• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Something shady going on in the Mountain West??

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twice in only a few days now we have seen officials in the MW overturn calls in late or end of the game situations. Twice now we have seen calls overturned that end up costing teams the game ( New Mexico losing to SDSU and Boise losing to Colorado St ). The thing is both the overturns were bad, the initial calls were right and officials reviewed them AND THEN MISSED THEM. What is going on in the MW?? Seems REAL shady to me. Review is supposed to be indisputable not overturn right calls. Have you guys seen this at all??

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Boise State/CSU situation. That was real bad. Just awful officiating.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Boise State/CSU situation. That was real bad. Just awful officiating.
Well its one thing to make an overturn where the original call waa probably bad. Even though you aren't supposed to even do THAT. However they have now overturned 2 CORRECT calls. Makes you wonder if something is going on

RaginCajun019

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disclaimer: Boise State fan here

Mountain West Official Statement Regarding Play at the End of First Overtime in the Boise State at Colorado State Men's Basketball Contest | MW News

The Mountain West released an official statement (backing the call) and a video of exactly what the officials used at the replay monitor, complete with their onscreen "stopwatch".

HOWEVER, as you'll notice around the 40-second mark of the video, not only does the clock start early, but it appears to be moving considerably faster than the clock on top of the backboard!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mountain West Official Statement Regarding Play at the End of First Overtime in the Boise State at Colorado State Men's Basketball Contest | MW News

The Mountain West released an official statement (backing the call) and a video of exactly what the officials used at the replay monitor, complete with their onscreen "stopwatch".

HOWEVER, as you'll notice around the 40-second mark of the video, not only does the clock start early, but it appears to be moving considerably faster than the clock on top of the backboard!
ESPN showed the play from different angles and a stopwatch on the play from all angles. In every single instance the shot was off in time. It was just a bogus call

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that our conference has just nose dived since a couple years ago. Just tanked, and our refs are total shit. Embarrassing.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seen this last night and was absolutely perplexed.....

The backboard shot clock does look to start a bit late, but that stopwatch clock also appears to have started before the guy even caught the ball. Pretty shady to me.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seen this last night and was absolutely perplexed.....

The backboard shot clock does look to start a bit late, but that stopwatch clock also appears to have started before the guy even caught the ball. Pretty shady to me.
I mean it's a road game so not like the clock started late on purpose and there's going to be some margin of error there I'm sure if you went back the entire game and checked clock management there would have been more than a little but if time added hell the play right before the shot was an over and back that AT LEAST half a second too much ran off the clock yet they didn't add any of that time back on

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean it's a road game so not like the clock started late on purpose and there's going to be some margin of error there I'm sure if you went back the entire game and checked clock management there would have been more than a little but if time added hell the play right before the shot was an over and back that AT LEAST half a second too much ran off the clock yet they didn't add any of that time back on

Yeah, it seems as if they were gonna use this stop watch method at the end of the game, then you could do that at all points in the game and their would be some differences. I don't like this decision at all.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its one thing to make an overturn where the original call waa probably bad. Even though you aren't supposed to even do THAT. However they have now overturned 2 CORRECT calls. Makes you wonder if something is going on

And to make it even worse they are standing by their decision to NOT follow the rules written in the rulebook.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a few years ago, the Pac and MWC refs combined. If that is the case, then this is clearly the case of normal Pac officiating. Sorry that you have to be a part of this, but it's par for the course in the Pac for years.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a few years ago, the Pac and MWC refs combined. If that is the case, then this is clearly the case of normal Pac officiating. Sorry that you have to be a part of this, but it's par for the course in the Pac for years.
They feel they have to keep up with how bad the PAC football refs are. The standard to be the worst in the nation must be upheld.:gaah:

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched it a half dozen times, same result each time, Boise State won. But it will be a loss, because otherwise, the thing could end up in court, get reversed multiple times, etc. It's best to say that even if the ref erred, which he did, the game is what it is, in this case a loss for my Broncos. The sad thing is that this could be the nail that keeps Boise out of the Dance. Sucks. The team is good this year, just not good enough, hurts to be honest.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA should put all the mountain West teams in the same tournament.....take that whole.bowl game fiasco to another level entirely.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA should put all the mountain West teams in the same tournament.....take that whole.bowl game fiasco to another level entirely.

The MWC should hire Tim Donaghy to straighten out this mess.