• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some positive news and yet......

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that can't escape the dark hole that is the Washington Football Team

Matt Ioannidis was finally getting some proper recognition for his quiet yet steady ascension into becoming the Skins top interior lineman and one of the best in the league. Get healthy Ironman. We could use you and 10 to 20 more like you.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that can't escape the dark hole that is the Washington Football Team

Matt Ioannidis was finally getting some proper recognition for his quiet yet steady ascension into becoming the Skins top interior lineman and one of the best in the league. Get healthy Ironman. We could use you and 10 to 20 more like you.

coach says he sucks

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone noticed that the refs are letting the offensive tackles get off the ball a fraction of a second early this year???

seems like the skins aren’t taking advantage of this leniency like the other teams

Interesting. I thought I saw at least a couple instances in a few games, but can't say I've seen it happen habitually. Some other poster mentioned that a lot more holding is taking place as well. Can't say I've seen that either. What I have seen though and it pisses me the fuck off. Is that bullshit leading with the helmet nonsense giving an offense an auto 1st dn and and an additional 15 yards. Making me think I need to start back up with one of my old rants. That being remove the fuckin helmet from the uniform and that will eliminate using the helmet as a weapon literally overnight.

Skins2021deux

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I thought I saw at least a couple instances in a few games, but can't say I've seen it happen habitually. Some other poster mentioned that a lot more holding is taking place as well. Can't say I've seen that either. What I have seen though and it pisses me the fuck off. Is that bullshit leading with the helmet nonsense giving an offense an auto 1st dn and and an additional 15 yards. Making me think I need to start back up with one of my old rants. That being remove the fuckin helmet from the uniform and that will eliminate using the helmet as a weapon literally overnight.
I’ve watched a ton of football this year, why the hell did I wait so long to FanDuel? Fanduel is amazing

but I’ve been watching a ton this year and have noticed a trend across the board. I’ve asked a couple of my friends yesterday if they were noticing it as well and they agreed too

I’m cool with it TBH. These guys coming into the league are freak pass rushers. Got to keep the QBs healthy

Regarding the targeting penalties it is way too subjective. Sometimes I’m like absolutely and other times blaming refs for ruining the nfl

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve watched a ton of football this year, why the hell did I wait so long to FanDuel? Fanduel is amazing

but I’ve been watching a ton this year and have noticed a trend across the board. I’ve asked a couple of my friends yesterday if they were noticing it as well and they agreed too

I’m cool with it TBH. These guys coming into the league are freak pass rushers. Got to keep the QBs healthy

Regarding the targeting penalties it is way too subjective. Sometimes I’m like absolutely and other times blaming refs for ruining the nfl
Sounds line the makings of a scintillating conversation, chim chim!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other poster mentioned that a lot more holding is taking place as well. Can't say I've seen that either.
I don’t really notice the holds or jumps by tackles either...unless it’s pointed out to me...but there was an article regarding penalties I posted a few weeks back.

It said the refs were working on calling much less penalties this year and in particular there was a focus on line play and NOT calling anything that didn’t directly negatively impact the results of a down. The idea being to not interrupt the flow of games with minor things UNLESS it has a major impact on what was happening on the field

In the first few weeks, I noticed much less controversial ref calls or holding penalties...but lately I’ve seen a creeping trend in a few games with some questionable decisions on big plays again.

Last edited:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Payne Allen Ironman was good how much Running yards is the skins giving up ?? I will google it

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our mighty Dline giving 130 rushing yards per game. 4.7 yards per carry boy that front 4 can stop the run

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kendall Fuller has been a bright spot. Hated losing him with the Alex Smith trade. Glad he’s back with the team that drafted him.

I was listening to Kevin and Cooley this morning and they were chatting about the cap. They spotlighted an area that has really hurt us this year in terms of productivity. Since I’m no cap guru, I’m sure some one else could explain this point better but I’ll give it a try as I understood it.

Basically you need your top paid players to produce the MOST to have an efficient use of your cap in any given year. Thru mismanagement, bad decision making or just bad luck...

