• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Some key names to follow for the way-way-too-early '24 draft

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't use our 1st pick on a QB, with Caleb Williams and Drake Maye being the two popular names for such, we might consider taking one with the other 1st rounder. Here's a kid who's rising up the ranks like there's no tomorrow:

What's amazing is none of those highlights reflect his last game against Florida where he accounted for 606 total yards & 5 TDs - that's not a misprint.
Passing: 17/26 372 yds 3 TDs
Rushing: 12/234 yds 2 TDs

I think prior to the start of this season Daniels was in the lower end of the top 10 ranked QBs at best, likely a late 2nd-early 3rd round pick. But the way he's played so far this year, which includes a 30-4 TD-INT ratio and averaging 8.1 ydg/gm on the ground, he's now very much in the Heisman Trophy conversation, and with little doubt he's also in the conversation as a possible 1st round candidate. Not suggesting at this point that we use this valuable second of our two 1st rounders on him or any QB for that matter. But Poles may get an opportunity to trade back later in the 1st, and who knows who might be on his radar at that point.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get a top 3 pick and we dont get one of these three players in Williams,Maye or MHJ,our organization is one of thee absolute worst in NFL history......
We are close to it now,but without one of those 3 with a top 3 pick,itll be assured we are it........

They aldo need a offensive minded coach.......Eburfluss and Getsy need to hit the road......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we get a top 3 pick and we dont get one of these three players in Williams,Maye or MHJ,our organization is one of thee absolute worst in NFL history......
We are close to it now,but without one of those 3 with a top 3 pick,itll be assured we are it........

They aldo need a offensive minded coach.......Eburfluss and Getsy need to hit the road......
This is why I focused on the 2nd of our two 1st rounders, and even that was based on Poles not taking a QB with our 1st. We can't rule out him using the first pick on Harrison, Jr. Naturally if we use our 1st pick on a QB, then any other QB remaining becomes a moot point.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m casting my vote for Drake Maye. The genius has spoken.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An early review of Olu Fashanu, considered by most to be the top left tackle in next year's draft and possibly a top 5 overall pick:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter who the Bears pick. Coaching will fuck it up.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears stay at #1 with the Panthers pick, they will take Caleb Williams QB USC. He's the most ready to start immediately in the NFL. He has all of the tools needed today. Arm, accuracy, legs and most important the brain. The Bears will probably win just enough games to knock themselves out of the top 10.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Bears stay at #1 with the Panthers pick, they will take Caleb Williams QB USC. He's the most ready to start immediately in the NFL. He has all of the tools needed today. Arm, accuracy, legs and most important the brain. The Bears will probably win just enough games to knock themselves out of the top 10.
The bold part is where we may disagree. A couple of months ago, I might have concurred 100% with your take, but some of this guy's attitude and style of play of late have made me question if he's truly #1 pick in the draft material.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a drama fag. :drama:

I seen some highlites of the Michigan/Maryland game,Tua Tags brother also had to be consoled by his Dad......

I never watch cfb,but do these kids really need a sympathy pat on the back,or was it just a coincident that it was just yhose two that I seen.......??
Thats kinda embarrassing......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another QB I've been following is Oregon's Bo Nix. This dude knows how to command an offense. There isn't a throw he can't make, and while he's not large by NFL standards (6'2/217), he's big enough to make it in this league. This is another QB to monitor in the event we either trade our first pick or use it on someone like Harrison, Jr.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another QB I've been following is Oregon's Bo Nix. This dude knows how to command an offense. There isn't a throw he can't make, and while he's not large by NFL standards (6'2/217), he's big enough to make it in this league. This is another QB to monitor in the event we either trade our first pick or use it on someone like Harrison, Jr.
Hey. I saw him first. That’s my future bust pal.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State lost a mammoth battle against Michigan today (and a great game at that), but Marvin Harrison Jr did nothing to dispell the opinions of many that he's the best player in college football. Assuming the Bears end up with the #1 pick and don't (1) trade the pick or (2) use it on a QB, there's a strong possibility that MH could be the one Poles selects.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State lost a mammoth battle against Michigan today (and a great game at that), but Marvin Harrison Jr did nothing to dispell the opinions of many that he's the best player in college football. Assuming the Bears end up with the #1 pick and don't (1) trade the pick or (2) use it on a QB, there's a strong possibility that MH could be the one Poles selects.

I would love for MHJ to be a Bear.......

If we dont take him at one,Arizona probably snags him up to pair with Murray.........
It would also make Arizonas pick very desirable for the qb needy teams if we took Harrison.......and theres a lot of them.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for MHJ to be a Bear.......

