• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some Stafford news, too

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@rapsheet

The future beyond 2015 for #Lions QB Matthew Stafford is very much in doubt, as I understand it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New regimes mean new QBs.

Denver, Dallas, Houston, Jets, Browns, Rams. Plenty of takers looking for a QB.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew and Lewand leave their mark again if that happens. Paying $11 million against the cap for a player not in Detroit. Some reason a new regime tries to clear the books. Stafford and CJ both would cost $23 million in dead money. Which is half of the $46 if they both stay.

Tulloch will be gone saving 6 million no matter what happens. Don't see any GM keeping him around. Not even if PFF says he worth it... lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to see a deal where we get value enough in exchange for Staff to make it worth dealing him.

Maybe a third prior to the draft. Maybe. Don't see any of those teams giving up a second rounder.

I'd rather we keep all of our players that aren't old and don't completely suck.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to see a deal where we get value enough in exchange for Staff to make it worth dealing him.

Maybe a third prior to the draft. Maybe. Don't see any of those teams giving up a second rounder.

I'd rather we keep all of our players that aren't old and don't completely suck.

This is that area old lion and myself are speaking of "that it can get worse". Of course change was needed. Is it the right change? His big does the next regime blow it up before moving forward?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is that area old lion and myself are speaking of "that it can get worse". Of course change was needed. Is it the right change? His big does the next regime blow it up before moving forward?
Fuck yes it's the right change.

The pimple face kid that never gets my order right at BK got fired. Mayhew was overdue.

I don't even know what Lewand did. Fucker was a money manager, and we couldn't even franchise tag our best player.

Next GM only needs to be the third worst GM in franchise history and he'll be the best at the job this Millenium.

Don't remember you saying it can get worse....

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mayhew has been running things for fifteen years. Of course it was the right move, no matter what the future holds.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next GM only needs to be the third worst GM in franchise history and he'll be the best at the job this Millenium.

Did you make a pun there? Millenium?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neumannium.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck yes it's the right change.

The pimple face kid that never gets my order right at BK got fired. Mayhew was overdue.

I don't even know what Lewand did. Fucker was a money manager, and we couldn't even franchise tag our best player.

Was it the right move as in who replaces them. I said it was needed.

Hell yes them being fired was right. Was replacing Millen with Mayhew the right change? Obviously not. Just firing them doesn't make it better. Cleveland keeps getting it wrong.

Third best doesn't guarantee wins.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it the right move as in who replaces them. I said it was needed.

Hell yes them being fired was right. Was replacing Millen with Mayhew the right change? Obviously not. Just firing them doesn't make it better. Cleveland keeps getting it wrong.

Third best doesn't guarantee wins.
It definitely doesn't guarentee wins.

But Granmaw didn't name Xanders GM today. That was refreshing.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely doesn't guarentee wins.

But Granmaw didn't name Xanders GM today. That was refreshing.

I kept hearing she spoke with Goddell in England. Now they're saying she was speaking with him about the research services for new GM's. Never trust media, but that would tell me she had these intentions a week or more ago.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation. I'm pretty sure nothing will be 'done' about Stafford until the Lions hire a new GM.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the only worry I have of replacing Mayhew is this. Why he is better than Millen without a doubt. Are we guaranteed the next guy the Ford's hire will be better? Just because they are new means nothing. Mayhew was new to his role. While he has made a better roster. That roster he inherited had only one way to go. I just wondered if he has reached his peak?

I will take my chances on a new guy. As I feel he is doing better than in his first few years. Is he really the guy that is no more than a mediocre GM?

Mayhew evolving thread after I was successful in getting Meow to repeatedly praise Mayhew. I started reverted back to fire Mayhew thoughts. TP screwed all up and had Meow blow up at the end and give up on all his Mayhew love.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford and CJ both would cost $23 million in dead money. Which is half of the $46 if they both stay.

Stafford and Calvin both had big years before the last year on their contract. I would let Stafford earn his pay check, but I wouldn't give him top dollar on a contract extension in 2017.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speculation. I'm pretty sure nothing will be 'done' about Stafford until the Lions hire a new GM.

Calvin too. They'll be the first two whose futures will be decided. I'd see about getting some money back from that faker Levy too. He's gonna be running a 6 sec forty the rest of his career.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calvin too. They'll be the first two whose futures will be decided. I'd see about getting some money back from that faker Levy too. He's gonna be running a 6 sec forty the rest of his career.

You read about injury settlements a lot. Albeit usually with small time players. He comes back and passes a physical, not sure the team can do much? He might run a 6.2, but still get paid.

I agree though, that a new GM or even the current sit-ins should check into when what and where on Levy's situation.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You read about injury settlements a lot. Albeit usually with small time players. He comes back and passes a physical, not sure the team can do much? He might run a 6.2, but still get paid.

I agree though, that a new GM or even the current sit-ins should check into when what and where on Levy's situation.

Levy's contract will prove to be Mayhew's last great fuck up in a year where he fucked up a lot, losing Suh, failing to pick up Fairley's 5th year, and getting goaded into taking Ngata off the Ravens hands. Everything Schwartz did over his time here that helped us build an identity, Mayhew destroyed in one off season. And it cost him his job.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The potpourri of DTs are giving more production here than Fairley is beside Donald. Much cheaper for more results. IMO that's the one move he got right. Fairley can be lumped in with the second round busts. Might not even see him on a roster in 2017. If he is it will be a rotational league minimum type. He is doing nothing to warrant he was worth 5 million there. Certainly not 9 million in Detroit.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The potpourri of DTs are giving more production here than Fairley is beside Donald. Much cheaper for more results.

lol silverlinings of a 1-7 start. At least were losing w cheap players. :lol: