• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading down to select Surtain or Horn could be a big mistake. The eagles and Giants would pick Horn and Surtain just to keep them away from the Cowboys. You can never have enough Corners and this is why they tend to be reached for.
thing is. If we dont fix our D-line our corners wont matter.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably pick Farley in 2nd round especially if we go offense at 10. We got Diggs,Wilson,Kazee and then we got nothing. Lewis did not look good last season. Was a little surprised they re-signed him. On the other hand Lewis was one of the few in the secondary that forced occasional turnovers. We got mainly trash at CB and Safety overall.

When a team has 75% of its Cap going towards the offense ,it means the defense is going to suck. These FA pickups have not fixed the defense..
I was disappointed we signed Lewis. Then I thought about it a little and if you only look at the end of the season he played really well. I remember him all of a sudden stepping up in run defense too like he never had before. Him or Brown starting would IMO be a disaster. Having them battle it out for the #3 or even better, #4 CB spot would be pretty good. If I remember we still have Canady for one more year after he sat out last year and although all you read was how lost he looked all last year, we also drafted Robinson last year. They seemed back and forth on whether he was a CB or Safety, but it was a tough year 1 for any rookie. No offseason and less practices than normal. Tough to write a guy off based on that. Will be tough for him to make the team if we draft 2 CBs unless he is great on STs, but who knows and it's not like Canady was ever seen as a top 3 CB so he is in a battle to make the team also

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing is. If we dont fix our D-line our corners wont matter.
True and if we don't fix our corners, our DLine won't matter. Tough spot we are in right now. We don't need a good defense but we can't be horrible like last year and honestly it seems like it has been a while since we had a defense that made stops when it mattered against good teams

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw today that Daquan Jones is still a free agent. I wonder if you get him on a relatively cheap one year deal. I always thought he was a good run stopper and a better player than most gave him credit for. Not a superstar of course but maybe a guy that can help this defense

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These FA pickups have not fixed the defense..
You're right...this defense is far from fixed, but I think we've got better. It really wouldn't take much to be better than what we put on the field last year. IF....IF we put this group with a strong defensive draft, I think this will be a much improved unit. HELL, I think the coaching could make this defense top 15 and that will work just fine if the offense is what they should be with health

Kazee is better than Woods....we add a draft pick we're a shit load better than what we've rolled out there
I like the additions of Watkins (27), Urban (29) & Basham (27) for the Dline. I think each will be lunch pale type guys.
Jaylon Kearse is a thumper and real good ST's player. Solid BU to Wilson
Neal will be the wild card. I love his instincts and the plan to play him as a WLB/SS. He seems to understand how to play NFL defense. I think Quinn expects him to be a solid contributor and will give as something this defense greatly lacks....smart, heart, & want to

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right...this defense is far from fixed, but I think we've got better. It really wouldn't take much to be better than what we put on the field last year. IF....IF we put this group with a strong defensive draft, I think this will be a much improved unit. HELL, I think the coaching could make this defense top 15 and that will work just fine if the offense is what they should be with health

Kazee is better than Woods....we add a draft pick we're a shit load better than what we've rolled out there
I like the additions of Watkins (27), Urban (29) & Basham (27) for the Dline. I think each will be lunch pale type guys.
Jaylon Kearse is a thumper and real good ST's player. Solid BU to Wilson
Neal will be the wild card. I love his instincts and the plan to play him as a WLB/SS. He seems to understand how to play NFL defense. I think Quinn expects him to be a solid contributor and will give as something this defense greatly lacks....smart, heart, & want to
:hope:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw today that Daquan Jones is still a free agent. I wonder if you get him on a relatively cheap one year deal. I always thought he was a good run stopper and a better player than most gave him credit for. Not a superstar of course but maybe a guy that can help this defense
the defense is in better shape than it was last year but adding K. J. Wright and Daquan Jones and drafting more defense would strongly improve the team

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the defense is in better shape than it was last year but adding K. J. Wright and Daquan Jones and drafting more defense would strongly improve the team
Is it for sure though right now? Remember how high the expectations were for this defense last year? We were historically bad last year. We need to be MUCH better to have a good season. Who is it that we signed so far on defense that if the Eagles signed you would be worried about it?

What this defense needs is a couple of impact players and we haven't added that. We shouldn't have been trying to round into form a good or even average defense with backup/rotation guys, we need top end talent. Will we get that in the draft? Maybe...hopefully...but draft picks aren't sure things week one of year one and if the first pick is Offense (which I'm fine with if it falls that way) it's one less chance to add the type of player that we need..

Last edited:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it for sure though right now? Remember how high the expectations were for this defense last year? We were historically bad last year. We need to be MUCH better to have a good season. Who is it that we signed so far on defense that if the Eagles signed you would be worried about it?

What this defense needs is a couple of impact players and we haven't added that. We shouldn't have been trying to round into form a good or even average defense with backup/rotation guys, we need top end talent. Will we get that in the draft? Maybe...hopefully...but draft picks aren't sure things week one of year one and if the first pick is Offense (which I'm fine with if it falls that way) it's one less chance to add the type of player that we need..
My expectations are higher because of Quinn and the additions and would be even higher with Wright, Jones and the right picks

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things outside of just the personnel could improve the D. Quinn being a better coach is the obvious one but improved oline play/controlling the clock is another big one. When our offensive line was in their prime we compensated for some really mediocre defenses by keeping them fresh.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, I really thought we improved our defense last off season. I have no expectations now. I will wait and see. I have no idea if this defense is improved, but it really can't get much worse then last year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things outside of just the personnel could improve the D. Quinn being a better coach is the obvious one but improved oline play/controlling the clock is another big one. When our offensive line was in their prime we compensated for some really mediocre defenses by keeping them fresh.
Totally agree on both in theory, but we read the same thing last year after getting rid of the stale combo of Marinelli and Richard and of course Garrett. So I need it proven to me that it isn't just crappy talent before I expect a huge improvement because a huge improvement is what is needed.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the cap kinda prevents many high end free agent signings unless you want to extend Elliott, Jaylon, DLaw and or Cooper.

I always kinda felt this team would only be able to do so much this offseason and the super talent would have to be from the draft. I still like what this team has done in free agency. The draft will be our chance along with huge development from last year rookies if there is substantial improve on D

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A thought that hit me this morning as I was reading an article. The best news about our DBs being near the bottom of the NFL as a group: Jalen Hurts, Daniel Jones and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree with this more. Controlling the clock helps the defense tremendously. One area I think Dak and the offense have to make a major focus...getting an early lead. I know he can bring us back when we are 20 down, but that's not a winning formula. When the Cowboys were last great, they used the passing game to get a lead and then turned it over to 22 in the second half. I would be real happy with Surtain at 10, but if it ended up being Slater, im just as happy

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what....if this team where to come to terms with Wright, it would be a HUGE sign Jerry has given the keys to Quinn.
Not likely but a guy can hope Jerry see's he's on limited time to get another championship. :hope: :hope:
if you believe this report it isn't going to happen:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3