAC teams. They always have talent even when they are bad. You knew they had 2 good games in them a year. You just had to pray you werent the recipient of those games.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Texas King of the strategic cupcake game that will make their schedule look good on paper. Sucks that BYU and Ole Miss didn't play ball and funny that you are worried about UCLA now that they have improved.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man I would freak out if the Ducks were playing fcs schools in November. Revolt time.

Couldn't even imagine it. 20 years of season tix and I have never had to put up with that BS and hopefully never will.