• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft plans gone awry- How I ended up with 4 players from the same team

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. You still need to load up. The difference between starting RBs and what's available late vs starting WRs and what's available late is noticeable. You need to load up on any back that has a chance at starting because you're gonna be picking scraps by like round 6. You'll be able to find starting WRs late. Only WR you should be taking early is the truly elite guys (Thomas, Jones, Hopkins). That isn't to say you just draft all RBs. But if in a draft if you end up with like WR WR, TE/QB or whatever where you're picking like your first RB in the 3rd or 4th round, you're likely setting yourself up to lose your league. You need to have at least 2 RBs by the end of round 4, with one you feel confident that can be a RB1 (not maybe he will be RB1 if things go right, confident as in he's getting double digit points each week and I'm not really thinking if I should start or sit depending on the match up)

Yeah, I have played enough to know there is no 1 pathway to success.

No matter what draft strategy you use, you have to draft the right players and make the right roster moves.

I have won leagues taking RBs with my first 3 picks, and I have won not taking an RB until the 6th round.