• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some Stafford news, too

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this board.

I'm going over to the Levy thread and post something about Stafford.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnson was a beast last year. I would trade 2 Jason Jones' for him
Would you trade Ngata and that third we got in exchange for the only HOF caliber defensive player any of us have seen in a Lions uni during our lifetime?

Jones is just a rotational guy, like Johnson. They can do well when surrounded with talent. Won't when they aren't.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say our regular third rounder, but we got a rookie who isn't good enough to even dress in exchange for that pick.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation. I'm pretty sure nothing will be 'done' about Stafford until the Lions hire a new GM.

That Twitter report from nerd head was obvious. Of course Stafford's future is "very much in doubt". His boss just got fired. They make it sound like Stafford's future lies in the hands of the current regime (or what's left of it).

His future is in doubt by default. The new GM could be thrilled to have him. IMO, just because Caldwell, Lombardi and Mayhew broke him, doesn't mean he can't be fixed by a competent staff. I'd rather see that happen here than in Denver.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you trade Ngata and that third we got in exchange for the only HOF caliber defensive player any of us have seen in a Lions uni during our lifetime?

Jones is just a rotational guy, like Johnson. They can do well when surrounded with talent. Won't when they aren't.

If it means saving 12-14 million a year on the DT position then yes. I would rather spend that money on a CB to replace Mathis.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say our regular third rounder, but we got a rookie who isn't good enough to even dress in exchange for that pick.

Yeah I was not crazy about the pick either. Wright could have been had in the 4th. He is more of a project IMO. Was good 2 years ago, but went awry after that.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Twitter report from nerd head was obvious. Of course Stafford's future is "very much in doubt". His boss just got fired. They make it sound like Stafford's future lies in the hands of the current regime (or what's left of it).

His future is in doubt by default. The new GM could be thrilled to have him. IMO, just because Caldwell, Lombardi and Mayhew broke him, doesn't mean he can't be fixed by a competent staff. I'd rather see that happen here than in Denver.

Wait, I thought it was Schwartz and Linehan who broke him, and that Caldwell, Lombardi and Jim Bob were brought in to fix him. ?

No one broke Stafford. He's always been (since long before joining the Lions) an inaccurate, inconsistent QB who can throw the hell out of the ball. That's just who he is. He's Jeff George.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was not crazy about the pick either. Wright could have been had in the 4th. He is more of a project IMO. Was good 2 years ago, but went awry after that.
Stuff like that drove me nuts from Mayhew.

He loved damaged goods and "projects". Meanwhile, other teams plug holes and keep on trucking.

GB has what, 10-11 players on their roster that they didn't draft? And a fullback that nobody bothered to draft, since he's a fullback.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy did not get that much. He did not get much more than what we will save from Tulloch+Mathis.
It's ridiculous that Tully is even on this team. He's terrible now.

Should have cut bait and kept that HOFer with the money.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it means saving 12-14 million a year on the DT position then yes. I would rather spend that money on a CB to replace Mathis.

If it was that easy, we'd never have Mathis to begin with. You don't lose your best guys assuming you can just replace their impact with the money saved.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, I thought it was Schwartz and Linehan who broke him, and that Caldwell, Lombardi and Jim Bob were brought in to fix him. ?

No one broke Stafford. He's always been (since long before joining the Lions) an inaccurate, inconsistent QB who can throw the hell out of the ball. That's just who he is. He's Jeff George.

Maybe. But he's also tough as nails, has a million dollar arm and has lots of NFL experience at age 28, or whatever he is now. I'm convinced he'd had succeeded elsewhere and prob would still if let go.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude looks lost out here..... Getting pancake blocked 1 on 1 and whatnot

Might help if he kept his head up. He just blindly pushes forward. Doesn't use his hands well at all.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is broke from the top down.....That means Martha all the way down to Stafford......Can't fix Stafford until you fix managment........Can't fix Stafford until you fix the Organization......With that said....Sure get rid of Stafford, then have Who? for QB? Just a train wreck that will take years to un screw........This isn't a one or two year fix.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is broke from the top down.....That means Martha all the way down to Stafford......Can't fix Stafford until you fix managment........Can't fix Stafford until you fix the Organization......With that said....Sure get rid of Stafford, then have Who? for QB? Just a train wreck that will take years to un screw........This isn't a one or two year fix.

What a Debbie Downer.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Martha has twice as much balls as old Willy Wonka did. One season of shit and heads rolled. It took Willie about 8-10 years of shit to see change.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude looks lost out here..... Getting pancake blocked 1 on 1 and whatnot

That's what pro coaching is for. I love his raw talent. Seen a lot of Baylor this year and he's a difference maker. He's not a top 5 guy, but he'd make a great second pick.