• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something to ponder

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Certainly possible.

The main reason I NEVER get a player-specific jersey.

Although, I wanted to amend my current Jersey to have #10 and the name being "Champs", but it would have cost $75 just to add the lettering to my existing jersey.

What's the age limit on wearing a team jersey? I thought it was 29?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Something else to ponder:

Without the AJ trade, I doubt the Giants suck so bad that they are able to draft Timmy and Posey.....so no championship.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think I have to go with Zito - hate watching that guy pitch. Closely followed by RoRo - hate watching that guy hit, plus he's an oddly shaped human being.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aw, Cam. He might hate some Giants from those awful years in the 70s more, I just wasn't around to hear him scream at the TV.

Well, in the 70s, he (like the rest of us) was likely screaming at the radio, since there were not too many games on TV.

Or, like me, he would pay $8.00 for a nosebleed seat and then go sit in the box seats cuz there were only 2,500 people in the stands.

But I get the point. ;-)

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wise and experienced. Not old. Well, maybe old, too, but still cool. :cool2:

Did the grey hair and bear give me away?

Or was it the fact that I have an autographed baseball with Mike Ivie, Jack Clark, Darrell Evans and Ed Halicki (among others)?

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in the 70s, he (like the rest of us) was likely screaming at the radio, since there were not too many games on TV.

Or, like me, he would pay $8.00 for a nosebleed seat and then go sit in the box seats cuz there were only 2,500 people in the stands.

But I get the point. ;-)

I was at a game in the early 1970's when the attendance was about 600. They may have sold more tickets, but at Candlestick, there were not many folks. We snuck down to the front row down the first base line. And the night games were COLD!

620px-Croix_de_Candlestick.JPG

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was at a game in the early 1970's when the attendance was about 600. They may have sold more tickets, but at Candlestick, there were not many folks. We snuck down to the front row down the first base line. And the night games were COLD!

620px-Croix_de_Candlestick.JPG

I've got 6 of those - and I'm not giving any of them away.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. It would have to be Soloman Torres for me, for that last game of the season epic meltdown in 1994.

2. Sure the AJ trade was a bad one, but you want your catcher to be a prick, right? Didn't he annoy the hell out of opposing batters? The signings of Zito and RoRo are by far worse, in my opinion. Heck, he was a left handed catcher who supposedly hit for average and power, with decent defense. Pretty attractive combo, that.

3. Tie- Jim Druckenmiller (just becasue) / Lawrence Phillips (for missing the block that ended Steve Young's career, and for just being a bad human being.

4. Billy Owens (trading for him started the two decade slide) :L

Gotta blame that on Webber. Webber was bitching about playing center, so the dealt Owens to Miami for Seikly and then Webber bitched that his boy was gone. Dude had NO notion of what a pro was. I was SHOCKED when he came back to the Warriors a few years back. I thought he was done with the org and the org/fans were done with him.

Honorable mention: Donny Marshall. That contract KILLED the org for YEARS. Worse than Zito.

TKellion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Felix Rodriguez the POS reliever who came in game six of the 02 series in the 6th inning with a 5 run lead and couldnt get a single out.Baker making the choice to pull Ortiz was bad enough but putting Felix the gascan Rodriguez in there in his place was what cost him his job.Maybe we win that game if Felix was never a Giant:yuck:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the age limit on wearing a team jersey? I thought it was 29?

Well, I am only 1R, so I have a LONG way to go :)

Seriously, I go decked out every time I go to a game. Dorky or not, I can't imagine it any other way. However, I have retired the glove :)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I have to go with Zito - hate watching that guy pitch. Closely followed by RoRo - hate watching that guy hit, plus he's an oddly shaped human being.

Good for you, then, that he rarely hits. Sure, stand (squats?) at the plate quite often, but RARELY hits...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Felix Rodriguez the POS reliever who came in game six of the 02 series in the 6th inning with a 5 run lead and couldnt get a single out.Baker making the choice to pull Ortiz was bad enough but putting Felix the gascan Rodriguez in there in his place was what cost him his job.Maybe we win that game if Felix was never a Giant:yuck:

Good one. He was almost unhittable in 2001, but that doesn't really make up for the pain he caused that night.