• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you really think the Cowboys have been pro actively been trying to sign Lamb to a fair extension and he's been like, nah, I'm good? I think the reason Lamb, Dak and even Micah haven't been extended are all the same. The club has been hoping they would get a hometown discount. Nobody gives a crap about playing for the Star anymore. They all want the bag
That's what I'm thinking. My thoughts all along have been: Lamb was the first one they want to get done. Once he is signed and they free up cap space they move onto Micah. Dak they have no desire to extend right now. I don't think they have any expectation of a hometown discount from anyone as they have never gotten one, why would it start now.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it makes Jerry feel more important when he has the highest paid players in the nFL I expect them to now get a deal done with Lamb to make him highest paid.. 4/$160M,115 guaranteed is my prediction
There is no chance they pay Lamb $40M per unless it is next season. Next guy up may be an extension for Hill who seems to be making noise about his contract again.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no chance they pay Lamb $40M per unless it is next season. Next guy up may be an extension for Hill who seems to be making noise about his contract again.
I'll play along...you be Jerry and I'll be Lamb's agent..."Ok Jerry, we will NEVER sign an extension unless Cee Dee is the highest paid WR, meaning $40M per is the STARTING point if you want him long-term, and that is today's number, that goes up if you wait. Go ahead and franchise us, with Jefferson's deal in place and Henry around the corner, that'll be a cap hit of over $30M for one year for you and then we are gone to FA. And if you try and trade us, we'll inform any club out there that whatever compensation they give up will be for a one year rental, because we are going to FA. So get on your hip, or roll with Cooks and Tolbert as you're #1-#2

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll play along...you be Jerry and I'll be Lamb's agent..."Ok Jerry, we will NEVER sign an extension unless Cee Dee is the highest paid WR, meaning $40M per is the STARTING point if you want him long-term, and that is today's number, that goes up if you wait. Go ahead and franchise us, with Jefferson's deal in place and Henry around the corner, that'll be a cap hit of over $30M for one year for you and then we are gone to FA. And if you try and trade us, we'll inform any club out there that whatever compensation they give up will be for a one year rental, because we are going to FA. So get on your hip, or roll with Cooks and Tolbert as you're #1-#2
Hey CeeDee. Go bag groceries if you want $40M per. You played a role in the GB game too
Also, $35.1M per makes him the highest paid so $40M per is absolutely not "the starting point". I'll say it again. He isn't getting $40M per or rather I'll say I would be shocked if he does (never say never).

He is tagged for this year at $18M per which means (assuming the rules haven't changed :think: ) he can be tagged again for as little as 20% more or $21.6M in 2025 and then again for 40% more or $31M in 2026. Now I don't think it's quite that simple and they may recalculate if the values have gone way up but still won't be near $40M per

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey CeeDee. Go bag groceries if you want $40M per. You played a role in the GB game too
Also, $35.1M per makes him the highest paid so $40M per is absolutely not "the starting point". I'll say it again. He isn't getting $40M per
Nonetheless, Cowboys need to get on the ball locking up the guys they want so they can set the prices and not wait around for other clubs to do so. They've really seemed asleep at the wheel some this off season, unless they simply aren't planning on locking up any of these guys.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonetheless, Cowboys need to get on the ball locking up the guys they want so they can set the prices and not wait around for other clubs to do so. They've really seemed asleep at the wheel some this off season, unless they simply aren't planning on locking up any of these guys.
I totally agree. But that doesn't mean let every guy come in and push you around with a ridiculous offer.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, $35.1M per makes him the highest paid so $40M per is absolutely not "the starting point". I'll say it again. He isn't getting $40M per or rather I'll say I would be shocked if he does (never say never).

