• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something to ponder

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. It would have to be Soloman Torres for me, for that last game of the season epic meltdown in 1994.

2. Sure the AJ trade was a bad one, but you want your catcher to be a prick, right? Didn't he annoy the hell out of opposing batters? The signings of Zito and RoRo are by far worse, in my opinion. Heck, he was a left handed catcher who supposedly hit for average and power, with decent defense. Pretty attractive combo, that.

3. Tie- Jim Druckenmiller (just becasue) / Lawrence Phillips (for missing the block that ended Steve Young's career, and for just being a bad human being.

4. Billy Owens (trading for him started the two decade slide) :L

Dude, if you're going to go all Warriors on us, then the Worst Trade In Sports History has to be considered:

Robert Parish + Kevin McHale for
JB Carrol + Russell Cross.

Two HOF players for two afterthoughts....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come to think of it, the worst of the Giants in my lifetime was Crazy Crab. [shudder]

Rep. But he was supposed to be hated. An anti-mascot if you will.

Fucking Lou the Rat is just lame.....

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edgar Renteria...

Wait a sec...

But really, Fred Lewis is probably the guy. Blow-nitez is certainly up there as well as Zito, Rowand and AJackass but after those comments he had on upon his departure killed it for me. Also the fact that he never lived up to be the player he could've been sucks too.

the_broom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't dislike either guy...but the Zito/Rowand contracts are why this team is as bad offensively as it is now. I have no doubt that if Zito wasn't signed the Giants would have scrounged up someone for the #5 slot last year that got Zito's production. Rowand was, in reality, mostly a non-contributor to this team winning last year. Take that money and spend it decently on guys that could hit the last few years and this team would be so much better today...

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dude, if you're going to go all Warriors on us, then the Worst Trade In Sports History has to be considered:

Robert Parish + Kevin McHale for
JB Carrol + Russell Cross.

Two HOF players for two afterthoughts....
I like it tzill. By far the worst trade in the history of the bay area.If we are going to talk bad trades with the Giants then the George Foster for Frank Duffy and Vern Geishert trade would top my Giants list although Gaylord Perry for Sam McDowell is a close 2nd.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't dislike either guy...but the Zito/Rowand contracts are why this team is as bad offensively as it is now. I have no doubt that if Zito wasn't signed the Giants would have scrounged up someone for the #5 slot last year that got Zito's production. Rowand was, in reality, mostly a non-contributor to this team winning last year. Take that money and spend it decently on guys that could hit the last few years and this team would be so much better today...

Wellemeyer? [shudder]