• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Someone on Reddit says they have "a Pats story bigger than Edelman" coming

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the Reddit poster admitted it was just a troll job

As promised at 5pm ET, the major patriots story is...

There is no news! I have zero sources. I’m just some random bozo on the internet that was able to fool national media outlets (listed below), into taking me seriously.

Why? To prove journalism in 2018 is an absolute joke. I literally guessed on the Edelman news and when it would be reported. As soon as i saw some random beat writer on twitter say “I’ve got bad news about the patriots”, I took a wild guess about Edelman and posted it to Reddit. Anyways I’m sure the patriots fans here will be a mix of happy there’s nothing negative and anger for being lied to. When I first made the post I thought “oh this will just be funny if it ends up being correct”, and that would be the end of it. But then things changed to be more about trolling the media than you guys...

I wake up the next day to the Edelman news breaking, and NBC’s profootballtalk (among others) writing serious articles about me, speculating that I was an ESPN employee. Even local Boston radio stations were talking about me as if I’m some sort of vigilante. After laughing hysterically for awhile, I decided to see how far I could take this. I thought the best move would be to build hype around a new story coming out, and see if people actually would continue to take me seriously. Sure enough, they have. My inbox has blown up, everything from fans to freelance journalists asking me for tips. All when IM JUST A RANDOM DUDE, I SHOULDN'T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Anyways the point is...national media, do better. Don’t take some random guys word on the internet. Sorry to the people of this sub, but hopefully you’ll get some enjoyment out of the hysteria that this caused.

As promised at 5pm ET, the major patriots story is... • r/Patriots

He's got a point.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the rumor. Now it has gotten into he-said she-said shit which is all rumors actually are.

Falls into the interesting, but probably more guess than anything else category.

The reddit guy himself is apparently a troll. Some others have semi-corroborated and others have not.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the rumor. Now it has gotten into he-said she-said shit which is all rumors actually are.

Falls into the interesting, but probably more guess than anything else category.

The reddit guy himself is apparently a troll. Some others have semi-corroborated and others have not.
but this troll broke the edelman story, hes gotta know things

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the Reddit poster admitted it was just a troll job

As promised at 5pm ET, the major patriots story is...

There is no news! I have zero sources. I’m just some random bozo on the internet that was able to fool national media outlets (listed below), into taking me seriously.

Why? To prove journalism in 2018 is an absolute joke. I literally guessed on the Edelman news and when it would be reported. As soon as i saw some random beat writer on twitter say “I’ve got bad news about the patriots”, I took a wild guess about Edelman and posted it to Reddit. Anyways I’m sure the patriots fans here will be a mix of happy there’s nothing negative and anger for being lied to. When I first made the post I thought “oh this will just be funny if it ends up being correct”, and that would be the end of it. But then things changed to be more about trolling the media than you guys...

I wake up the next day to the Edelman news breaking, and NBC’s profootballtalk (among others) writing serious articles about me, speculating that I was an ESPN employee. Even local Boston radio stations were talking about me as if I’m some sort of vigilante. After laughing hysterically for awhile, I decided to see how far I could take this. I thought the best move would be to build hype around a new story coming out, and see if people actually would continue to take me seriously. Sure enough, they have. My inbox has blown up, everything from fans to freelance journalists asking me for tips. All when IM JUST A RANDOM DUDE, I SHOULDN'T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Anyways the point is...national media, do better. Don’t take some random guys word on the internet. Sorry to the people of this sub, but hopefully you’ll get some enjoyment out of the hysteria that this caused.

As promised at 5pm ET, the major patriots story is... • r/Patriots

He took a wild guess on Edelman the day before the news comes out, man that is some lucky coincidence.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yeah im serious, i think this troll knows something, u dont get lucky about edelman, hes hiding shit now

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are the Patriots with some digging you can find the source

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, think BB sent his thugs after him to get em
Nah. I increasingly don't think this has much to do with the other. Gronk being on the block can be parallel to anything that happened today. People started digging, sharing, or made up things apparently afterwards.

Best guess is nothing happens.

Have teams entertained offer for Gronk? Almost certainly?

Have the Pats listened at some point? Plausible.

Is any trade imminent? Highly unlikely right now