• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Someone has to go

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I realize that the 50 contracts is not the same kind of hard figure as the cap. Also, in the offseason you can go over the cap by up to 10%. All of that said, looking at what is happening, signing up to the 50 contract limit, up to the cap....it means something/someone is going to have to move. Yes, Leighton is not in anyone's real plans. Yes, Kalinski and Walker will not see the light of day...most likely....but they are still under contract...meaning one of the 50 spots. And the money on those contracts counts against the cap NOW. Meaning any moves to improve the organizational depth and NHL depth will require making additional moves and not just signing a contract. That is the point...who goes....Leighton, Walker, Shelley....where? You can't count on assigning them to the AHL since you can't do that in the offseason because of the CBA.

Leighton is the most likely of those three to get moved. Say what you want about the guy, but he's proven that he can step in and be solid in spot duty. There's always a team or two looking for a backup goalie.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leighton is the most likely of those three to get moved. Say what you want about the guy, but he's proven that he can step in and be solid in spot duty. There's always a team or two looking for a backup goalie.

not one that has back problems and a 1.55 cap hit..

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No guarantees that Bryz is the starter here for 6 years. Hell, there's no guarantee that he'll still be good in 3. I think we need to do as much as possible (within reason, obviously) to keep Bob.

yupp

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my guess is homer is looking at trading carle and bob for a high value young d-man.. someone like shea weber, or drew doughty, but not quite as high profile

perhaps bogosian in winnipeg? doesn't really work for the jets considering pav is bob's age and a better goalie.. but someone like that

i think thats what homer is looking for, what i think he'll end up doing is bob for a 1st rounder

I could see him moving for a defensemen, but I dont think he would be going for anybody ready at this time, more of a decent prospect. With size, please.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob stays and Shelley goes bye-bye. Time to bring up Sestito.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gone for a few days and all kinds of new discussions pop up.

Well Homer fucked up in my opinion here because what he should have been doing all along was include a player we don't want in any trade we made. So when we did trade Richie, Carts and Steeg each one of them should have one of the following players attached Shitty, Walker and Leights. I'm sure columbus would like a locker room presence like Shitty, Florida needed to hit the cap floor at the time and had no goalie so Leights could have gone there, getting LA to take Walker may have been more challenging but Homer should have said if you want Richie you take Walker too.

It's not like that process is new to the NHL or GM's. It usually works out if your getting something good you're either giving up too much or getting something bad as well.