Skins highest paid players are Kendall (living up to expectations) Collins (really having a poor year so far), Smith (nearly lost his leg and was always a CDC anyway) and Kerrigan ( plays limited snaps during games and so far has only shown up in week 1)

This is not a winning football team recipe for success. Gonna take some time to turn this around. At least Smith can be addressed next year. Not sure re RK but our only hope on Landon is that he starts producing like we are paying him.

None are producing as the top players on the team. That’s a HUGE problem. Can’t overpay for lack of production.

FO needs to be damn sure if they are over paying or renewing a contract for a player that they are going to produce. We need to do better.

I didn’t realize we lost Eric Shafer, who was known as a superior contract negotiator for us. Can anyone enlighten me as to why and where he went?

Last edited:

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting.

Peter Hailey...

Last season, as the Washington secondary struggled to contain seemingly every opponent, their go-to buzzword was communication. Everyone, from the corners to the safeties to Greg Manusky, brought up needing more of it whenever they were pressed on why the group was failing.L

This season, the back end of Washington's defense is once again defective, and their effort against the Rams was just the latest proof of that. Jared Goff pretty much accomplished whatever he wanted in the contest and posted completions of 56, 49 and 40 yards, all of which featured players in Burgundy and Gold either trailing well behind Goff's targets or not even near them at all.

As Ron Rivera discussed what was behind the Rams constantly getting behind his defensive backs — both immediately after the loss on Sunday and during his time with the media on Monday — he, too, repeatedly turned to one word over and over again. It wasn't communication, though.

“Again, it’s about leverages and understanding how to play the leverages," Rivera said at FedEx Field following his team's fourth-consecutive defeat. "That’s what we’re working on with these young guys."

"Some guys don’t understand how to play with leverage," he said while back in Ashburn on Monday. "By that, we mean knowing where your help is. If your help is inside, then you should play your guy outside to in. If your help is outside, then you should play your guy inside to out."

Communication? That's so last year. In fact, Kendall Fuller, who intercepted Goff on what was really the quarterback's only negative sequence in Week 5, told reporters in his postgame interview that he thinks "communication has been good so far" in his part of the unit.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our mighty Dline giving 130 rushing yards per game. 4.7 yards per carry boy that front 4 can stop the run

I was never on board with believing a superior DLine would mask the rest of our defensive problems.

Looking back, I do not think we should have drafted Young. We should have drafted Hebert but nobody how good he would have been obviously.

We have dumped so many resources into our DLine and its not working. It was a bad strategy and its bitting us in the butt now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never on board with believing a superior DLine would mask the rest of our defensive problems.

Looking back, I do not think we should have drafted Young. We should have drafted Hebert but nobody how good he would have been obviously.

We have dumped so many resources into our DLine and its not working. It was a bad strategy and its bitting us in the butt now.
Drafting young was a good move . Thinking every hole can get fixed in an off-season is video game amateurism

Smith can be cut as can Collins . RK is a FA we can let go and same with sherf . Our 2 Fa lbs we got are failures and they can go . I think we should look at Dak or Darnold if we can’t draft Lawrence . Fields and Lance are raw guys which you don’t have the patience to develop

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafting young was a good move . Thinking every hole can get fixed in an off-season is video game amateurism

Smith can be cut as can Collins . RK is a FA we can let go and same with sherf . Our 2 Fa lbs we got are failures and they can go . I think we should look at Dak or Darnold if we can’t draft Lawrence . Fields and Lance are raw guys which you don’t have the patience to develop
Young was not a good move from a stand point of continuing to build on the 1 team strength and neglecting the other numerous problems we have. We have pumped 4 consecutive 1st round picks into the DLine while neglecting every unit on the field. That is not smart and we are seeing that. We had offers but RR wanted Young.

Like i said, if Allen, Payne and Sweat are smart, they will jump ship during FA because the losing will wear on them eventually. Sure, it will be nice to have a top 5 DLine...but we have a bottom 5 OLine, WR corp, RB corp, LB corp and secondary. You spread the wealth around....

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m on board with this assessment. Makes a lot of sense to me.