• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Someone has to go

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the three announced contract signings the Flyers are at 50 contracts AND the cap.

Can you say buhBye to someone? I know you can....but who is your leading candidate and what comes back this way?:think:

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I think this pretty much confirms that either Leighton or Bob will be gone for a draft pick...but I still think that Homer has something else in the works.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 6 goalies right now: Bryz, Bob, Leighton, Hovinen, Backlund, and Bacashihua.
I'd say Backlund, and 1 of Leighton, Bob are gone if not both of them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my guess is homer is looking at trading carle and bob for a high value young d-man.. someone like shea weber, or drew doughty, but not quite as high profile

perhaps bogosian in winnipeg? doesn't really work for the jets considering pav is bob's age and a better goalie.. but someone like that

i think thats what homer is looking for, what i think he'll end up doing is bob for a 1st rounder

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 6 goalies right now: Bryz, Bob, Leighton, Hovinen, Backlund, and Bacashihua.
I'd say Backlund, and 1 of Leighton, Bob are gone if not both of them.

problem is you cant just get rid of players cause you want to.. the flyers are stuck with leighton unless they plan on doing another 2nd round pick + leighton for brent johnson.. or something like that (think upshall+2 for carcillo)

backlund is the same way, nobody wants him, the additional contract, or his salary.. he's pretty much worthless

bob is the only one with value.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my guess is homer is looking at trading carle and bob for a high value young d-man.. someone like shea weber, or drew doughty, but not quite as high profile

perhaps bogosian in winnipeg? doesn't really work for the jets considering pav is bob's age and a better goalie.. but someone like that

i think thats what homer is looking for, what i think he'll end up doing is bob for a 1st rounder

Can we steal Karlsson from the Sens?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why on God's green earth did we even sign Bacashihua? Yes, he's a former 1st round pick, but he's about to turn 29 and he's never amounted to anything significant.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give permission to trade Bob when the Bruins trade Rask

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz is here for at least 6 years. Bob isn't going to back-up Bryz for 6 years.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we steal Karlsson from the Sens?

thats an interesting one.. i think they would do that, they could use someone to bring in when anderson is done.. he's what, 35?

i wonder if karlsson is worth bob and carle.. maybe they would have to throw in a pick?

edit: some quick research.. anderson is only 31 which might decrease the sens desire to get bob.. and karlsson scored 45 points in 75 games, which would make him the flyers highest scoring d-man last year

in other words, if the sens would do bob+carle for karlsson, i'd do it.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
THey have plenty of cap room after demoting a few guys. Leighton can't possibly fit into this team's plans at all. Especially with Bob still here for now. You can also move some of the contracts that are career minor leaguers too. That happens all the time. 50 contracts doesn't mean you have to move a proven vet to keep a nobody.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is how I'm leaning also.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my guess is that homer will continue to sign above the allowed amount of contracts until he is forced to deal some legit talent to a team who knows we are in trouble, for a bag of beans and a taco bell 12 pack.

....im angry today lol

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz is here for at least 6 years. Bob isn't going to back-up Bryz for 6 years.

No guarantees that Bryz is the starter here for 6 years. Hell, there's no guarantee that he'll still be good in 3. I think we need to do as much as possible (within reason, obviously) to keep Bob.

PhillyFate48

Pimp by blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my guess is that homer will continue to sign above the allowed amount of contracts until he is forced to deal some legit talent to a team who knows we are in trouble, for a bag of beans and a taco bell 12 pack.

....im angry today lol

Burrito supremes are only 99 cents!:hungry:

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I realize that the 50 contracts is not the same kind of hard figure as the cap. Also, in the offseason you can go over the cap by up to 10%. All of that said, looking at what is happening, signing up to the 50 contract limit, up to the cap....it means something/someone is going to have to move. Yes, Leighton is not in anyone's real plans. Yes, Kalinski and Walker will not see the light of day...most likely....but they are still under contract...meaning one of the 50 spots. And the money on those contracts counts against the cap NOW. Meaning any moves to improve the organizational depth and NHL depth will require making additional moves and not just signing a contract. That is the point...who goes....Leighton, Walker, Shelley....where? You can't count on assigning them to the AHL since you can't do that in the offseason because of the CBA.