• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man it’s football. As bad as college B-ball is now, I’m actually excited about it. I like the fact they plan to televise every game. I’m not saying I will watch every game but at least you have an option. I watched some of the first one. It wasn’t bad IMO. I actually liked last years league, whatever it was called before they shut it down. It’s not the NFL , but what really is ha
I agree. College b ball sucks this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between Dak, Cooper and Jones they can only tag two (one franchise and one transition). Obviously whether or not they sign Dak dictates how the others are handled. If they can't sign Dak they have to assign him the Franchise tag unless they sign another QB instead or they risk having no QB. I suspect one reason to sign Dak early is to be able to tag one or both of the other guys. I'd be very surprised if they didn't place one of the tags on Cooper and the franchise tag specifically if it doesn't go to Dak. I suspect tagging or not tagging Jones comes down to whether or not Dak is signed but the transition tag only allows you to match any contract and offers no compensation if you lose a player so it isn't really all that great of a tool anyway, so they may not bother even placing it on anyone. The numbers:

Things already feel like an “Amari Cooper or Byron Jones” situation with the Cowboys and the way they decide to prioritize them will drastically influence the composition of their roster. Looking at the projected tag numbers (per OverTheCap) for wide receivers and cornerbacks lends one to think that giving Jones the franchise tag and Cooper the transition makes the most sense.

Projected WR Franchise Tag: $18,491,000

Projected WR Transition Tag: $15,926,000

Projected CB Franchise Tag: $16,471,000

Projected CB Transition Tag: $14,570,000

If the Cowboys are able to hand them both out to non-Dak players (which requires an extension with him before March 10th), then you can either have the sum of the top and bottom numbers of the middle two. Simple math tells you that the transition tag for Cooper is the way to go/save the most.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEs under contract for next year:
Lawrence
Armstrong
Jackson
Jelks
Crawford (DE/DT)

Right now this is a really weak group outside of Lawrence. It could end up being just a bunch of role players/bottom of the roster/possible cuts and Tank. I think we need to take the money we are allocating to Crawford and use it to sign Quinn. We probably need to do that AND still add another pass rusher via draft or FA. I guess we could look at signing Bennett too. Don't like the idea of him starting, but like him as a #3 DE. No pass rush, no NFL success...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEs under contract for next year:
Lawrence
Armstrong
Jackson
Jelks
Crawford (DE/DT)

Right now this is a really weak group outside of Lawrence. It could end up being just a bunch of role players/bottom of the roster/possible cuts and Tank. I think we need to take the money we are allocating to Crawford and use it to sign Quinn. We probably need to do that AND still add another pass rusher via draft or FA. I guess we could look at signing Bennett too. Don't like the idea of him starting, but like him as a #3 DE. No pass rush, no NFL success...
The good news is, all the early Mocks have quality DE's and Safeties on the board when the Cowboys come up at 17. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jerry move up or down though. At all

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's quiet in here:
:exploding:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's quiet in here:
:exploding:

Just from history alone I think Dandy Don should be on there instead of Dak. Isn’t he in the Ring ? Never saw him play but it’s hard to argue against the Ring.

Now the order - mine would be nowhere close to that. I will just say I agree with number 1 and 4

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read either article, but the headlines show (from some writer not the team of course, but the writers have learned what to write about based on the teams history of dumb decisions) why this is a team that refuses to understand why it cannot improve. Improve the tea mby bringing back Witten, Dez and Heath :L Football is a young man's game

Cowboys news: Jerry Jones won’t rule out signing Dez Bryant or Jason Witten

Bringing back Jeff Heath could help the Cowboys in a couple of ways
Jerry loves his old players.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is, all the early Mocks have quality DE's and Safeties on the board when the Cowboys come up at 17. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jerry move up or down though. At all
DB is the most obvious need.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry should let Cooper walk as this draft is deep with quality WR's.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read either article, but the headlines show (from some writer not the team of course, but the writers have learned what to write about based on the teams history of dumb decisions) why this is a team that refuses to understand why it cannot improve. Improve the tea mby bringing back Witten, Dez and Heath :L Football is a young man's game

Cowboys news: Jerry Jones won’t rule out signing Dez Bryant or Jason Witten

Bringing back Jeff Heath could help the Cowboys in a couple of ways

No words can describe this stupidity:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L:L

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jonathan Taylor runs a 4.39 in the 40 yd dash.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys met with Jones Friday and now it's being reported he will hit FA. Hate to lose him, but probably a good call in the long run