• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who's going start wearing a paperbag?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
» Over the Cap- Philadelphia Eagles 2013 Salary Cap and Contracts

Need some help on this one since I can't locate the info & don't recall all of the specifics (a link for the Eagles salary cap is attached).

However - I do recall that it included at least 6-7 starters including McCoy, Foles, Cooper, etc & also included starters on offense & defense who contributed quite a bit. Granted some of these guys (e.g. Foles & McCoy) will command bigger contracts in the future. However - the same could possibly apply to certain players with the Skins if they had the same opportunities (e.g. they sign several low-mid $$ FAs & one or more has a breakout year). It all comes down to numbers, and more $$ provides more opportunities.

Would be great if anyone else remembers the exact players or has a link.

Those players don't really count. They were all drafted by PHI and Foles and Cooper are in their rookie contracts.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those players don't really count. They were all drafted by PHI and Foles and Cooper are in their rookie contracts.

you beat me to the punch

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality is, going forward this team has to string together a couple of complete games and wins. Otherwise Shanahan is likely gone. We can debate the O-line until we are blue in the face. Yes they are great at run blocking, but very suspect at pass blocking. Too many times where RG3 has no time in the pocket, too many batted balls and in general he gets hit too often if its a simple drop back pass. The defense needs help on all three levels. A switch back to a 4-3 isnt out of the question in light of the fact that we will need LB help if we are to stay a 3-4 team. And Im starting to think We need to get Rak and Kerrigan out of the pass coverage game all together any way.

If this team tanks the rest of the season, might have to consider next year as some what of a wash as well though.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that. The point is that more cap money gives more flexibility. Yes - they won't be able to obtain all of those players. However - again - they could obtain some mid-range FAs and some of those very likely could have breakout or even just decent years that would put them over the hump.

The money does need to be spent wisely. I would just caution everyone that the goal should not be to simply go after big name, high $$ people. Oh well.....

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you beat me to the punch

So - do you believe the extra cap money will or won't make a difference? I am in no way stating that the Skins will pickup that much more talent. Only stating that it should provide a significant amt of talent influx. I already knew that several of those guys were on rookie contracts. I never stated that the Redskins would have similar results. HTTR

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. The point is that more cap money gives more flexibility. Yes - they won't be able to obtain all of those players. However - again - they could obtain some mid-range FAs and some of those very likely could have breakout or even just decent years that would put them over the hump.

The money does need to be spent wisely. I would just caution everyone that the goal should not be to simply go after big name, high $$ people. Oh well.....

In Mikes defense, odds are with even 1/4 of what we were docked over the past two seasons, the Skins would have been able to atleast try and address the Safety spot, DE and O-line. Mara was trying for the draft pick to keep us from getting Griffin. He settled for hamstringing us instead. And he did a masterful job of it. Now if Shanahan is still around next year, will be interesting to see what we do for a DC and what players we add to the team.

Guess its time for me to start looking at college film in preperation for the second round next April. I was about 50% on last years draft, though i was off on the rounds for Rambo and Thomas.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So - do you believe the extra cap money will or won't make a difference? I am in no way stating that the Skins will pickup that much more talent. Only stating that it should provide a significant amt of talent influx. I already knew that several of those guys were on rookie contracts. I never stated that the Redskins would have similar results. HTTR

i agree with you as far as the cap gives us more flexibility
i also agree we need to spend it wisely on good , young guys entering their prime and not on has beens

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BZ9T7G8CAAA2mks.jpg:large

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, as much as I hate Snyder, he has very little to do with this current mess. He hired a proven coach and a proven FO executive and stepped back, just what an owner should do. He is willing to spend his money and wants to win. I can't fault snyder for anything he has done in the last 4 years in the handling of the Redskins.

with some....it's as the wind blows

on another note.....how many redskin faithful were still there at the start of QTR. 3?