• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys met with Jones Friday and now it's being reported he will hit FA. Hate to lose him, but probably a good call in the long run

Shame is he’ll probably go somewhere and get 3-5 picks a year. Someone is going to get a quality guy in the room though. I wish him the best.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shame is he’ll probably go somewhere and get 3-5 picks a year. Someone is going to get a quality guy in the room though. I wish him the best.
When he gets even 1, it will be special. 3-5 LOL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys met with Jones Friday and now it's being reported he will hit FA. Hate to lose him, but probably a good call in the long run
I think someone is going to pay Jones way, way more than we are considering and we will never really even be in the mix. You definitely can't be afraid to let guys go or try to resign everyone in a cap world, but I'm not sure he is the one to pass on with where it will leave us in the defensive backfield. Our defense may just flat out suck next year if we lose Jones and Quinn and don't sign any big $ free agents. I guess we may need to hang our hopes on a draft pick or 3 but tough to get top notch play year one from draft picks and especially where we are picking. At least it will as fun (as always) to read how fans think each draft pick will be an instant superstar day one...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think someone is going to pay Jones way, way more than we are considering and we will never really even be in the mix. You definitely can't be afraid to let guys go or try to resign everyone in a cap world, but I'm not sure he is the one to pass on with where it will leave us in the defensive backfield. Our defense may just flat out suck next year if we lose Jones and Quinn and don't sign any big $ free agents. I guess we may need to hang our hopes on a draft pick or 3 but tough to get top notch play year one from draft picks and especially where we are picking. At least it will as fun (as always) to read how fans think each draft pick will be an instant superstar day one...
It is a tough call, but if jones was better at getting INT's, I would be pissed at losing him. He was a really good player for us. However, I cant see paying him top dollar.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a tough call, but if jones was better at getting INT's, I would be pissed at losing him. He was a really good player for us. However, I cant see paying him top dollar.
I don't think he is worth top dollar either, but that's what FAs tend to get. Dak sure as hell isn't worth $33M but he's going to get it because that is the going rate.

I would be fine with bringing in a different cheaper corner (and probably prefer it depending on who and where else we spend the money saved) but to go into next year with the DBs that are left if we lose Jones and a draft pick or two would be dumb with how poor the rest of the D looks right now. We probably need 2 starting CBs and a starting safety if we lose Jones. At least if we grab a safety in FA we could pair him with Woods and grab 2 early CBs and increase the odds you get a starter out of the draft or luck out with improvement from Lewis/Awuzie/etc. I'd also be OK with our current DBs and a draft pick or two if we improved our pass rush but I'm not sure how we do that and also let Quinn go. Maybe Gregory plays a roll but still need another quality pass rusher. If we brought back Quinn and Bennett (as a rotational guy) and got Gregory (as a rotational guy) back and brought in a FA or an early draft pick that is way better than Hill and Taco, our DL would probably be good enough to help out the DBs enough to not see their warts. I'm a big believer in a solid DLine making it easy on the rest of the D and especially when they can get after the QB, but you have to actually have that type of DL for that philosophy to work. One star player would change this entire D but I know we aren't paying for a Clowney type. Who knows, maybe the talent is there and we just needed new coaches and/or a new scheme. I think a huge part of our shit play on D at times was the coaching/scheme. Maybe the current players surprises me with a coaching overhaul and prove the talent was there all along.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he is worth top dollar either, but that's what FAs tend to get. Dak sure as hell isn't worth $33M but he's going to get it because that is the going rate.

I would be fine with bringing in a different cheaper corner (and probably prefer it depending on who and where else we spend the money saved) but to go into next year with the DBs that are left if we lose Jones and a draft pick or two would be dumb with how poor the rest of the D looks right now. We probably need 2 starting CBs and a starting safety if we lose Jones. At least if we grab a safety in FA we could pair him with Woods and grab 2 early CBs and increase the odds you get a starter out of the draft or luck out with improvement from Lewis/Awuzie/etc. I'd also be OK with our current DBs and a draft pick or two if we improved our pass rush but I'm not sure how we do that and also let Quinn go. Maybe Gregory plays a roll but still need another quality pass rusher. If we brought back Quinn and Bennett (as a rotational guy) and got Gregory (as a rotational guy) back and brought in a FA or an early draft pick that is way better than Hill and Taco, our DL would probably be good enough to help out the DBs enough to not see their warts. I'm a big believer in a solid DLine making it easy on the rest of the D and especially when they can get after the QB, but you have to actually have that type of DL for that philosophy to work. One star player would change this entire D but I know we aren't paying for a Clowney type. Who knows, maybe the talent is there and we just needed new coaches and/or a new scheme. I think a huge part of our shit play on D at times was the coaching/scheme. Maybe the current players surprises me with a coaching overhaul and prove the talent was there all along.
I never, ever thought Jerry was going to let Dak walk, but if he is franchised, I think he is here a year and either wins a Super Bowl and gets $40 million plus or he is gone.
If he is franchised...why would Dak ever settle for less than $38-40 million after that? He will get his $33 million this year, and if they want to tag him again next year it kicks up to what, $38? And the league is going to a 17th game, the cap will go up another 30% the next five years...and the thing is, Jerry knows all this. I think Jerry will hope he wins the SB this year and then break the bank on him or if we hang another 8-8, he lets him go

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarwin should have been the starter last season. Between starting Witten and the lack of balls necessary to get rid of the kicker was reason enough to fire Garrett. Jarwin is capable of putting up huge numbers

