• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some sad news to pass on - RIP Bossman

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, definitely not what I expected to see when I came on here right now. I was actually going to comment about all the craziness going on with the Sabres over the past few days, and to see what Boss thought of the whole thing, but this news makes that trivial by comparison.

It's almost surreal how we can communicate with someone over the computer, yet never once think that something like this could happen. It's like that person isn't "real" because all you see it just a bunch of typed words laid out in front of you on a monitor, and the reality gets blurred to the point that you think it will just go on forever like that.

I really don't know what to say. I never really knew him outside of cyber space, yet my sadness burdens me just the same as if I did. I offer my deepest condolences to his family for their loss. Steve was a very passionate sports fans, and his kindness and patience was felt and appreciated by all he communicated with on here.

Steve was almost a Father figure of sorts to a lot of people on here. Even when he was trying to correct you, or "yell" at you, he always did it in a way that seemed like a Dad would do when teaching a son or daughter. If he ever felt like he crossed a line, he would immediately take it upon himself to reach out and apologize, and make sure everything was alright.

He would always PM me to ask how I was doing, and would ask about my kids as well. I'm going to miss that. I don't think I appreciated that small gesture as much as I do right now, and I'm going to miss our talks with one another. He truly had a large heart, and his compassion and kindness for others was remarkable. Not many people you talk to online are as special as he was.

They say that the 2 greatest things in life are to love and be loved, and I can say with great certainty that Steve had both in spades. I just wished he could have seen a Championship before he passed, but I know he's up there somewhere cheering just as loud and proud as ever.

Rest In Peace, Steve........you will be missed, but never forgotten.

XmIaX9j.jpg

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IPW, I guess you never got my email a while back, summoning you?

I emailed kenyg as well...I hope she shows up.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice words IPW, you described Boss to the letter.

kenyg54

Only sane person out here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh my God!! First time I have been on here in at least 6 months, and I run into this. I now officially feel like shit.

He and I had such great cyber times going back to the ESPN days. He was always the calming force. Yet such a gentleman, hockey intelligence beyond belief. I was in Buffalo for Wings/Sabres last November, made a feeble attempt at contacting him, something told me to, I wished that something would have told me to try harder.

I'm at work, I need to let this sink in. It just amazes me how hearing about the loss of someone that you really never met in person can cause such grief. Shows you what a great person/man he was.

CRAP!!!

Ho_Brah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am speechless. I haven't been here in quite awhile, and seeing this on here just blew my mind. I am deeply saddened by this news and condolences to those who were close to him on here and also to his family. A hui hou Bossman, rest in peace.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shock of losing Bossman has passed but now I am really starting to miss him. When someone I know passes, I always get this strange feeling that I just cant grasp. Where is he? Where are all of my friends and family who have passed? I want to tell them what I should have when they were still here. I don't think Steve ever knew how much he really helped me or how much I truly appreciated it and I want to tell him. I want him to know. Really know!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLY TAMPA DILDOS, BATMAN! WB Postmaster!

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve was a huge piece of the NHL board. I can't even count how many people who were unsure of making the transition from ESPN to this board until Bossman did. His legacy lives on in all of us and the success of this board. RIP

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy_the_Tongue

Walks Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve was a huge piece of the NHL board. I can't even count how many people who were unsure of making the transition from ESPN to this board until Bossman did. His legacy lives on in all of us and the success of this board. RIP

Count me in as one in this category....I followed Boss and Dash....as my real boss always said...you attached yout horse to the right wagon..

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn,t know him but its always sad to lose a good poster. My condolences to his family.