• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some miscellaneous stuff

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I disagree is if you commit $40M per to Dak he needs to do get the job done without those things because you can't afford them all in a cap world
And if you can't get these things do you pay him?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is the poster child for what is wrong with this defense.

Great story working his ass to get back on a football field. One descent season, gets paid and is far and away the worst LB I've seen in Dallas.
I've seen darn near every LB to ever wear the star. Fucker is delusional

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is the poster child for what is wrong with this defense.

Great story working his ass to get back on a football field. One descent season, gets paid and is far and away the worst LB I've seen in Dallas.
I've seen darn near every LB to ever wear the star. Fucker is delusional
I’m not sure I’d rank him below Barbie... but he’s damn sure not nearly as good as he seems to believe he is.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If paying DAK $40 per yr is what it takes to win a SB so be it. I like the guy and hope he is our franchise QB. To me the price is too high for any QB but it is only an opinion and nothing against Dak. However, if Jerry pays up, then he needs to give Dak every tool to help him take us to the SB. Tools include a coaching staff worthy of Dak's caliber and an OL and Defense.
If Jerry is not willing then you have a expensive QB that has been expected to do the near impossible. Then the question is,was $40 thou to much.
Nope if you pay him 40mill you have no more tools.
I don’t pay Dak it’s time to move on pick Your reasons but he is not affordable IMHO. Cowboys need a new QB I like Dak but he is unaffordable unless you want more of 5-11 or 8-8 with a 9-7 wildcard blowout in the playoffs. JMHO others will feel differently

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t pay Dak it’s time to move on pick Your reasons but he is not affordable IMHO. Cowboys need a new QB I like Dak but he is unaffordable unless you want more of 5-11 or 8-8 with a 9-7 wildcard blowout in the playoffs. JMHO others will feel differently
You got my point.Without tools why pay the market price if you have not the tools to support him. I love the guy but not if we can't win with him because of cap. JMHO and others will disagree.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you can't get these things do you pay him?
I struggle to come up with a scenario where we are better off letting him walk that doesn't include dismantling the team. I'm fine unloading Dak and a bunch of other good players and building towards something in a couple of years with all the picks and cap space if it would yield a better shot at a trophy, but there are no guarantees and do we trust Jones incorporated to even be able to do that? Plus Jerry knows he doesn't have too many seasons left at this point.

I'd pay him and hope for the best. If we had a top 2 pick I might go a different route, but I think if you let Dak go you have to start over and I don't think we have to do that. We do have some talent on this team

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We pick #10 in draft

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are enough "tools"
this team does not need to sign any high dollar FA...they need players to come back from injury and be who they've been AND they need to draft well on defense. Drafting is the key, not a high demand free agent

I'm good with you colors but it blows my mind you have this opinion. It seems you have no regard to what the next TV contracts will do for the cap after next season. The worst thing this team could do is roll with Andy Dalton and a rookie. The second worst is to play another year with Dak franchised. They need to sign him long term and put the large cap hits when the new TV contract is in play. The future is 40 plus million for a proven NFL QB....thats where this league is going and the cap will be well over 200M to support a 40M per QB

This team will be fine next season with Dak under a long term deal and cutting Crawford....after next season, they can reduce or cut/trade Cooper, #54 and Elliott.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are enough "tools"
this team does not need to sign any high dollar FA...they need players to come back from injury and be who they've been AND they need to draft well on defense. Drafting is the key, not a high demand free agent

I'm good with you colors but it blows my mind you have this opinion. It seems you have no regard to what the next TV contracts will do for the cap after next season. The worst thing this team could do is roll with Andy Dalton and a rookie. The second worst is to play another year with Dak franchised. They need to sign him long term and put the large cap hits when the new TV contract is in play. The future is 40 plus million for a proven NFL QB....thats where this league is going and the cap will be well over 200M to support a 40M per QB

This team will be fine next season with Dak under a long term deal and cutting Crawford....after next season, they can reduce or cut/trade Cooper, #54 and Elliott.
Totally agree. You roll with Dalton and a rookie, you will be looking at 6-10.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless... I sure hope we don’t throw a big bag of money at the other underperforming LB that can’t stay on the football field more than Sean Lee.
Hard to believe that these linebackers play so bad. Need to draft one. there is no way they extend LVE unless he bounces back. he cant stay on field. It seems like the linebackers were exposed in the Rams playoff game and they never recovered .. jaylon Smith also lost the burst he showed in 2018.. it get tiring watching him celebrate after he tackles someone and they made a 1st down..

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we pick #10 and we assume 3 QBs and 2 WRs go before us (just my assumption YMMV) then we get the 5th best non QB/WR on our board. We aren't getting Sewell, so the 4th best defensive player on our board? That sounds pretty good to me

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are enough "tools"

I understand your points. I have said it before I really like Dak . We have tools on Offensive at WR and RB . Starting to get thin on OL and well the defense we could throw a dart and improve at most places. My issue is 2 fold with the 40 million contract is the percentage it will take of the cap. The other issue is Daks agent, from what I have read he has a contentious relationship with the Cowboys. This whole mess should have been done 2 years ago it’s part Cowboys and part Dak feeling disrespected because he did not get the big offers like Goff and Wentz. He did turn down a 5 year $175 million contract last year. I am not sure Dak is getting the best advice on signing . I don’t want a Goff or Wentz situation in Dallas I do think Dak is better than both of them. At some point you have to draw a line this is all we are Going to pay for this many years. I want Dak back at a contract that is good for both Dak and The Cowboys but if not it’s just time to move on and endure all the pain that comes with that decision. I hope they work it out but I just don’t think it will happen. I pray I’m im wrong

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your points. I have said it before I really like Dak . We have tools on Offensive at WR and RB . Starting to get thin on OL and well the defense we could throw a dart and improve at most places. My issue is 2 fold with the 40 million contract is the percentage it will take of the cap. The other issue is Daks agent, from what I have read he has a contentious relationship with the Cowboys. This whole mess should have been done 2 years ago it’s part Cowboys and part Dak feeling disrespected because he did not get the big offers like Goff and Wentz. He did turn down a 5 year $175 million contract last year. I am not sure Dak is getting the best advice on signing . I don’t want a Goff or Wentz situation in Dallas I do think Dak is better than both of them. At some point you have to draw a line this is all we are Going to pay for this many years. I want Dak back at a contract that is good for both Dak and The Cowboys but if not it’s just time to move on and endure all the pain that comes with that decision. I hope they work it out but I just don’t think it will happen. I pray I’m im wrong
I think they will work it out this offseason. But, it takes two sides to agree to a deal. Some fans continue to act as Dak plays no role in the fact that he is still unsigned and seem to assume the correct terms are whatever Dak wants them to be. But, that's Cowboys fans and social media for you.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak will likely be tagged. It would be bad business to give Dak a big contract before that ankle heals.. I just have a feeling both sides play hardball again.. I thought the Cowboys offered Dak a good contract last year. Dak may be given.bad advice. Dak obviously has lots of leverage. I mean Dalton sucked yesterday. He could not throw accurately yesterday in the first half.

I get that Lamb dropped that pass,but that no excuse to throw the ball up for grabs on 3rd down...Dalton just is not clutch, it is that simple. Anybody that thinks Dalton could lead this team on a playoff run is kidding themselves. I watched Dalton play in the playoffs and it was not good. He chokes