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarwin should have been the starter last season. Between starting Witten and the lack of balls necessary to get rid of the kicker was reason enough to fire Garrett. Jarwin is capable of putting up huge numbers
The Dallas Cowboys are expected to place a second-round restricted free agent tender on tight end Blake Jarwin, and that could mean the end of Jason Witten’s tenure with the team.
The Cowboys are planning to use the high-value tender on Jarwin, which will make his salary a projected $3.3 million next season and make it so any team that wanted to sign the free agent would have to give up a second-round pick. Patrik Walker of CBS Sports reports that the Cowboys are actually planning to sign Jarwin to a long-term deal, and their desire to make him their No. 1 tight end is the main reason they have not made an enticing offer to Witten.
As Evan Silva of Establish the Run notes, Jarwin showed flashes last season of being able to play a significant role in the passing game.
Jarwin caught just 31 passes for 365 yards and three touchdowns in 2019, which was lower production than Witten across the board. However, it seems clear that the Cowboys believe he could do more than Witten if given the same opportunities going forward.
Jerry Jones recently hinted that he wants Witten to return next season, but that could be more about the relationship the veteran has with the organization. All signs point to Jarwin taking over as the team’s top tight end.

this should put your mind at ease.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft , Free Agents , and don’t sleep on the XFL. There are some damn good players in that league. Whether they were overlooked or whatever, I don’t know but some of these guys can fill roles. They have received top notch coaching. There probably aren’t any All Pros in the league, but definitely some players that will play in the NFL.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dallas Cowboys are expected to place a second-round restricted free agent tender on tight end Blake Jarwin, and that could mean the end of Jason Witten’s tenure with the team.
The Cowboys are planning to use the high-value tender on Jarwin, which will make his salary a projected $3.3 million next season and make it so any team that wanted to sign the free agent would have to give up a second-round pick. Patrik Walker of CBS Sports reports that the Cowboys are actually planning to sign Jarwin to a long-term deal, and their desire to make him their No. 1 tight end is the main reason they have not made an enticing offer to Witten.
As Evan Silva of Establish the Run notes, Jarwin showed flashes last season of being able to play a significant role in the passing game.
Jarwin caught just 31 passes for 365 yards and three touchdowns in 2019, which was lower production than Witten across the board. However, it seems clear that the Cowboys believe he could do more than Witten if given the same opportunities going forward.
Jerry Jones recently hinted that he wants Witten to return next season, but that could be more about the relationship the veteran has with the organization. All signs point to Jarwin taking over as the team’s top tight end.

this should put your mind at ease.
I'm good with this. Still waiting for a team that runs more than most to sign a TE that can block though. But, it's the Cowboys :noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Giants will tag or sign Leonard Williams. He would be a nice fit in the middle of our defense if we are going to spend some $'s there. But the guy I would really like to look at is Damon Harrison. He is older and his level of play has dropped over the past year but I think he can be a real good rotational play on early downs and I think he would come pretty cheap next year and may even sign a one year deal with very little guaranteed money.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Giants will tag or sign Leonard Williams. He would be a nice fit in the middle of our defense if we are going to spend some $'s there. But the guy I would really like to look at is Damon Harrison. He is older and his level of play has dropped over the past year but I think he can be a real good rotational play on early downs and I think he would come pretty cheap next year and may even sign a one year deal with very little guaranteed money.

I wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on Snacks either. Particularly in the role and at the price point you describe.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn’t mind taking a flyer on Snacks either. Particularly in the role and at the price point you describe.

Yep, he had a down year playing for the lions.......everyone has a down year playing for the lions. Cept my boy Bo. What a hard runner he is.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reinforces the idea that the plan is sign Coop and tag Dak

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we would be willing to sign Dak and Cooper and pay out FA $'s for Snacks Harrison and Mike Daniels (both relatively cheap), resign Quinn (or Clowney) and get an average safety. If we do all of that and let Jones and M Collins walk and also bring in a CB that can start (average CB, not a #1) we could fit it under our cap and go into the draft with no huge holes. If Clowney it would mean not bringing in a CB or something else of course; if Quinn I think we could and I would lean towards Quinn as long as we spend the saved $'s on another player or two because Clowney probably too expensive. The DL would help the DBs immensely and also help our two LBs that couldn't get off blocks too well last year to run free and use their speed. Then we are free to just go BPA in the draft with the idea of if it's close we grab CB or Safety or maybe even trade up for one, but really whomever we have graded highest would be our guy. I'm still concerned about OT depending on who gets moved where (Williams). Smith just can't be counted on long term with his constant injuries.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we would be willing to sign Dak and Cooper and pay out FA $'s for Snacks Harrison and Mike Daniels (both relatively cheap), resign Quinn (or Clowney) and get an average safety. If we do all of that and let Jones and M Collins walk and also bring in a CB that can start (average CB, not a #1) we could fit it under our cap and go into the draft with no huge holes. If Clowney it would mean not bringing in a CB or something else of course; if Quinn I think we could and I would lean towards Quinn as long as we spend the saved $'s on another player or two because Clowney probably too expensive. The DL would help the DBs immensely and also help our two LBs that couldn't get off blocks too well last year to run free and use their speed. Then we are free to just go BPA in the draft with the idea of if it's close we grab CB or Safety or maybe even trade up for one, but really whomever we have graded highest would be our guy. I'm still concerned about OT depending on who gets moved where (Williams). Smith just can't be counted on long term with his constant injuries.
Or, just keep our average safety duo.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have we even heard yet what kind of defense we will be playing?
If the ultimate goal is to switch to mainly using a 3-4 Quinn doesnt fit anymore.

If we stay mainly a 4-3 (which is what I hope) then yes I want to keep Quinn. Who I thought played the best on DL last year.