• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like just another disappointing case of what could have been...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,980.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. They struck out with Taco and doubled down on this guy. Ridiculous.
wish you wouldnt use taco's name, when talking about how horrible we are at drafting DTs.
It only reminds of the DLineman that got away!
a picture of a wolf with the words  grrr im mad  below it

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wish you wouldnt use taco's name, when talking about how horrible we are at drafting DTs.
It only reminds of the DLineman that got away!
a picture of a wolf with the words  grrr im mad  below it
Maybe the 3rd Michigan DT is going to be the one that meets or exceeds expectations. We could be drafting very high. Mason Graham would look good in the middle. He is the type we need.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,980.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the 3rd Michigan DT is going to be the one that meets or exceeds expectations. We could be drafting very high. Mason Graham would look good in the middle. He is the type we need.
I remain hopefully scared!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Eagles-Bengals game, it looks like Kellen Moore to McCarthy's criticism of "running the damn football" to heart. 20 passes, 34 rushes for 148 yards and counting. After they took the lead, they pounded the ball to Barkley. Meanwhile, last week, we threw it 44 times and ran it 17 for 53 yards. Today we are carrying Dowdle, Zeke, Cook and Luepke. If we are carrying Zeke, why the fuck are we wasting a roster spot on Zeke when we ran it 17 times last week? Either we better "run the damn football", or Jerry won't let McCarthy deactivate Zeke. I think we all know which pathetic option it is

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the Eagles-Bengals game, it looks like Kellen Moore to McCarthy's criticism of "running the damn football" to heart. 20 passes, 34 rushes for 148 yards and counting. After they took the lead, they pounded the ball to Barkley. Meanwhile, last week, we threw it 44 times and ran it 17 for 53 yards. Today we are carrying Dowdle, Zeke, Cook and Luepke. If we are carrying Zeke, why the fuck are we wasting a roster spot on Zeke when we ran it 17 times last week? Either we better "run the damn football", or Jerry won't let McCarthy deactivate Zeke. I think we all know which pathetic option it is
When your getting your ass kicked and falling way behind, kind of hard to try to run the ball.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your getting your ass kicked and falling way behind, kind of hard to try to run the ball.
Fair enough. On the season the Cowboys are dead last in the NFL at 77 yards per game(Baltimore leads at 208 per game). Is that the definition of "Running the damn ball" then? I realize it isn't all on the head coach. Cook is activated and Zeke is still on the active roster. Proves politics is playing over winning in Dallas

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,980.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I am a McCarthy Apologist.
but we got to have a quality RB to attempt to run balls before running it a ton of times.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I am a McCarthy Apologist.
but we got to have a quality RB to attempt to run balls before running it a ton of times.
No doubt. The GM is the big problem. Henry has made Baltimore a better team. Barkley has clearly improved the Eagles. We finally promote Cook but somehow Zeke is still active tonight when we could use an extra lineman or DB. But it's still not a good look when you are last by a mile in rushing after he ripped Moore for not running enough. One of the reasons we got way behind Detroit was instead of feeding the ball to Dowdle after a great game against Pittsburgh, our play caller(McCarthy) ran Zeke more often than Dowdle. Those wasted carries killed drives and led to us getting buried. If Mac doesn't have the balls to give the ball to Dowdle and deactivate Zeke after Cook is activated because he is scared of Jerry, then part of that falls on him. He should do what's right. Jerry is going to fire him anyway

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,980.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. The GM is the big problem. Henry has made Baltimore a better team. Barkley has clearly improved the Eagles. We finally promote Cook but somehow Zeke is still active tonight when we could use an extra lineman or DB. But it's still not a good look when you are last by a mile in rushing after he ripped Moore for not running enough. One of the reasons we got way behind Detroit was instead of feeding the ball to Dowdle after a great game against Pittsburgh, our play caller(McCarthy) ran Zeke more often than Dowdle. Those wasted carries killed drives and led to us getting buried. If Mac doesn't have the balls to give the ball to Dowdle and deactivate Zeke after Cook is activated because he is scared of Jerry, then part of that falls on him. He should do what's right. Jerry is going to fire him anyway
well the thing about Zeke staying active. I think he is still our best blocking back (during passing)
He should never be our lead rusher, but I can see him staying on the active roster. Unless Cook is an excellent blocker as well.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the thing about Zeke staying active. I think he is still our best blocking back (during passing)
He should never be our lead rusher, but I can see him staying on the active roster. Unless Cook is an excellent blocker as well.
I mean...ok, but if his main contribution is that he is the best blocking back on passing downs, I think Luepke could at least do an adequate job in that role while freeing up another roster spot. JMO

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,980.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...ok, but if his main contribution is that he is the best blocking back on passing downs, I think Luepke could at least do an adequate job in that role while freeing up another roster spot. JMO
if Luepke can. Then awesome. I honestly dont know how he is on passing downs.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Luepke can. Then awesome. I honestly dont know how he is on passing downs.
Me either because its always Zeke. But all the folks I listen to who follow the analytics claim Luepke is the most improved run blocker in the league, so maybe. I know he's a better running/receiving threat than Zeke

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,980.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me either because its always Zeke. But all the folks I listen to who follow the analytics claim Luepke is the most improved run blocker in the league, so maybe. I know he's a better running/receiving threat than Zeke
well Dak is the golden goose.
So until someone can exceed Zeke at protecting Dak. I think he stays on the active team.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Dak is the golden goose.
So until someone can exceed Zeke at protecting Dak. I think he stays on the active team.
Also fair. But I think letting go of two guys who started the pro bowl on the OL and going with a rookie LT who played RT in college goes against that. I also think not having a running back to keep Dak out of constant 3rd and longs goes against that grain. I just can't get behind keeping Zeke as a pass blocking RB when nothing else the GM has done works for his QB. But I get your point for sure

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a must win game tonight. The offense needs to finally do something. Will be interesting. I have low expectations though.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a must win game tonight. The offense needs to finally do something. Will be interesting. I have low expectations though.
We need Dak to have a great game. Not a great stat game after falling behind by 30, a great game start to finish. It's actually been a pretty good while since he's done that. Time to earn that money. If you're a $60M guy, sometimes you have to take it upon yourself. Don't get outplayed by Brock Purdy

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,980.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also fair. But I think letting go of two guys who started the pro bowl on the OL and going with a rookie LT who played RT in college goes against that. I also think not having a running back to keep Dak out of constant 3rd and longs goes against that grain. I just can't get behind keeping Zeke as a pass blocking RB when nothing else the GM has done works for his QB. But I get your point for sure
well I can agree with everything you are saying. I wanted henry. But that stuff happened before the season. We are here now.
I am not being a proponent for Zeke. I am just saying I wont be surprised to see Zeke stay (now) on the active while he is the best bet for a blocking back. No one is disagreeing with the fact the GM has sucked this offseason.