• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Someone on Reddit says they have "a Pats story bigger than Edelman" coming

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If all this is true and that's an IF I'd say this will be BB's last year as coach.

This will be "allegedly" the 2nd time Kraft stepped in for Brady and I don't think a guy like BB is going to put up with it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady, Gronk and Edelman have been shooting roids into each other's dicks, while Belicheck and Kraft snort rails off of the hip-bone of a life-sized Roger Goodell, cardboard cut-out.

Video to be released via Larrybrownsports.com

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fans enjoy your minor victory today of keep Gronk and Brady together, because you face an uncertain future
Aint that the truth.
I desperately want to stall going back to the "bad old days" as long as possible.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would seriously be fucking great if it were some crazy-ass, seedy shit with Brady...like. "Brady ousted as head of sex-trafficking operation, and is also the lead suspect in the hooker serial-killer case....and in his spare time, he clubs baby seals for sport."

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 445.01
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see... Brady gets trade for Gronk nixed... BB is not happy as he has an entire team to manage, not just one guy that is near the end... gets ticked off enough that he is thinking about resigning... decides he will get something lined up with the Jets before telling Kraft to EAD... and once his ducks are in a row...resigns from Pats, takes a FO job with Jets and 1 year later he's coach and GM of the J. E. T. S. Jets, Jets, Jets.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what the Pats put out there last time scandal broke out.

In short- don't believe them when they say something isn't true for the same reasons you don't believe everything you read.

Statements From Patriots, Don Yee
i
The Patriots issued a joint statement from Chairman/CEO Robert Kraft, coach Bill Belichick and quarterback Tom Brady after the ESPN.com story was published:

"For the past 18 years, the three of us have enjoyed a very good and productive working relationship. In recent days, there have been multiple media reports that have speculated theories that are unsubstantiated, highly exaggerated or flat out inaccurate. The three of us share a common goal. We look forward to the enormous challenge of competing in the postseason and the opportunity to work together in the future, just as we have for the past 18 years. It is unfortunate that there is even a need for us to respond to these fallacies. As our actions have shown, we stand united."

Statement from Brady's agent Don Yee:

"I don't really know what to say; it's tough to have a response since it didn't appear to me to have one on-the-record quote. All I can suggest is don't believe everything you read."

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Way too much smoke for me to believe there wasn't truth to it.

And of course everyone is going to deny what was about to go down. Nobody in that organization is going to say "Yeah that was totally about to go down until Brady threaten to retire over it."

Teams make sense as well with the Titans having ties to the Pats and the 9ers already establishing a close working relationship with the Pats.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the Reddit poster admitted it was just a troll job

As promised at 5pm ET, the major patriots story is...

There is no news! I have zero sources. I’m just some random bozo on the internet that was able to fool national media outlets (listed below), into taking me seriously.

Why? To prove journalism in 2018 is an absolute joke. I literally guessed on the Edelman news and when it would be reported. As soon as i saw some random beat writer on twitter say “I’ve got bad news about the patriots”, I took a wild guess about Edelman and posted it to Reddit. Anyways I’m sure the patriots fans here will be a mix of happy there’s nothing negative and anger for being lied to. When I first made the post I thought “oh this will just be funny if it ends up being correct”, and that would be the end of it. But then things changed to be more about trolling the media than you guys...

I wake up the next day to the Edelman news breaking, and NBC’s profootballtalk (among others) writing serious articles about me, speculating that I was an ESPN employee. Even local Boston radio stations were talking about me as if I’m some sort of vigilante. After laughing hysterically for awhile, I decided to see how far I could take this. I thought the best move would be to build hype around a new story coming out, and see if people actually would continue to take me seriously. Sure enough, they have. My inbox has blown up, everything from fans to freelance journalists asking me for tips. All when IM JUST A RANDOM DUDE, I SHOULDN'T BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY.

Anyways the point is...national media, do better. Don’t take some random guys word on the internet. Sorry to the people of this sub, but hopefully you’ll get some enjoyment out of the hysteria that this caused.

As promised at 5pm ET, the major patriots story is... • r/Patriots

Last edited:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats fans enjoy your minor victory today of keep Gronk and Brady together, because you face an uncertain future
I think most teams wish their future could be that "uncertain"

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too much smoke for me to believe there wasn't truth to it.

And of course everyone is going to deny what was about to go down. Nobody in that organization is going to say "Yeah that was totally about to go down until Brady threaten to retire over it."

Teams make sense as well with the Titans having ties to the Pats and the 9ers already establishing a close working relationship with the Pats.
Even if the Reddit guy is a troll, there has been other stuff since then as actual in-the-know people went digging.

Nobody said the match had to be the cause of oil barrels being in place, after all.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
IF this story is true I'd say Kraft needs to stop Brady from walking all over him and tanking the future of the team.

The Pats could've had Jimmy G in place for the next 10+ years, traded Gronk when his value is as high as it's going to get, and purged a lot of the unhappy elements in their locker room.

Now you have a 41 year old QB that's unhappy with the coach, a coach that's unhappy with the QB and likely the owner, an unhappy star TE that knew he was about to be traded, and now you're going to have to deal with the nonstop talk of trouble in paradise all year.