• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some positive news and yet......

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe players have signed here simply to get paid. I'm beginning to wonder if that's bled over into coaching.
Personally, I believe this happened awhile ago. Like pre Shanahan.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes statistically defensive poor teams have some influence by world record shattering poor offenses.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing making it appear the defense is better is their showing against a shitty Philly team. If things don't change though, the defense will be right back in the bottom 1/4 of the league stat-wise.

I thought we finally got back to having NFL-level coaching with RR, Del Rio, Harris etc. I don't know WTF to think anymore. I believe players have signed here simply to get paid. I'm beginning to wonder if that's bled over into coaching.
could be

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than a could be. At present the Skins are allowing 28.4 pt per game. 22nd ranked in the league. Take out out the Philly game and goes up to 31.2 pt per game n 28th ranked.

They are allowing 129.5 rushing yards per game at 4,2 per pop n 8 rush TDs. Take out the Philly game and it jumps to 147.7 per game at 4.3 a pop and 8 TDs,

3rd dn conv Philly they held em to 5/14 on 3rd for 35% n 0/2 on 4th for 0%
3rd dn conv Ari 7/17 41% on 4th dn 2/2 100%
3rddn conv Cle 5/14 35% on 4th dn 1/1 100%
3rd dn conv Balt 5/11 45% on 4th dn 2/2 100%
3rd dn conv LA 6/15 40% on 4th dn 0/1 0%

The Skins have 15 sacks for the season. 8 sacks in the Philly game. 7 sacks total in the other 4 games.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than a could be. At present the Skins are allowing 28.4 pt per game. 22nd ranked in the league. Take out out the Philly game and goes up to 31.2 pt per game n 28th ranked.

They are allowing 129.5 rushing yards per game at 4,2 per pop n 8 rush TDs. Take out the Philly game and it jumps to 147.7 per game at 4.3 a pop and 8 TDs,

The Skins have 15 sacks for the season. 8 sacks in the Philly game. 7 sacks total in the other 4 games.
well i said could be after 5 games . let the season play out some . i bet we do well vs crappy teams and stink vs good ones because we suck on the back end

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe this is a very key post. Take away the Philly game and the D has been bad. This speaks to the entire defense, not just one or two players.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe this is a very key post. Take away the Philly game and the D has been bad. This speaks to the entire defense, not just one or two players.
if we are going to take away games lets take away the rams or browns or ravens ? . i think a fair assessment of this defense is we are middle of the pack . good offenses will school us , bad ones wont .

i think we are better then last season but not at the level of the hype we had this off season . no offseason doesnt just hurt the qb , it hurts everything else too

and JDR has to see what he has too as far as talent

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the full story of the season is written yet. They are still new in JDRs defense or that is what I am hoping.

Some plays like the Brooks TD happen to everyone. I saw a similar play in the Saints/Chargers game. A CB dropped a WR and the safety wasn't there boom ... long TD.

Yes breed was cherry picking but I agreed. In 80% of the games the D hasn't been very good. I think it will show a little better over the next 7 weeks. Dallas will probably where the D out but we should score 30 or more against them ... right? :thumb:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we are going to take away games lets take away the rams or browns or ravens ? . i think a fair assessment of this defense is we are middle of the pack . good offenses will school us , bad ones wont .

i think we are better then last season but not at the level of the hype we had this off season . no offseason doesnt just hurt the qb , it hurts everything else too

and JDR has to see what he has too as far as talent

You can do that and Sportster isn't wrong about the cherry picking far as the Philly game. Though I think a more correct term for the Philly game would be anomaly. Despite what the stats say. I'd opine middle of the pack is a very generous assessment.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can do that and Sportster isn't wrong about the cherry picking far as the Philly game. Though I think a more correct term for the Philly game would be anomaly. Despite what the stats say. I'd opine middle of the pack is a very generous assessment.
Agreed

