• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

some comments on the game and our team

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-Hell of a win! Huge for us for a number of reasons. We needed the confidence of beating an elite team and specifically, beating the Seahawks. Our playoff spot was not secure and in jeopardy and this win is huge. We have a little bit of room and are looking pretty good with the last few games to go.

-Our defense was kind of up and down this game. They came out great with a lot of energy and seemed to wear out. They stepped it up in the 2nd half luckily because it wasn't looking good near the end of the 1st half. It kind of seems like they get gassed easily but they weren't on the field all that long.

-Our pass rush was pretty inconsistent to bad. A few times, we couldn't get any pressure and others, it seemed like pressure was late or Wilson was able to escape. Aldon didn't seem to do too much out there.

-Bowman and Justin Smith stuck out for me on defense. Brooks had some good plays as well.

-Willis looked really slow on a few of those coverages. Some one in the game thread said it looked like Willis was battling Asthma.(lol) Seemed to sum it up well there.

-Our coverage overall was pretty good but for some damn reason, Seattle gets some receivers WIDE open. They have done it every game I've watched of them this year.

-I think Seattle does have the superior coaching staff. They seem to have some nicely designed plays and a good flow for their offense. Their defense is so loaded with talent I dont know how much coaching is needed there.

-Crabtree is huge for our offense.(no surprise) Its kind of amazing just how much our other receivers have sucked in filling in for Crabtree. Seeing Boldin and Crabtree out there was very encouraging. I love passion and fire these two bring to our offense as well.

-Anthony Davis continues to struggle. I dont know if he's getting lazy since he got his contract extension but he has clearly regressed this year.

-Kaepernick played overall ok. He had some shit plays and some real good plays. He went through progressions a little bit and his accuracy was up and down.

-Having a running game get some yards is really big for us. Before the big Gore run, we weren't running great but still had a few decent runs here and there. This is something we couldn't do in Seattle at all.

-Synder definitely hasn't been great by any means, but I really feel like we do not miss Iupati THAT much. With the kind of contract is is going to to get, I dont think its really worth it for our team to resign him. I'd definitely like to keep him, but there are too many other good players.

-Osgood has been a really good Special Teams player for us this year. I'd really like to lock him up. Anyone know how long of contract he has currently?

-Phil Dawson has been awesome. Its been night and day from Akers of last season. Great to have.

-The refs were pretty damn shitty this game. There were some blown calls for both teams. We had some really costly missed flags that didn't go our way. The missed pass interference on Crabtree was extremely frustrating.

-I still think its going to be extremely difficult for us to go into Seattle in the playoffs and get a win. I'm not really sure how we could pull it off. We'd need some really lucky plays to go our way. I hate the match up.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have no confidence in going to Seattle to pull out a win. Crabtree is still not 100% and I refuse to believe that Golden Tate is that good. Plus he'll be even better when they insert Harvin back on their line up. We need a dominating NT.

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be all excited about this win, but I can't, I feel empty. When you look at the numbers in terms of points in regards to margin of victory between these 2 teams taking home and home over the last 2 years, the Niners have won by a combined 9 points while Seattle has won by a combined 55 at QWest where we would likely have to play if all things hold to go to the Supebowl. For the first time my alarm is going off about Colin's progression as I really believe some regression has occurred, as watching today's game I really feel it was more decision making than play calling that stalled drives. Seattle was flagged 9 times for 85 ( I don't recall the exact number for their transgressions in the secondary) and we scrape by to win by 2? I'm going to venture to say, that's not going to happen in the 2and season, especially with the Hawks at home.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
-Hell of a win! Huge for us for a number of reasons. We needed the confidence of beating an elite team and specifically, beating the Seahawks. Our playoff spot was not secure and in jeopardy and this win is huge. We have a little bit of room and are looking pretty good with the last few games to go.

-Our defense was kind of up and down this game. They came out great with a lot of energy and seemed to wear out. They stepped it up in the 2nd half luckily because it wasn't looking good near the end of the 1st half. It kind of seems like they get gassed easily but they weren't on the field all that long.

-Our pass rush was pretty inconsistent to bad. A few times, we couldn't get any pressure and others, it seemed like pressure was late or Wilson was able to escape. Aldon didn't seem to do too much out there.

-Bowman and Justin Smith stuck out for me on defense. Brooks had some good plays as well.

-Willis looked really slow on a few of those coverages. Some one in the game thread said it looked like Willis was battling Asthma.(lol) Seemed to sum it up well there.