If we dont take him at one,Arizona probably snags him up to pair with Murray.........
It would also make Arizonas pick very desirable for the qb needy teams if we took Harrison.......and theres a lot of them.....
No doubt for the Bears or any team for that matter with the #1 pick taking a non-QB, it makes the team with the #2 pick that much more in the driver's seat. Things can change as the rest of the collegiate season rolls on. But as of right now I see 5 QBs that could easily go in the 1st round and not necessarily in this order:

Caleb Williams, USC
Drake Maye, North Carolina
Bo Nix, Oregon
Jayden Daniels, LSU
Michael Penix, Jr, Washington

I think the arrows have been pointing down of late for Williams and Maye. Yet when it's all said and done, Williams probably will still be the first QB taken, altho it's not a sure thing. And the way Maye has been playing lately, I see his stock dropping too. Still, he too might remain the consensus #2 QB taken. This is why it wouldn't suprise me if Poles trades back that #1 pick, assuming of course the Panthers bless us with such. If he can trade back for some draft capital, which I'm guessing would also include a '25 1st round pick, and still remain in the top 5 or 6, QBs like Nix and Daniels could still be on the board. These two are having incredible seasons and very much worthy of a possible selection by Poles.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt for the Bears or any team for that matter with the #1 pick taking a non-QB, it makes the team with the #2 pick that much more in the driver's seat. Things can change as the rest of the collegiate season rolls on. But as of right now I see 5 QBs that could easily go in the 1st round and not necessarily in this order:

Caleb Williams, USC
Drake Maye, North Carolina
Bo Nix, Oregon
Jayden Daniels, LSU
Michael Penix, Jr, Washington

I think the arrows have been pointing down of late for Williams and Maye. Yet when it's all said and done, Williams probably will still be the first QB taken, altho it's not a sure thing. And the way Maye has been playing lately, I see his stock dropping too. Still, he too might remain the consensus #2 QB taken. This is why it wouldn't suprise me if Poles trades back that #1 pick, assuming of course the Panthers bless us with such. If he can trade back for some draft capital, which I'm guessing would also include a '25 1st round pick, and still remain in the top 5 or 6, QBs like Nix and Daniels could still be on the board. These two are having incredible seasons and very much worthy of a possible selection by Poles.

I seen a little bit of the Washington game yesterday( but just glances),never realized Penix was lefthanded,which throws me off.......
I just never liked leftys........Tua is just lucky they have the real mvp candidate in Tyreke Hill otherwise hes just an average nobody......imo of course

Last great qb that was a Lefty I can think of is Steve Young.......so I say no to Penix.

And never heard of Daniels.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seen a little bit of the Washington game yesterday( but just glances),never realized Penix was lefthanded,which throws me off.......
I just never liked leftys........Tua is just lucky they have the real mvp candidate in Tyreke Hill otherwise hes just an average nobody......imo of course

Last great qb that was a Lefty I can think of is Steve Young.......so I say no to Penix.

And never heard of Daniels.......
I'm with you on Penix, I only listed him because on just about every draft prospect site, he's regarded as a top 5 QB. And if you haven't heard of Daniels, run some game film footage on him. You'll get to know him pretty well.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one thing to blow either of those, but both? Damn, that was some sorry scouting involved there.
This does not surprise me. You should know I am not a big fan of rookies. Imagine the NFL with 200 teams. This is essentially D1 college football.

That said I found the article that researched draft success. The stat that stood out is that on average only 8% of draft picks are better than replacement value. That roughly translates to about 20 players out of 260 selected. (This doesn't bode well for all 32 teams if only 20 in the draft are better than what they have.)

Am I against drafting players? Not at all. But the article did touch on some reasons why fans shouldn't get their hopes up:

The more difficult part is developing the players that you drafted. How well players respond to coaching, and to a league where a player’s physical gifts are no longer a major advantage, are part of the factors that are difficult to assess pre-draft. How much work and discipline a player will exhibit after being handed millions can be an issue too.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincoln Riley confirms Caleb Williams will not play in USCs bowl game.......

Hes coming out into the draft.......

Hes a Bear........I love MHJ,but Im betting the Bears call CWs bluff of wanting to play for only a couple of teams.....

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lincoln Riley confirms Caleb Williams will not play in USCs bowl game.......

Hes coming out into the draft.......

Hes a Bear........I love MHJ,but Im betting the Bears call CWs bluff of not wanting to play for only a couple of teams.....
A bluff won't be needed at all. The #1 draft pick will receive the largest rookie contract next year. And being a quarterback, Williams or Maye or whichever QB lands at #1 will likely be able to add some additional coinage to that contract just because of the position itself. Bottom line, he'll play for the team that drafts him.