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the rank 15 Th, and were 7th before they rams while they were (30th last year . I think middle of the pack is about right . Will it stay that way ? Highly doubt it but remember most of these guys were in the 3-4 last year and are only 5 games into the 4-3 . I think in the end it will be near middle of the pack

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-4 was the base package last year but played less than 50% of the time. Most everyone has played a fair amount of 4-3.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the rank 15 Th, and were 7th before they rams while they were (30th last year . I think middle of the pack is about right . Will it stay that way ? Highly doubt it but remember most of these guys were in the 3-4 last year and are only 5 games into the 4-3 . I think in the end it will be near middle of the pack

Look, dad. I'm not trying to argue with you or be contentious or anything and I agree with you. With no preseason, no OTAs and Del Rio being in his 1st year. There will be breakdowns and the like. At the same time though a very reasonable argument can be made that the 2020 defense looks an awful lot like the 2019 defense, the 2018 defense etc.

Not knowing or playing in a particular defense can also be a contributing factor. Now I don't know about the LBs, but I believe most of the DL, Young, Sweat and the Bama boys are pretty familiar with the 43 defense. Far as the pass defense goes. I don't care what type of defense is being played and that goes for DBs playing in man or zone. A FS and even the SS if he's in deep pass coverage simply cannot let a WR or TE just run right past them while they stand there with a thumb up their ass. And while I've seen it happen every week to this team or that team. It happens to WFT every week.

I do believe the run defense is better this year than of the recent past. In two of the games the defense has faced two great running QBs in Jackson and Murray and both hurt the defense especially Murray. I thought they did a decent job against Cleveland's 2 headed attack till they eventually wore down in the 2nd half and LA gained close to a 1/3 or so of their rushing total on one play. Also the offense has done almost nothing to help the defense particularly in the 2nd half neither has the 2nd half coaching. The 2nd half offensive play and coaching or lack thereof was extremely evident against the Rams.

And that is the thing that is most upsetting imo. I know RR has to be going through some rough patches with his cancer treatments and the like. But it seems as if everything he said he would do has been bullshit. I read that Fuller played quite a bit of FS last year with KC and our CBs imo have been alright playing-wise. RR spoke on versatility being a valuable player asset before the season. If that's the case and Fuller has some FS experience. Why not try him there and sit Apke's ass down?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, dad. I'm not trying to argue with you or be contentious or anything and I agree with you. With no preseason, no OTAs and Del Rio being in his 1st year. There will be breakdowns and the like. At the same time though a very reasonable argument can be made that the 2020 defense looks an awful lot like the 2019 defense, the 2018 defense etc.

Not knowing or playing in a particular defense can also be a contributing factor. Now I don't know about the LBs, but I believe most of the DL, Young, Sweat and the Bama boys are pretty familiar with the 43 defense. Far as the pass defense goes. I don't care what type of defense is being played and that goes for DBs playing in man or zone. A FS and even the SS if he's in deep pass coverage simply cannot let a WR or TE just run right past them while they stand there with a thumb up their ass. And while I've seen it happen every week to this team or that team. It happens to WFT every week.

I do believe the run defense is better this year than of the recent past. In two of the games the defense has faced two great running QBs in Jackson and Murray and both hurt the defense especially Murray. I thought they did a decent job against Cleveland's 2 headed attack till they eventually wore down in the 2nd half and LA gained close to a 1/3 or so of their rushing total on one play. Also the offense has done almost nothing to help the defense particularly in the 2nd half neither has the 2nd half coaching. The 2nd half offensive play and coaching or lack thereof was extremely evident against the Rams.

And that is the thing that is most upsetting imo. I know RR has to be going through some rough patches with his cancer treatments and the like. But it seems as if everything he said he would do has been bullshit. I read that Fuller played quite a bit of FS last year with KC and our CBs imo have been alright playing-wise. RR spoke on versatility being a valuable player asset before the season. If that's the case and Fuller has some FS experience. Why not try him there and sit Apke's ass down?

I don’t think you are arguing with me . Sorry if it came across that way. Your points are very valid