-Our coverage overall was pretty good but for some damn reason, Seattle gets some receivers WIDE open. They have done it every game I've watched of them this year.

-I think Seattle does have the superior coaching staff. They seem to have some nicely designed plays and a good flow for their offense. Their defense is so loaded with talent I dont know how much coaching is needed there.

-Crabtree is huge for our offense.(no surprise) Its kind of amazing just how much our other receivers have sucked in filling in for Crabtree. Seeing Boldin and Crabtree out there was very encouraging. I love passion and fire these two bring to our offense as well.

-Anthony Davis continues to struggle. I dont know if he's getting lazy since he got his contract extension but he has clearly regressed this year.

-Kaepernick played overall ok. He had some shit plays and some real good plays. He went through progressions a little bit and his accuracy was up and down.

-Having a running game get some yards is really big for us. Before the big Gore run, we weren't running great but still had a few decent runs here and there. This is something we couldn't do in Seattle at all.

-Synder definitely hasn't been great by any means, but I really feel like we do not miss Iupati THAT much. With the kind of contract is is going to to get, I dont think its really worth it for our team to resign him. I'd definitely like to keep him, but there are too many other good players.

-Osgood has been a really good Special Teams player for us this year. I'd really like to lock him up. Anyone know how long of contract he has currently?

-Phil Dawson has been awesome. Its been night and day from Akers of last season. Great to have.

-The refs were pretty damn shitty this game. There were some blown calls for both teams. We had some really costly missed flags that didn't go our way. The missed pass interference on Crabtree was extremely frustrating.

-I still think its going to be extremely difficult for us to go into Seattle in the playoffs and get a win. I'm not really sure how we could pull it off. We'd need some really lucky plays to go our way. I hate the match up.

didn't get a LOT of pressure cause you try to keep Wilson inside.

Kaep missed opportunities and didn't think he had a good game. an ok game but not a good one.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well that sucks cause didnt know you the Seahawks Line is the worst in the league<sarcasm>

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no confidence in going to Seattle to pull out a win. Crabtree is still not 100% and I refuse to believe that Golden Tate is that good. Plus he'll be even better when they insert Harvin back on their line up. We need a dominating NT.

I want to be all excited about this win, but I can't, I feel empty. When you look at the numbers in terms of points in regards to margin of victory between these 2 teams taking home and home over the last 2 years, the Niners have won by a combined 9 points while Seattle has won by a combined 55 at QWest where we would likely have to play if all things hold to go to the Supebowl. For the first time my alarm is going off about Colin's progression as I really believe some regression has occurred, as watching today's game I really feel it was more decision making than play calling that stalled drives. Seattle was flagged 9 times for 85 ( I don't recall the exact number for their transgressions in the secondary) and we scrape by to win by 2? I'm going to venture to say, that's not going to happen in the 2and season, especially with the Hawks at home.

you two get it....

Kap really needs to straighten his reads and better his decision making.... in the 2nd half, he threw across his body short to Boldin rather than throwing in front of him to Gore... this guy does not read or check, I've been crying that he only throws to Boldin and sometimes its funny but i'm really trying to say something about his man crush lol....

Defense we got by, i didn't like all the missed tackles, the poor holds up front and last but not least the 50/50 coverage..... all this, while at home.... its surprising.... Fangio really needs to throw in some exotic blitzes or use of pass rushers, i.e. Brooks+Aldon+Lemonade+Bowman etc...

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best way to slow Russel Wilson down is to keep him in the pocket. When he's scrambling for yards or buying time is when he's awesome. It also didn't help that Aldon was in zone coverage on several obvious passing downs when there is a slot receive on his side. It's something teams are noticing and sliding a slot man out there to keep Aldon in coverage instead of rushing the passer.

A second thing is we would at times rush 4, but then Ahmad would back off to spy Wilson so our pass rush was even worse.

Vic Fangio has shown the past three years he doesn't try to out scheme anyone, but relies on keeping things pretty simple and putting people in position to make plays. It's a big reason why Seattle gives us so many problems lately because they can predict what defense we're going to play in certain situations (zone on 3rd down like 90% of the time) and very rarely bring an 8th man into the box. No extra run defender forces our guys to scrape off blockers and then make tackles on Marshawn Lynch and that's why he usually has big days against us. We can be more physical then almost every team out there and get away with it, but Seattle isn't one of them since they can match us.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big win....no doubt. Some random thoughts......

