• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rush has always been horrible. Noodle arm.
I thought our first and second rounders looked good last night. To me the biggest problems were Rush and the penalties.

I don’t get the roughing penalty on Williams. He hit him on the release and not too hard and didn’t even land on him. He also blew up a run due to penetration and turned the guy back in to Hill for a 2 yard loss and he overpowered the OT and pushed him all the way back to the QB on another play. Plus I thought he got around the OT a few times with his speed. We heard all about his speed and strength and I thought both were on display. needs to improve a little against the run but that was also already expected. I think he is going to be a rotation guy on passing downs at some point this year

on Tyler smith:

The pre snap penalties are a Coaching problem? Inexcusable. But on the other hand some of the other ones were just terrible calls by a certain ref crew that continuously botches calls whenever they work Cowboys games. This crew should be fired for incompetence. That call on William's was a joke. All William's did there was a clean hit.. One of the holding calls on Smith was not holding IMO.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season gonna be trash. Predicting 8-9 record and the whole coaching staff being let go.
I see 8-10 wins happening. This is a very young team that has serious depth problem at OT. There is just enough talent to possibly win the NFC East,but not sure if they can win a playoff game. Until this team plays smarter they won't go far.

Now one thing to consider from this game is Rush and Denucci are bums.

The run defense got off to a good start. The Broncos running game was shut down.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Farniok get snaps against 1st stringers to see if can possibly push Biadz to the bench. Farniok has shown that he can more than hold his own against backups. I just dont think Biadz is that great a center.

Dak_&_Zeke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a little premature don't you think. have any of our major starters played yet
Don’t matter. They had a whole offseason to address our disciplinary issues and if the backups are having issues then I don’t expect much from our starters. Combine that with Diggs and Kelvin Joesph being burnt toast in camp plus uncertainty in the WR room is just a perfect storm for another season of disappointment and mediocrity.

I’m really hope I’m wrong, but I’m not expecting much this season. THANK GOD we not in the AFC lol

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DaRon Bland looked good. Nashon Wright could lose his spot. Wright continuously hyped during camp and then stinks in games.

Bland was looking like a baller out there. Bland could make a good safety/corner hybrid. The instincts and athletic ability were evident. He did good things in coverage and was seeking contact in run defense. I thought Bland was all more training camp hype. Glad I was wrong.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything seems normal here after one preseason game.
Fair enough lol, but if(when) Tyron Smith misses a few games, our $40 million QB is gonna get killed if we don't sign at least one vet OL. If Smith goes down, they would push Tyler Smith out to tackle and start McGovern at guard. Tyler us gonna be fine at guard but isn't ready for tackle. McGovern is a scrub. My problem with the amount of cap room we have is that we could have easily kept Collins, who is better than any OL we have past Tyron and Martin

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough lol, but if(when) Tyron Smith misses a few games, our $40 million QB is gonna get killed if we don't sign at least one vet OL. If Smith goes down, they would push Tyler Smith out to tackle and start McGovern at guard. Tyler us gonna be fine at guard but isn't ready for tackle. McGovern is a scrub. My problem with the amount of cap room we have is that we could have easily kept Collins, who is better than any OL we have past Tyron and Martin
You have to look at the whole picture.

Collins missed more time than Smith, the team couldn't go into 2022 with both OTs at risk on sure injury, and Steele out played Collins.

So yes in hindsight they should have rolled with Collins, but the evidence in front of us says they were right at the time.

They really need to find Tyrons replacement. If thats Tyler, then they need a new RT.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough.

Either we disagree or you know more about football players abilities than I.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what it's worth. I'm not convinced the number one problem this coming season will be Tyron hurt. Like Sean Lee, I just can't assume he will be hurt. Sorry, not ready to assume extremely good football players, and Tyron's case, great football player are soft to injury.

No disrespect....I'm also not advanced enough to determine McGovern is a scrub.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to look at the whole picture.

Collins missed more time than Smith, the team couldn't go into 2022 with both OTs at risk on sure injury, and Steele out played Collins.

So yes in hindsight they should have rolled with Collins, but the evidence in front of us says they were right at the time.

They really need to find Tyrons replacement. If thats Tyler, then they need a new RT.
The reason it was a questionable move at the time was because they did it without a smart backup plan. That's not how you build an NFL roster IMO. I had no problem cutting Collins. My problem was cutting him and then not replacing him with a FA that at least provides you with an option if your draft picks (it was pre-draft but they obviously planned to pick OL because they 100% drafted for need) don't work out and you had no guarantee on the roster to fill that spot.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason it was a questionable move at the time was because they did it without a smart backup plan. That's not how you build an NFL roster IMO. I had no problem cutting Collins. My problem was cutting him and then not replacing him with a FA that at least provides you with an option if your draft picks (it was pre-draft but they obviously planned to pick OL because they 100% drafted for need) don't work out and you had no guarantee on the roster to fill that spot.
I think the backup plan was Steele starting, I'm not really defending it, just what I believe the FO was thinking. Personally if Steele was/is better I'd gladly put him at RT and would have moved Collins to G, where he was a road grader. That would have made the whole OL much better with great flexibility.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the backup plan was Steele starting, I'm not really defending it, just what I believe the FO was thinking. Personally if Steele was/is better I'd gladly put him at RT and would have moved Collins to G, where he was a road grader. That would have made the whole OL much better with great flexibility.
Swing Tackle