• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sore Shoulder: Paxson Shut down

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to acccept reality. The Mariner rotation is snake bit this year and it won't stablize until the team is way out of contention for the second wild card.

Having said that, here are what I consider to be the best options to replace Maurer in the rotation.

1. Wandy Rodriguez. DFAed by the Pirates on May 22. The good news - hasn't had an ERA higher than 3.76 in the past six seasons. The bad news - shut down after 12 starts last year and inefffective in 6 starts this year. He is a low-risk type so that makes him a Marineer type.

2. Jordan Pries. Jordan pitched at High Desert last year and by all rights, should be in AA. But when your organization loses Iwakuma, Paxson, Beavan and Walker to injury, and Rameriz is ineffective, it casues a ripple effect felt all the way down to A ball. Pries only got two starts at Jackson before he was needed in Tacoma. However, despite his inexperience above A ball, Pries has beeen the most effective pitcher in the Rainiers rotation.

3. Matt Palmer. 35-year-old right hander suddenly appeared on the Rainiers roster on May 13th. They are quickly trying to get him stretched out. He has 11.2 IPs in three starts. He has 20 career starts in the majoirs with his best season in 2009 with the Angels.

4. Anthony Fernandez. Another guy, like Pries, who would benefit from more time in the minors. But, he's been the Rainiers second best starter this year so he at least needs to be considered.

5. Erasmus Rameriz. I feel obligated to put him in this list but I really don't consider him an option. He has yet to re-discover his success in Tacoma.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revised:

1. Jeff Samardzija. He's going to go somewhere before August 1st. probaably not here. Cubs don't need a second baseman nor a shortstop.

2. Wandy Rodriguez. DFAed by the Pirates on May 22. The good news - hasn't had an ERA higher than 3.76 in the past six seasons. The bad news - shut down after 12 starts last year and inefffective in 6 starts this year. He is a low-risk type so that makes him a Marineer type.

3. Jordan Pries. Jordan pitched at High Desert last year and by all rights, should be in AA. But when your organization loses Iwakuma, Paxson, Beavan and Walker to injury, and Rameriz is ineffective, it casues a ripple effect felt all the way down to A ball. Pries only got two starts at Jackson before he was needed in Tacoma. However, despite his inexperience above A ball, Pries has beeen the most effective pitcher in the Rainiers rotation.

4. Matt Palmer. 35-year-old right hander suddenly appeared on the Rainiers roster on May 13th. They are quickly trying to get him stretched out. He has 11.2 IPs in three starts. He has 20 career starts in the majoirs with his best season in 2009 with the Angels.

5. Anthony Fernandez. Another guy, like Pries, who would benefit from more time in the minors. But, he's been the Rainiers second best starter this year so he at least needs to be considered.

6. Erasmus Rameriz. I feel obligated to put him in this list but I really don't consider him an option. He has yet to re-discover his success in Tacoma.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Samardzija: He's a good pitcher and is having a great year, but if the Mariners are going to give up resources in a trade for a legitimate player, I'd prefer it be someone who can hit the ball. The Mariners currently have the 2nd lowest ERA in the AL, but have the lowest BA, OBP, 2nd lowest SLG percentage and the 4th least runs scored in the AL.

Wandy Rodriguez: Not a bad idea. At best he could revert back to his 3-4 ERA form, at worst he is no worse than Maurer.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade for Samardzija if it came with an extension and as long as we were not giving up pitching. Then like I mentioned before we could deal a guy like Kuma for a legit hitter. We don't have the resources to trade for a legit hitter with what we currently have (prospect wise).

I would look to see if we could make a Franklin deal for Kris Davis as mentioned before. Or even Ackley for him.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton

Sexson

Why the confusion?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something? :scratch:

Yes. You missed the recent report that the Seahawks locked up Doug Baldwin for two more years. Team-friendly contract.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I actually read that hours ago.

Doug Baldwin

Alec Baldwin

Why the confusion?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I actually read that hours ago.

Doug Baldwin

Alec Baldwin

Why the confusion?

LOL.

Alec Guinness
Guinness Book of World Records.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, but I still don't know what the hell we are talking about. :suds:

I don't either. You'd have to ask the Podunk dude. Apparently he thinks Paxson and Sexson are similar in some sort of way.

What did you think of the Pacers holding LeBron to 7 points yesterday? Am I the only person who thinks that the refs have the final say in how ECF are playing out?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time watching the NBA anymore because of the refs and how it seems like they play more of a role than the players. I go back to the 76-77 Blazers championship and was a diehard NBA guy, but it seems to be getting worse. I have coached club and high school ball on and off starting 29 years ago and even started at PG in junior college and was heading to next level when a broken foot took me out so I love that game. I was also turned off once Stars starting teaming up to win instead of having the balls to try and beat each other.

But seeing LeBron held to 7 does bring a smile to my face. Awesome player, but lost all my respect with the 'decision'. Forever known by me as LeBron 'If you can't bet them, join them' James.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something? :scratch:

Just for some reason over the years people would call Sexson "sexton." Now Paxton is being referred to as "Paxson."

Ain't hard to get their names right. This was just a little light hearted ribbing.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't either. You'd have to ask the Podunk dude. Apparently he thinks Paxson and Sexson are similar in some sort of way.

What did you think of the Pacers holding LeBron to 7 points yesterday? Am I the only person who thinks that the refs have the final say in how ECF are playing out?

I think the point was you keep spelling PaxTon's name wrong...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He spells the name wrong because he's not actually an M's fan. Just a troll.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for some reason over the years people would call Sexson "sexton." Now Paxton is being referred to as "Paxson."

Ain't hard to get their names right. This was just a little light hearted ribbing.

Gotcha. It came out of nowhere so I was like whaaaaaat? True though.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not much different than Seahawks fans always calling Holmgren Hulmgrem or Hasselbeck Hasselback.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He spells the name wrong because he's not actually an M's fan. Just a troll.

"I'm so mad that I refuse to watch the games on tv. But, I still read everything I can about them and hang out on the Mariner Message Board all day."

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm so mad that I refuse to watch the games on tv. But, I still read everything I can about them and hang out on the Mariner Message Board all day."

Sorry to laugh at that one, but it was funny. Can't we all just get along? :lol:

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to laugh at that one, but it was funny. Can't we all just get along? :lol:

Nice to see the Spurs school the Thunder yesterday. And I share your opinion of LeBron. I respect the player, but don't respect the person much. And, I really hope Ballmer has an ace up his sleeve.