Team-
--I know some folks nitpick about some of our back-ups but with several injuries this year I'm actually impressed with our depth. I think our second level across the board is a strength of our team.
--Love our special teams vs last year.
--I know people hate LMJ but at least he's running stuff back. However he's been an overall disappointment for me since he joined the team.

Offense-
--Gore seemed to really bail us out on that big run.
--Really disappointed we had so many FGs. Dawson is solid though.
--I hope the next few weeks we get a little more threatening in our passing game.
--Boldin is a beast. That guy saved our season with Crabs injury. Without him, we'd more likely be 5-8.
--Impressed with Crabs so far. I had a low bar coming back from an Achilles.
--I'm worried about the usage of Gore. I was expecting more out of Hunter this year. He shows flashes.....
--I think Roman tries to get too cute from time to time.
--I generally hate our third down calls, especially short yardage.
--I loved the QB sweep late In the game. That's the Alex Smith play from the NO game.
--We need to get more receivers in the mix....somehow.
--A small small part of me wishes Lattimore was activated but I know it's likely too soon.

Defense-
--I like our D front to back. I think we have way more depth than last year. They are Championship ready. We need more O. We rely on them too much right now.
--I miss Cully AND TB. I'm glad one will be back this season. But even without them our DBs and safeties are doing well. If one guy in the starting 12 isn't my favorite, it's Rogers.
--I wish we'd dial up a little more pressure from time to time.
--I'd really like to kick the tires (or tracks) on Tank at some point.
--Reid's concussions scare me....please no Dahl on the field in a big moment.
--I think Whitner is a 1000 times better with Reid than Dashon.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but a nice win today......

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I thought the defense played really well. It wasn't perfect but Seattle has a top 5 scoring offense so it's not like we were going to hold them down to 3 points or anything. I just feel in today's NFL anytime you keep a top team under 20 it's a pretty good day on defense.

I will say I wasn't a fan of the whole Brooks spy thing. I completely understand you don't want to Wilson to scramble for big chunks of yards against you but giving him like 20 seconds to stand there and pass the ball isn't much of an answer either.

I would much rather Brooks carefully attack him. What I mean is not have him go full speed trying to sack Wilson but approach him at good angles and make Wilson have to get rid of the ball.

Offense needs some work. As I said in two other threads we need to get away from 2 TE, 2 RB, and 1 WR sets. Aside from that huge run it really has little effect on Seattle.

Still not a fan of play calling and pass play design. Would be nice to see guys less blanketed by defenders with more YAC opportunities.

Kap was too inaccurate for my tastes and he just didn't have the touch throw today. INT was just plain all around bad. But on the positive side of things he's doing a better job of knowing when too tuck it and get 5+ yards and he seems to be finding open WR better.

But Seattle has a top 5 scoring defense as well so it wasn't like we were going to curb stomp them and hang 38 on them. So you do have to give props to their defense for doing it's job and making it hard for our offense.

I did like the fact we were able to move the ball on them and if we can get a few issues cleaned up we could turn some of those FGs in to TDs.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep Russell Wilson in the pocket in he's very...mediocre.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh more negativity. We fucking beat the beast team in the league.

Be happy for fucking once.

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd all like to see a better passing game, but I think some of it is limited by what our coaching staff is seeing that Kap can and can't do. We know he's still got alot of work to do in going through his reads, but my biggest concern is his accuracy.

He rarely hits guys in stride and most of the time his passes are back shoulder throws or guys standing still after their break. We almost never run crossing routes, slants, or other on the move timing routes. I can't remember the last time we hit a slant except when Mario first came back and caught two slants. Even our check down swing passes rarely work because Kap takes to long to get to them and when he does throw to a back they are standing around so they don't go too deep.

This team is talented enough to beat anyone and win it all, but we'll only go as far as Kap takes us. Even when we played Seattle in their house earlier in the year it was a close game until the 4th quarter when our defense wore down and broke after offense generated zip.

With Crab back we can knock the rust off him the rest of the regular season and begin to open things up and continue to develop Kap and the passing game. We've seen from the past few years the team that gets hot at the end of the year is the one that wins it all and with Crab back and Iupati and Brown coming in soon, we can be that hot end of year team.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get what you are saying about having to play in Seattle but be happy with this victory we just beat them in a real fair and square match. You call that stadium of there's fair? Not even Drew Brees could go in there, audible plays and come out with any kind of success. That stadium is the problem and gives an EXTREME advantage to the home team. If only one team can change up plays then why should they even be playing a game there?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The home field advantage is pretty evident when you go to Seattle. It isn't just the people, it is the stadium design and everything. It severely hinders teams on offense. There is a reason they beat the shit out of everyone up there. Candlestick isn't that great of an advantage aside from swirling winds every once and a while.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We'd all like to see a better passing game, but I think some of it is limited by what our coaching staff is seeing that Kap can and can't do. We know he's still got alot of work to do in going through his reads, but my biggest concern is his accuracy.

