• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Soon to be Hall of Famer - Eli Manning

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tom-brady-misses-a-wide-open-julian-edelman1.gif
Is this a definition of cherry picking:noidea:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coasted to a win? No, they didn't.

And they BARELY beat Dallas twice, they didn't manhandle them. This Giants team isn't something to fear. Eli is still playing like bad Eli......and the defense isn't bailing him out.

He will make the HOF because of two rings the defense gifted him with. But outside of that he has no place in the Hall.

If the Giants make it past the first game I'll be surprised. I just don't see THIS Giants team comparing to past ones. They aren't particularly hot, they have no run game......if you can shut down OBJ that's pretty much the ballgame.

Defense did a great job for the Giants in there 2 Super-Bowl wins, but you can't say Eli wasn't a big part of that, he made some big play's in those games... I think he's worthy..

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont ignore context of a discussion when you "cherry pick" parts of it and paint it with a brush

I know its a Boston pastime
Tom Brady had a really really great game once. He's a HOF lock. ~Typical NYer rationale~

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, that O-line had it's issues masked by RW's ability to scramble and Lynch's ability to run through would be tacklers. Lynch got hit in the backfield more times than most care to remember. The mid 2000's line was good. This one has been mediocre, turning to terrible now.
Shhhh Dirt still thinks the Skankees are relevant.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha!.....Im a little less optimistic than my Alt ID.........Its unfortunate we have to play in the one place against the one team i most wanted to avoid in the NFC playoffs this year......Its always winnable when you have a defense playing on the level the Giants are now, and I would fully expect that they slow down the Packers offense......On the flipside, even an average defense like the PAckers, especially in frigid weather, can slow this Giants offense (Odell).....I do sense Paul Perkins can emerge as one of those postseason heroes no one ever heard of, that seem to come along once every couple of years.....We will see, I sense a 17-13 type game either way

As far as Eli in the HOF, thats pretty much a lock at this point, and Im not the biggest Eli supporter...But 2 rings, and a Top 6 or 7 passer all time, he's a lock
From an outsider viewpoint... Both offenses have the firepower to go the distance, but a balance needs to be established. Once either offense leans too heavily on the passing game it seems like they unravel. It will be tough for the Giants to establish a ground game in this one, but they should view it as a priority. Like you said, it might be a low scoring affair so winning the TOP will be crucial. But I could also see this game boiling down to turnovers. Should be a good game!

Eli... no doubt. He has all the prerequisites for the HOF. Stats don't lie. There are QBs with worse résumés than Eli in the HOF.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an outsider viewpoint... Both offenses have the firepower to go the distance, but a balance needs to be established. Once either offense leans too heavily on the passing game it seems like they unravel. It will be tough for the Giants to establish a ground game in this one, but they should view it as a priority. Like you said, it might be a low scoring affair so winning the TOP will be crucial. But I could also see this game boiling down to turnovers. Should be a good game!
I think Beckham can exploit the Packers secondary a bit as well if Eli has time in the pocket. I think the Giants have a shot against GB but it is a tough out. At any rate, I think this may end up being the best game of WC weekend. The Giants have been good taking the ball away this year but Rodgers rarely turns it over so it could be interesting to watch.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Beckham can exploit the Packers secondary a bit as well if Eli has time in the pocket. I think the Giants have a shot against GB but it is a tough out. At any rate, I think this may end up being the best game of WC weekend. The Giants have been good taking the ball away this year but Rodgers rarely turns it over so it could be interesting to watch.

It will be interesting to see Rodgers and Nelson against a good defense like the Giants. Rodgers has reminded people why many think he's the best QB in the league. But he's got to do that against the Giants.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Giants will play Green Bay if Green Bay wins tonight. If that is the case I don't think the Giants stand much of a chance.
Nope.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli is a good QB, but today you saw the difference between a good QB and a great one.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another fine performance by Eli in the playoffs. HE has been bounced in the first game more times than he has one but he is some GOAT playoff qb. :pound:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another fine performance by Eli in the playoffs. HE has been bounced in the first game more times than he has one but he is some GOAT playoff qb. :pound:

Actually not true now his brother Peyton has 9 one and dones

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Eli Manning, Corky-looking mother fucker!