• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sooo what the hell was with the deffense last night ? ?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be able to challenge 1 a game and under 5 min of each half it should be reviewed upstairs. I agree it has cost teams wins. They need to get these calls right. Its killing football. I hear more negative talk about refs then any other sport. NFL and NBA refs control the out come of a game more then any sport.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What really irks me about this is I believe the NFL doesn't give a shit about its players, they are only concerned with lawsuits brought by players with brain injuries.

I believe they care but they ultimately care about money more.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. But didn't you just know it was coming? It was such a monster hit and that coupled with Whitner's rep for dirty hits made it a certain call in my mind.

Remember whitners hit on Pierre Thomas in the playoffs two years ago? Really wonder if that would draw a flag today. Because apparently these days, its all about how it looks.

To be honest, even if you get a penalty, those hits are still worth it. Shows them they won't get it easy.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I watched the first and fourth quarters, basically, at the bar across the street from the restaurant. And was kind of freaking out at the end.

I don't even remember what point in the 2nd half it was anymore but at some point towards the 4th quarter I had to pause the game on my DVR because the family came over because we were opening gifts early this year.

I didn't absolutely HAVE to put the game on pause while we were opening gifts but I kind of didn't want to be THAT guy that does that kind of thing during a Christmas event.

Then, when I freaked out after the failed onside kick recovery, I accidently hit the LIVE TV button on the remote and it was on ESPN after the game had ended. I saw Harbaugh's face as he was speaking at the podium and he had a concerned look on his face I thought. So at that point I thought, "Oh, wonderful. I just spoiled the ending for myself and it looked like the team lost." Ahhhhhhh!

So I had to watch from that point on with the assumption that they were going to lose. I don't know if anybody can imagine what my reaction was during and after the Bowman pick, but it was pure pandemonium in my house.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't even remember what point in the 2nd half it was anymore but at some point towards the 4th quarter I had to pause the game on my DVR because the family came over because we were opening gifts early this year.

I didn't absolutely HAVE to put the game on pause while we were opening gifts but I kind of didn't want to be THAT guy that does that kind of thing during a Christmas event.

Then, when I freaked out after the failed onside kick recovery, I accidently hit the LIVE TV button on the remote and it was on ESPN after the game had ended. I saw Harbaugh's face as he was speaking at the podium and he had a concerned look on his face I thought. So at that point I thought, "Oh, wonderful. I just spoiled the ending for myself and it looked like the team lost." Ahhhhhhh!

So I had to watch from that point on with the assumption that they were going to lose. I don't know if anybody can imagine what my reaction was during and after the Bowman pick, but it was pure pandemonium in my house.

Chris,
That is a awesome story! I can totally imagine my reaction if I was in that position!

:gaah: :L :wtf2: :lol: :hammer:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember whitners hit on Pierre Thomas in the playoffs two years ago? Really wonder if that would draw a flag today. Because apparently these days, its all about how it looks.

To be honest, even if you get a penalty, those hits are still worth it. Shows them they won't get it easy.

That and the hit Goldson put on Aaron Hernandez that made him get the dropsies for the rest of the game when SF went to New England would definitely draw flags now.

All you have to do these days to draw a flag is hit someone hard in the upper chest and you'll see the yellow fly because the offensive player's head will most likely snap forward. That's what happened to Chancellor when he concussed VD; it was a 100% legal hit.