He rarely hits guys in stride and most of the time his passes are back shoulder throws or guys standing still after their break. We almost never run crossing routes, slants, or other on the move timing routes. I can't remember the last time we hit a slant except when Mario first came back and caught two slants. Even our check down swing passes rarely work because Kap takes to long to get to them and when he does throw to a back they are standing around so they don't go too deep.

This team is talented enough to beat anyone and win it all, but we'll only go as far as Kap takes us. Even when we played Seattle in their house earlier in the year it was a close game until the 4th quarter when our defense wore down and broke after offense generated zip.

With Crab back we can knock the rust off him the rest of the regular season and begin to open things up and continue to develop Kap and the passing game. We've seen from the past few years the team that gets hot at the end of the year is the one that wins it all and with Crab back and Iupati and Brown coming in soon, we can be that hot end of year team.

yep, unfortunately all correct regarding Kaep.

but also correct about a TEAM getting hot. not claiming it WILL be the 49ers, but the possibility is there.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have won by more if it was not for the fucking refs sucking on Seattle's cocks. The batting of a ball illegally is a spot foul. Meaning it was a 5 yard penalty from the spot of the foul. The niners should have got the ball on the 12 yard line. Instead it was at the 34. 22 yards different for the worse.

The pi not called when Crabtree was at the 4 yard line was pure bullshit. It was not even close. Crabs got shoved in the face with the ball 5 yards away. How is that not called. The game was in SF you dumb refs.

Also, where were the holding calls on Seattle's Oline. I was seeing major holds in the middle of the field complete ignored by these officials. One play McDonald had one guy getting a piggy back ride and instead of a sack it turned into a first down. The smith brothers were getting held like crazy and Aldon had a facemask first before the last score for Seattle not called.

I am tired of refs conforming their play call to who is on the field. Make the players play the way the NFL rule books say to play. If Seattle holds and interferes with every pass throw the flag every pass until they change. Don't be a pussy and think well if they are gonna do it every play I shouldn't call it or the game will go to long. The NFL is the one in charge not the Seattle players and coaches. Fuck them if they don't like it. Its the god damn rules. This is also for Green Bay who blocks illegally on every pass play and Denver who runs picks on every pass play. Or The patriots who Oline holds on every play.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Should have won by more if it was not for the fucking refs sucking on Seattle's cocks. The batting of a ball illegally is a spot foul. Meaning it was a 5 yard penalty from the spot of the foul. The niners should have got the ball on the 12 yard line. Instead it was at the 34. 22 yards different for the worse.

The pi not called when Crabtree was at the 4 yard line was pure bullshit. It was not even close. Crabs got shoved in the face with the ball 5 yards away. How is that not called. The game was in SF you dumb refs.

Also, where were the holding calls on Seattle's Oline. I was seeing major holds in the middle of the field complete ignored by these officials. One play McDonald had one guy getting a piggy back ride and instead of a sack it turned into a first down. The smith brothers were getting held like crazy and Aldon had a facemask first before the last score for Seattle not called.

I am tired of refs conforming their play call to who is on the field. Make the players play the way the NFL rule books say to play. If Seattle holds and interferes with every pass throw the flag every pass until they change. Don't be a pussy and think well if they are gonna do it every play I shouldn't call it or the game will go to long. The NFL is the one in charge not the Seattle players and coaches. Fuck them if they don't like it. Its the god damn rules. This is also for Green Bay who blocks illegally on every pass play and Denver who runs picks on every pass play. Or The patriots who Oline holds on every play.

agree we should've won by more, but IMO it was Kaep not hitting more passes. there were plays to be made, and he didn't hit it.

yes, there were calls that weren't called on Seattle, but WE had too many penalties irregardless. why does Whitner and Boldin have to be jawing so much? unsportsmanlike penalties can be avoided.

we could've converted any of those field goals into a TD.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not going to freak out at the prospect of going into Seattle right now. If we play the way we played today, we're going to lose up there. But that doesn't really matter. We beat the hottest team in the league. Our D is playing very well - the second quarter today excepted. Our offense is improving. We've got three more weeks to work things out. But we can play with any team in the league, including the Hawks. So let's see what the next three weeks hold, get into the playoffs, and just win.