• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some gems in today's Down Goes Brown

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down Goes Brown: Western Conference playoff preview

#7 Detroit Red Wings vs. #2 Anaheim Ducks

The view from Detroit: The Red Wings deserve respect for their dramatic late-season playoff push, but announcing that they plan to fill their Gatorade bottles with the tears of Columbus Blue Jacket fans still seems a little over-the-top.

The view from Anaheim: Fought hard all year to climb the standings, clinch a high seed, and put themselves in the position to be the "shocking first round upset" pick in literally every postseason preview on the planet.

Player to watch: Nicklas Lidstrom, if you're one of the round-the-clock security guards hired by the other 29 NHL teams to make sure he never even thinks about coming back.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ooof sorry Dash

Jagr: Got to witness teammate Ulf Samuelsson scoring the Stanley Cup-winning goal against the North Stars in 1991, although the moment was somewhat anti-climactic since the game ended up being an 8-0 blowout.
Iginla: Got to witness teammate Martin Gelinas scoring the Stanley Cup-winning goal against the Lightning in 2004, although the moment was somewhat anti-climactic since everyone eventually decided to just give the Cup to Tampa Bay anyways.

:gaah::lame::bullshit:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
islanders_penguins.jpg

The Islanders kept it close until a
second Penguins player showed up.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player to watch: Erik Karlsson's injured leg is 100% back to normal, because it was always made out of a glowing metallic substance that makes a weird humming sound so just stop asking about that, OK?

Cool.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Player to watch: Erik Karlsson's injured leg is 100% back to normal, because it was always made out of a glowing metallic substance that makes a weird humming sound so just stop asking about that, OK?

Cool.

im missing something in this one. but Im only on my second cup of coffee

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a reference to the amazing healing powers of Wolverine, Matty...

well I should be ashamed but thats a pretty bad description of the adamantium in Wolverine... it doesnt hum and thats not what would have healed him. it would have been his accelerated healing process or in other terms his mutant healing factor

:nerd:

Last edited by a moderator:

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bandwagon Fan's Guide to the NHL Playoffs - The Triangle Blog - Grantland

No. 10 — Minnesota Wild

Why you should cheer for them: Minnesota is one of the league’s great hockey states. The Wild aggressively rebuilt their roster, and they snuck into the last playoff spot in their final regular-season game. Minnesota used to have the North Stars, and the North Stars were awesome.

Why you shouldn’t: Their owner spent almost $200 million on free agents, then helped spearhead a lockout because spending was out of control.

The bottom line: Also, they’re getting swept in the first round. So there’s that.

LOL

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down Goes Brown: Western Conference playoff preview

#7 Detroit Red Wings vs. #2 Anaheim Ducks

The view from Detroit: The Red Wings deserve respect for their dramatic late-season playoff push, but announcing that they plan to fill their Gatorade bottles with the tears of Columbus Blue Jacket fans still seems a little over-the-top.

The view from Anaheim: Fought hard all year to climb the standings, clinch a high seed, and put themselves in the position to be the "shocking first round upset" pick in literally every postseason preview on the planet.

Player to watch: Nicklas Lidstrom, if you're one of the round-the-clock security guards hired by the other 29 NHL teams to make sure he never even thinks about coming back.

It's like he knows about forty-three. :heh:

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
lol. a true wordsmith

Choosing the Blues as your bandwagon team would be like going to an ice cream parlor and asking for vanilla. Solid choice. Maybe even a strong choice. Just … live a little, you know?

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that I'd love for something good to happen to the Islanders fans.

I think beating the Pens in the first round would be a hell of a star-*looks at score of game*-oh for fuck's sake, New York.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Down Goes Brown: What went wrong? Excuses from the NHL's losers

Calgary Flames - Finally got around to taking down that big banner reading "Remember, we went to the Finals a few years ago so let's just keep the same roster together until we hit rock bottom" from our dressing room, because it was a terrible idea and demoralized our players and also the Vancouver Canucks need it now.

:L

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas Stars - Had a room full of guys who were all working towards the same ultimate goal, and nothing will ever match the look of excitement in a player's eyes when he gets pulled into the coach's office and told he's finally earned a call-up to Pittsburgh.

:laugh:

(Would you believe I'm partial to this one for a reason?)