• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have we even heard yet what kind of defense we will be playing?
If the ultimate goal is to switch to mainly using a 3-4 Quinn doesnt fit anymore.

If we stay mainly a 4-3 (which is what I hope) then yes I want to keep Quinn. Who I thought played the best on DL last year.
I believe McCarthy has stated it will be a 4-3 or at least more 4-3 than 3-4, but don't hold me to it. I think the general consensus is we may run a little of both.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe McCarthy has stated it will be a 4-3 or at least more 4-3 than 3-4, but don't hold me to it. I think the general consensus is we may run a little of both.
hope so.
We have always did a little of both

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard-ass pass..

These fanboy blogs... mindless. It’s as if they don’t watch actual games.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard-ass pass..

These fanboy blogs... mindless. It’s as if they don’t watch actual games.

I'm not sure I agree with you. He was really fantastic up until a couple of years ago and then had an injury plagued season that was said to be the cause of his poor play. Honestly I don't remember why he was so poor last year and in fact I didn't see him that much last year so I have to temper my comments and not assume it wasn't due to declining ability. But, I can't name a CB on our team other than Jones that I would confidently say is even close to as good as Rhodes CAN be. I guess there are two issues: how much and what do the scouts think. But, I would love to at least kick the tires.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I agree with you. He was really fantastic up until a couple of years ago and then had an injury plagued season that was said to be the cause of his poor play. Honestly I don't remember why he was so poor last year and in fact I didn't see him that much last year so I have to temper my comments and not assume it wasn't due to declining ability. But, I can't name a CB on our team other than Jones that I would confidently say is even close to as good as Rhodes CAN be. I guess there are two issues: how much and what do the scouts think. But, I would love to at least kick the tires.

Injured in 2018... injured in 2019... and my coworkers in Apple Valley say he’s lost a step at age 29. Just seems we can do the same or better with less of a cap via the draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ETKRXrqUMAAm-In

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injured in 2018... injured in 2019... and my coworkers in Apple Valley say he’s lost a step at age 29. Just seems we can do the same or better with less of a cap via the draft.
So he was injured last year too? Maybe he still has superstar ability if healthy? Who knows. All depends on the Benjamins I guess

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez. What percent is that? Idiots

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another big jump

ETKYdvbWoAIee3Q

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the possible problem I see with a 29 yr old DB that "might've" lost a step. he played in a Zimmer Defense.
Zimmer is awesome at smoke & mirrors & hiding deficiencies in players. he has had high end ranked defenses with lesser players throughout his career.
As you say. Wouldnt mind kickin' the tires, just to see what he might have left. But I would be reserved to just signing him. bring him in for a looksee is about all I would want at this point.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper Rush

While the Cowboys are certainly trying to figure out the best plan to keep their starting quarterback, they at least made an attempt to keep their backup. As expected, the team issued a restricted offer tender to Cooper Rush, giving him the "original round" tender of about $2.1 million.

Since Rush wasn't drafted, the Cowboys would not receive draft compensation if another team signed him to an offer sheet, although the Cowboys would now have the ability to match the deal.

Rush has been Dak Prescott's backup since 2017, playing in just five games with only three career pass attempts.

For those hoping we improve our back up Qb situation in case Dak goes down.
This might be a WTF moment.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper Rush

While the Cowboys are certainly trying to figure out the best plan to keep their starting quarterback, they at least made an attempt to keep their backup. As expected, the team issued a restricted offer tender to Cooper Rush, giving him the "original round" tender of about $2.1 million.

Since Rush wasn't drafted, the Cowboys would not receive draft compensation if another team signed him to an offer sheet, although the Cowboys would now have the ability to match the deal.

Rush has been Dak Prescott's backup since 2017, playing in just five games with only three career pass attempts.

Meh. To me, if someone signs Rush, we draft a QB instead and upgrade the talent at the position for around the same price

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. To me, if someone signs Rush, we draft a QB instead and upgrade the talent at the position for around the same price
that is my whole point.
I would like to improve our back up spot.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper Rush

Nobody was going to sign Rush. He just not good.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the possible problem I see with a 29 yr old DB that "might've" lost a step. he played in a Zimmer Defense.
Zimmer is awesome at smoke & mirrors & hiding deficiencies in players. he has had high end ranked defenses with lesser players throughout his career.
As you say. Wouldnt mind kickin' the tires, just to see what he might have left. But I would be reserved to just signing him. bring him in for a looksee is about all I would want at this point.
His elite years had little to do with Zimmer IMO. He was at a shut down level. Plus he was still with Zimmer the last 2 years

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he was injured last year too? Maybe he still has superstar ability if healthy? Who knows. All depends on the Benjamins I guess
We have to check out anyone with potential to help our secondary.