• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys’ Micah Parsons Sets The Record Straight On Missing OTAs​

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if only Parsons & Lamb hadn't talked in the off season about leadership roles. They musta consulted their mom and brother.

I am more than willing to wait for the actual story BUT...
NO Football Player
rates above team. Leadership isn't sitting outside talking his brand shit and putting himself at the new DC's level with stupid ass responses.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if only Parsons & Lamb hadn't talked in the off season about leadership roles. They musta consulted their mom and brother.

I am more than willing to wait for the actual story BUT...
NO Football Player
rates above team. Leadership isn't sitting outside talking his brand shit and putting himself at the new DC's level with stupid ass responses.
I said quite a long time ago that Parsons talks too much on SM.
I am referring to him trashing the officiating. The officiating got much worse after Micah went on SM trashing the refs

Zimmer needs to move Micah around more IMO. It was way to easy for the other team to "hold" Parsons when he lined up on the edge most of the time. I bet Zimmer will come up with something. Micah really should threaten the sack record and he is not because of how they use him

They need to put him in the A gap some and see what happens

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons is out best player by a mile. Lamb is the next best by a mile. (Martin is a year from retirement). If the Cowboys want to part ways with either, they better trade them sooner than later and recoup a couple of first round picks for each. They can't handle them like they did Dak

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports from camp are meaningless at this point of course, but seems like Brooks looking better than Tolbert. Not sure that's a good thing. Also Lance not seemingly throwing very well. Both of these comments are based on nothing but twitter so, again, kind of meaningless at this point

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Dallas Cowboys have people to pay​

Prescott could be asking for a salary in the $50 million per year range. Parsons wants to be the highest-paid non-quarterback in the league. That title currently belongs to Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Justin Jefferson, who is making $35 million per year. Lamb will be somewhere between $32 and $35 million annually.

Per Over The Cap, the Cowboys have about $65 million in cap space for the 2025 season. That number will dive when they extend Prescott, Parsons, and Lamb. However, they could save money if they didn’t have to pay Zack Martin for his services.

I know I am in the major minority here, but the more I hear about parsons the more I feel a cancer growing.
We got a couple years to get it figured out, but wouldnt be surprised if when it is all said & done, I end up happy by not signing him. (if it came to that)
If we got several 1s ...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports from camp are meaningless at this point of course, but seems like Brooks looking better than Tolbert. Not sure that's a good thing. Also Lance not seemingly throwing very well. Both of these comments are based on nothing but twitter so, again, kind of meaningless at this point
Every season there is a young WR turning heads. Maybe fo once a guy like Brooks makes an impact. I hope so because Tolbert has not been good

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his career Mazi Smith will go down as:
A) career backup
B) rotation type guy
C) starter
D) high end starter/Pro Bowl type
E) All Pro/HOF type

I'm going to give him a pass on last year and call it kind of a mulligan, but right now I'm going with B. I think he will be a guy who contributes some, but not a guy you play every down unless you don't have anyone else and he is playing FT by default (which could be the case this year if we don't add anyone else). There just weren't any flashes of dominance or strength or quickness to make me confident he has another level, but I think he will be better than the guy last year who didn't even really deserve to be on the field. I don't even need D or E type production to be happy with the pick but we at least need him to be a C type 5 ish year starter or it will have been a mistake. Hopefully he gains about 20lbs minimum and becomes a guy to clog up the middle and frees up everyone around him to make some more plays at a minimum.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) career backup
B) rotation type guy
C) starter
E) All Pro/HOF type

I'm going to give him a pass on last year and call it kind of a mulligan, but right now I'm going with B. I think he will be a guy who contributes some, but not a guy you play every down unless you don't have anyone else and he is playing FT by default (which could be the case this year if we don't add anyone else). There just weren't any flashes of dominance or strength or quickness to make me confident he has another level, but I think he will be better than the guy last year who didn't even really deserve to be on the field. I don't even need D or E type production to be happy with the pick but we at least need him to be a C type 5 ish year starter or it will have been a mistake. Hopefully he gains about 20lbs minimum and becomes a guy to clog up the middle and frees up everyone around him to make some more plays at a minimum.
Hopefully B is the min. he does.
Big question right now. Mike Zimmer.
Could this change (coaching style) make a big impression on Mazi? Will it be good or bad?
My hope is he went from a no nonsense guy like Harbaugh & now has a no nonsense guy in Mike Zimmer. Here's to hoping Zimmer pulls the success out of him! :suds:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) career backup
B) rotation type guy
C) starter
E) All Pro/HOF type

I was a little concerned about the pick. For a guy at 337 in College I was not seeing dominant tape. It reminded me more of potential. He is so damn slow when the ball was snapped.

