• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sonny Gray to Reds

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds could have a pretty respectable rotation though the bullpen looks pretty iffy outside of Iglesias. The lineup looks pretty good with CF is the only weak spot (and it may not be an issue if Senzel can handle center). Hopefully Winker's recovered, I love his BA/OBP ablities even if he doesn't end up flashing much power.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds could have a pretty respectable rotation though the bullpen looks pretty iffy outside of Iglesias. The lineup looks pretty good with CF is the only weak spot (and it may not be an issue if Senzel can handle center).

Pen has enough talent to be interesting.

I will reiterate Senzel to 3b and Suarez to ss makes the most sense

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agreed. Reds are a very interesting team going into the season. Fangraphs projects them at just under .500 (79-83), but I think there's considerable upside. I think the Brewers are going to take a step back. Brewers pitching staff projects to regress significantly in 2019 (hell, Fangraphs projects the Reds rotation be worth 4 more WAR than MIL). Also not impressed with their infield outside of Shaw/Grandal. Aguilar had a good 2018, but projections aren't very bullish on him.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bullpens are a crap shoot. If you think you have a good one, it's probably a mistake. Based on 2018, the Reds' bullpen isn't in need of too much upgrade. Some starters from last year will likely go there -- Romano, etc.

Senzel doesn't have to be gifted in CF. He needs to hit and exceed rookie expectations. In 2020, Trammell is projected to be the CF. In the meantime, Scooter just has to be OK at 2B.

I don't think they ever have a serious plan to move Suarez back to SS.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reds could have a pretty respectable rotation though the bullpen looks pretty iffy outside of Iglesias. The lineup looks pretty good with CF is the only weak spot (and it may not be an issue if Senzel can handle center). Hopefully Winker's recovered, I love his BA/OBP ablities even if he doesn't end up flashing much power.

Eh. You might be underselling how iffy it is lol. If it was up to me, Iglesias would be closing every day and night.

Anticipating to rage over blown leads ( and runners left on base too ) like they always do, but should be a fun season.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. Reds are a very interesting team going into the season. Fangraphs projects them at just under .500 (79-83), but I think there's considerable upside. I think the Brewers are going to take a step back. Brewers pitching staff projects to regress significantly in 2019 (hell, Fangraphs projects the Reds rotation be worth 4 more WAR than MIL). Also not impressed with their infield outside of Shaw/Grandal. Aguilar had a good 2018, but projections aren't very bullish on him.

They do get Nelson back. That is huge