• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given what Ian Rappaport said, if I was Stephen Jones I would’ve made the trade. The Cowboys are clearly in win now mode with a glaring need in their secondary. Chances are the Cowboys were gonna pick in the 20s in the first round which is essentially a second round pick in itself.

Basically three 2nd round picks to grab an all-pro caliber safety to solidify a young talented defense hungry for a super bowl this year. I would’ve taken it. Idc what anyone says, Jamal Adams would’ve been vastly better than any player they would’ve drafted just like Amari Cooper was last year.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A first and two 2s was not king's ransom. This is another example of Jerry and the Cowboys overvaluing their picks once again. Jamal Adams would have made the Cowboys a serious SB contender. That's more important than picks. Also, if the Cowboys got Adams, I think they are picking no less than 21. Adams was taken 6th overall. Based on draft value, the 21st pick and two twos is worth less than the 6th pick. That's just the 6th pick. This is Jamal Adams who is only 24, who is All-Pro caliber, and who still had two years left on his rookie deal. Absolutely stupid that Dallas did not do this deal. And keep in mind, all that I said is based on the 21st pick. I honestly think the Cowboys would pick at worst 27th if they got Adams. All-Pro safety is worth way than low first round and second round picks.
you have lost your ever lovin' mind sir.

Adams isnt worth 3 starting players. All of whom would be on rookie deals. There is only a handful of players ever worth 2 1st round picks & Cooper is not worth two 1sts.

While I would love to have an all pro Safety. I miss the days of Darren Woodson. Adams for our 1st & 2 2nds is not worth it.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given what Ian Rappaport said, if I was Stephen Jones I would’ve made the trade. The Cowboys are clearly in win now mode with a glaring need in their secondary. Chances are the Cowboys were gonna pick in the 20s in the first round which is essentially a second round pick in itself.

Basically three 2nd round picks to grab an all-pro caliber safety to solidify a young talented defense hungry for a super bowl this year. I would’ve taken it. Idc what anyone says, Jamal Adams would’ve been vastly better than any player they would’ve drafted just like Amari Cooper was last year.

There is no way in hell the Jets were going to take three 2’s for Adams. If Rappaport said that then he’s spitballing as he usual does.

Reactions: GNG

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry, a first and 2 twos is way to much to give up. You are doing a lot speculation with a 4-3 team. You act like we are undefeated or 6-1 at this point. You cant just pull a draft projection out of the air at this point. He would have been a nice addition, but not at that price.
I might have vomited if we gave up a 1st and 2 2nd round picks. He is a very good player, but let's not get carried away with how good he is. He isn't near a top 20 player in the league. He probably isn't top 50. The only thing that would even make me pause is that you get this year and one more cheap year out of him before his price goes up which is big. But that would have been horrible to give up that much IMO. There are good safeties available every year for no draft picks. We just need to finally pick one.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have lost your ever lovin' mind sir.

Adams isnt worth 3 starting players. All of whom would be on rookie deals. There is only a handful of players ever worth 2 1st round picks & Cooper is not worth two 1sts.

While I would love to have an all pro Safety. I miss the days of Darren Woodson. Adams for our 1st & 2 2nds is not worth it.
Three starters? Since when does every 1st and 2nd round pick pan out? Stop overvaluing picks over a legitimate All-Pro safety. A first and two 2s is only too much if we were the Miami Dolphins. Our picks are gonna be low. Based on draft value, the Cowboys actually come out ahead in the trade. Seriously, this fan base is scared to give up draft picks for an established All-Pro safety, yet when the draft comes, y'all gonna be the same people begging the Cowboys to move up in the draft to get a player you want them to get. Fuck those picks. I want a SB. LOL at three starters. Like Trysten Hill and Taco, right?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I don't wanna hear about all the picks the Cowboys have hit on either. Mostly all those picks were inside the top 20. Dak Prescott was the one of the luckiest picks in NFL draft history. He literally fell in our lap off dumb luck. We shouldn't have taken Zeke over Jalen Ramsey either.

I highly doubt these picks they would give up for Adams would be inside the top 20 had they got him. We got Amari for the 27th pick. Majority of this fan base thought we gave up too much for him. Cowboys absolutely killed that trade. Jets can have my 27-32 first and second round picks if it meant Cowboys were going on a deep playoff run. Too many people in this fan base overvalues picks just because we have been a little lucky in recent memory and think Will McClay walks on water. I like Will McClay too, but he still ain't done shit yet to put us in the SB. Getting Jamal Adams might have done it.