He is tagged for this year at $18M per which means (assuming the rules haven't changed :think: ) he can be tagged again for as little as 20% more or $21.6M in 2025 and then again for 40% more or $31M in 2026. Now I don't think it's quite that simple and they may recalculate if the values have gone way up but still won't be near $40M per
I was going off AC's $40M premise. You're right. Today the starting point is just over $35M but if you tag him, that $40M number could absolutely come into play. And I don't think you're go bag groceries deal is gonna work out for Dallas. Lamb and Parsons are the two guys on the Cowboys who make everyone better. As to the Packers game...he can't throw it to himself

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you really think the Cowboys have been pro actively been trying to sign Lamb to a fair extension and he's been like, nah, I'm good? I think the reason Lamb, Dak and even Micah haven't been extended are all the same. The club has been hoping they would get a hometown discount. Nobody gives a crap about playing for the Star anymore. They all want the bag
Lamb is the one to put the breaks on negotiations until Jefferson did his deal. He (or his people) are a smart man.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. I'd take Jefferson over every WR in the league. So you wont get an argument out of me.
well...they say you don't pay um for what they've done, but for what you expect going forward. Seems like a toss up to me. Maybe supporting cast will help all that is ahead. Regardless of that, malcontents will fuck up a boat load.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck him.
call his bluff.
Parsons is watching.
I'm on record as saying they can't afford all 3 so I would keep the two best, Lamb and Parsons. I can definitely see where you are coming from though. It will be interesting to see how the Cowboys handle this.
My opinion is, the Cowboys always screw these things by procrastinating. Either commit to the player and sign them early and save money, or decide you don't want to pay them and trade their ass for max value while you have control. I wouldn't care if they traded all three of them for good value. Am extra $120M in cap room and an additional 5-6 1st round picks works fine too. But we wait around like we did on Dak and are just bent over with our any lube

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now for some sad news.

Zack Martin says retirement in 2025 is possible​

According to Michael Gehlken with the Dallas Morning News, Martin said his retirement is possibly coming in the next offseason:

“I’m not saying 100%, but I think it’s definitely in the realm of possibilities,” Martin told The Dallas Morning News. “And that’s one thing I don’t want to do. For myself, I don’t want to be thinking, ‘Oh, this is it. This is it.’ I want to stay in the moment, and I want to play the best that I can play at this point and be the best right guard this team needs on a weekly basis. And then after the season, we’ll figure out what’s going on.”

The Cowboys structured Martin’s contract for a 2025 retirement​

Martin, who will turn 34 this season, signed a revised contract with the Cowboys last year that added $8.5 million over two seasons. The front offseason seems to have foreseen a possible retirement because the new structure allows the Cowboys to designate Martin as a June 1 cut in 2025, saving $15.8 million. They’d also eat $26.4 million in dead cap.
Martin’s retirement would have the Cowboys more easily afford Lamb, Parsons, and Prescott. They’d also lose a nine-time All-Pro. But how much is really left in the tank for an offensive guard who will turn 35 next season?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Dallas Cowboys have people to pay​

Prescott could be asking for a salary in the $50 million per year range. Parsons wants to be the highest-paid non-quarterback in the league. That title currently belongs to Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Justin Jefferson, who is making $35 million per year. Lamb will be somewhere between $32 and $35 million annually.

Per Over The Cap, the Cowboys have about $65 million in cap space for the 2025 season. That number will dive when they extend Prescott, Parsons, and Lamb. However, they could save money if they didn’t have to pay Zack Martin for his services.

I know I am in the major minority here, but the more I hear about parsons the more I feel a cancer growing.
We got a couple years to get it figured out, but wouldnt be surprised if when it is all said & done, I end up happy by not signing him. (if it came to that)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Dallas Cowboys have people to pay​

Prescott could be asking for a salary in the $50 million per year range. Parsons wants to be the highest-paid non-quarterback in the league. That title currently belongs to Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Justin Jefferson, who is making $35 million per year. Lamb will be somewhere between $32 and $35 million annually.

Per Over The Cap, the Cowboys have about $65 million in cap space for the 2025 season. That number will dive when they extend Prescott, Parsons, and Lamb. However, they could save money if they didn’t have to pay Zack Martin for his services.

I know I am in the major minority here, but the more I hear about parsons the more I feel a cancer growing.
We got a couple years to get it figured out, but wouldnt be surprised if when it is all said & done, I end up happy by not signing him. (if it came to that)
I think with Micah it's more an issue of being a completely open book and having no filter between his head and his mouth. He literally says everything that is on his mind. I think he says a lot of things that are cringe worthy, but when push comes to shove he is the most focused guy on the team on Sundays. The guy wants to be the best and I am thankful we have him and will have him for 10 years. In an ideal world he wouldn't post on SM and wouldn't host nor be on any podcasts, but as long as he shows up as our best player, and by a huge margin, I'll happily live with it