I would rather see Kneeland get snaps at DT than Mazi. Kneeland is just a ferocious and physical player. Kneeland IMO would excell at 3tech.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully B is the min. he does.
Big question right now. Mike Zimmer.
Could this change (coaching style) make a big impression on Mazi? Will it be good or bad?
My hope is he went from a no nonsense guy like Harbaugh & now has a no nonsense guy in Mike Zimmer. Here's to hoping Zimmer pulls the success out of him! :suds:
I hope for the best,but just not liking what I hear about the Mazis weight. This guy is so damn slow at the snap.

Zimmer I guarantee you will have a lot of authority when it comes to how many snaps Mazi gets. If Mazi falters Zimmer going to not have him starting I can envision Rogers getting a lot of snaps as Zimmer wants a huge dude at NT.

I will be happy if Mazi can rotate in and stop the run. This team has been a joke at developing nose tackles though..

I could see a situation where if Osa or DLaw get hurt then Kneeland would be inserted and the coaching staff would not want to remove him. Much like Jay Ratliff all those years ago. This defense gets bitch slapped in the playoffs because of the lack of physicality. Kneeland changes that.

The defense went to shit when Zimmer left the last time. Zimmer gets results and I just think Zimmer is better as a DC than Quinn. It's stop the run first with Zimmer.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Gregory is suing the NFL and the Broncos claiming discrimination over being fined $532,500 for taking medication containing THC for disabilities during his brief time in Denver.

In the complaint filed this week in Arapahoe County District Court, the 31-year-old pass-rusher who now plays for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers said he was prescribed Dronabinol for social anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorders but was denied accommodations to treat those disabilities with that medicine.

football been very very good to Randy Gregory.
:hardy:

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy Gregory is suing the NFL and the Broncos claiming discrimination over being fined $532,500 for taking medication containing THC for disabilities during his brief time in Denver.

In the complaint filed this week in Arapahoe County District Court, the 31-year-old pass-rusher who now plays for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers said he was prescribed Dronabinol for social anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorders but was denied accommodations to treat those disabilities with that medicine.

football been very very good to Randy Gregory.
:hardy:
This guy has been paid a lot of money over the past 3 years, for zero production, and luckily he is no longer in Dallas

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope for the best,but just not liking what I hear about the Mazis weight. This guy is so damn slow at the snap.

Zimmer I guarantee you will have a lot of authority when it comes to how many snaps Mazi gets. If Mazi falters Zimmer going to not have him starting I can envision Rogers getting a lot of snaps as Zimmer wants a huge dude at NT.

I will be happy if Mazi can rotate in and stop the run. This team has been a joke at developing nose tackles though..

I could see a situation where if Osa or DLaw get hurt then Kneeland would be inserted and the coaching staff would not want to remove him. Much like Jay Ratliff all those years ago. This defense gets bitch slapped in the playoffs because of the lack of physicality. Kneeland changes that.

The defense went to shit when Zimmer left the last time. Zimmer gets results and I just think Zimmer is better as a DC than Quinn. It's stop the run first with Zimmer.
Second stint as DC for Zim. He ain't got campo to make him look good now.

I hope the prediction you have on Mazzi is off and he does, well, something. He has the strength unless the vids I've seen were bullshit. But he dint really turn me on as a pick.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More for the Gregory fans.

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Todd Bowles said outside linebacker Randy Gregory had an unexcused absence on the first day of mandatory minicamp and that the team will "deal with it."

"It's disappointing when anyone's not here but we'll deal with it," Bowles said after Tuesday's practice. "We'll deal with it. Right now, I'm only gonna coach the guys that's here."

The Bucs signed Gregory this offseason to a one-year deal worth $3 million with incentives that bolster it to $5 million. Per the NFL collective bargaining agreement, a player missing mandatory minicamp with an unexcused absence gets a $16,953 fine for the first day and $33,908 for the second day and $50,855 for a third day.

Randy always did do it his way.
Gotta tip a cap towards all that.

:juggle:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More for the Gregory fans.

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Todd Bowles said outside linebacker Randy Gregory had an unexcused absence on the first day of mandatory minicamp and that the team will "deal with it."

"It's disappointing when anyone's not here but we'll deal with it," Bowles said after Tuesday's practice. "We'll deal with it. Right now, I'm only gonna coach the guys that's here."

The Bucs signed Gregory this offseason to a one-year deal worth $3 million with incentives that bolster it to $5 million. Per the NFL collective bargaining agreement, a player missing mandatory minicamp with an unexcused absence gets a $16,953 fine for the first day and $33,908 for the second day and $50,855 for a third day.

Randy always did do it his way.
Gotta tip a cap towards all that.

:juggle:
boy did we luck out on that one...

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boy did we luck out on that one...
Yep. I remember the day when I read the report that Gregory and the Cowboys agreed to terms on a new contract. I thought they were paying him way too much. Then a few hours later there was a new report that he changed mind and signed with the Broncos. It like thank you Broncos!