Last edited:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three starters? Since when does every 1st and 2nd round pick pan out? Stop overvaluing picks over a legitimate All-Pro safety. A first and two 2s is only too much if we were the Miami Dolphins. Our picks are gonna be low. Based on draft value, the Cowboys actually come out ahead in the trade. Seriously, this fan base is scared to give up draft picks for an established All-Pro safety, yet when the draft comes, y'all gonna be the same people begging the Cowboys to move up in the draft to get a player you want them to get. Fuck those picks. I want a SB. LOL at three starters. Like Trysten Hill and Taco, right?
I give you taco. Outside of that one player in the last few years. We have quality players that play for this team in the 1st three rounds (not 2) So yes. Looking at Draft history. Giving up a 1st & 2 2nds. Is the same as giving up 3 starters ( or soon to be starters) One all pro starter (S) is not worth a #1 & 2 #2's

No matter how you want to spin it. (I give you taco in recent history)
that is not worth give up a future

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might have vomited if we gave up a 1st and 2 2nd round picks. He is a very good player, but let's not get carried away with how good he is. He isn't near a top 20 player in the league. He probably isn't top 50. The only thing that would even make me pause is that you get this year and one more cheap year out of him before his price goes up which is big. But that would have been horrible to give up that much IMO. There are good safeties available every year for no draft picks. We just need to finally pick one.
Yeah, that's simply too much. I heard the Cowboys offered a 1st and a 3rd. They went hard for him

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's simply too much. I heard the Cowboys offered a 1st and a 3rd. They went hard for him
Even a 1st and a 3rd is a little more than I would have preferred, but I probably would have done that because you have him cheap for this year and next and then can use the 5th year option for a year as well. I really love the player, but draft picks are how you build a team and keep your cap hits down and it's probably what we are best at.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even a 1st and a 3rd is a little more than I would have preferred, but I probably would have done that because you have him cheap for this year and next and then can use the 5th year option for a year as well. I really love the player, but draft picks are how you build a team and keep your cap hits down and it's probably what we are best at.
I would have been good with a 1st and a 3rd because it would have been such a huge upgrade at the position, but you're right, anything past that would have been reckless. Honestly stunned the Jets stayed by their original stance of two 1st's or a 1st and two 2nd's. They had to know no one was paying that price, so why even bother?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanna see another SB before I die. And I'm tired of watching Jeff Heath every gotdamn Sunday. I'd give up a kidney and two arms and a leg to see him off the field. It's funny how he never gets hurt either but every other key player does.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever your take on the decision yesterday (I wouldn’t have done it at that price but I can understand why some would), it continues to puzzle the hell out of me why they devalue the Safety position. It’s as if they have completely forgotten who used to man the SS position and how #28 anchored this thing as opposed to the current player.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wanna see another SB before I die. And I'm tired of watching Jeff Heath every gotdamn Sunday. I'd give up a kidney and two arms and a leg to see him off the field. It's funny how he never gets hurt either but every other key player does.
I feel the same way. I hate seeing Heath out there every Sunday, but he is no where near the reason for us not winning or even competing for a superbowl in 20 years. The main reason is the owner/gm.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team needs a Jeff Heath !
On the sideline as a backup emergency player not the starter
The Cowboys are treating safety like they used to treat the OL and LBers and you just can’t do that. Tristan Hill has not proven he was worth the pick he was taken at yet and Taco well Rod whiffed on him we should have taken the Watt kid. Team has done well in the draft but not draftin a safety last year and not shoring up the DT position better is really hurtin the defense.
With that said I don’t give the Jets the picks they wanted for Adams. Period.

JMHO

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm seeing that after Dallas said Fuck No to the Martin request the Jets asked for T. Smith. Again a big NO.

And some think it would take less than ONE 1st to gave landed Adam's. They obviously wanted more than one 1st and two 2nds.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm seeing that after Dallas said Fuck No to the Martin request the Jets asked for T. Smith. Again a big NO.

And some think it would take less than ONE 1st to gave landed Adam's. They obviously wanted more than one 1st and two 2nds.

I’m always skeptical of Rapoport but if indeed that’s where the conversations began then the J-E-T-S either weren’t serious about doing a deal or thought Jerry was drunk. Maybe both.